Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no site will ever beat iriesville, marysville ca

Posted by tony 
no site will ever beat iriesville, marysville ca
January 21, 2006 05:34AM
ever........................................................................................................... the best vibe was there and is now gone may it rest in peace........no resurrection.............too many memories..............snwmf will never be the same ................what ca festival will be the next festival to take its place............?????new vibes............snwmf sold out to profit and the crowd............do you remember we built this city....b.s.
Re: no site will ever beat iriesville, marysville ca
January 21, 2006 09:26AM
...more like Jr. Gangbangersville, young XIII thug wannabees jackin' up the peace & love hippies...Warren had a hard decision to make between retaining a nice venue crawling with local cops, or moving it to a place where such a pervasive police presence was unnecessary. In fact, he's moving it once again due to the popo swarming the festival. For you to call that selling out to profit just shows your lack of understanding. btw you built WHAT city?
January 21, 2006 09:46AM
I think Tony is talking about Rome...and i do remember, it wasnt built in a day
papa ray
January 21, 2006 11:17AM
ONE: WHAT IS THE CONTINUING PROBLEM W/ SOMEONE, ANYONE, TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT IN REGGAE WORKS IF IT IS DONE ETHICALLY????

Jeezus, I'm sure if W & G were trying to JUST make money there are easier ways available for them to do so than a reggae festival! Booking a show is such a crap-shoot, doing a multi-day festival qualifies as crap-shoot squared. Give me a break....and give me a dollar for every nay-sayer in life who says 'sell-out'
about someone else when they've never put a seed in the ground they- own- self!

If I had a dollar for everyone of those who I speak, I'D HAVE ENUFF to fund a reggae festival. With money left over.
January 21, 2006 11:28AM
Warren and Gretchen are great people, but if you think them or any promoter puts on shows just for the peace, love, and irieness, you're not too informed on the fact this is a music *business*. If your gonna put your heart and soul into a big event like snwmf, you're gonna want to make at least some money off it. If you think your not a sellout by your definition, please tell your boss to forward me all your paychecks. Since your not a sellout to profit, you obviously don't need to bring in any income, and I could really use the money from your paycheck. Peace.

Post Edited (01-21-06 11:30)

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
January 21, 2006 01:52PM
"sell-out": the cry of those who worry too much about what others are doing, and too little about their own ambition in life.

Stevo
January 21, 2006 03:41PM
Well put Chimino.

I agree Tony, with the vibes that once happened that cannot be replaced. But then again.....I can never be 18 again either. No one is selling out. On the contrary, they're fleeing from having to. And no festival can take over, unless they have the right people, with the right intentions, who are willing to sacrifice more than we will ever know, in order to keep Jah Vibes a flow. You see, regardless of numbers in attendance, or the venue, SNWMF vibes can't be tested. Because from what I overstand, the intentions of the people who make it happen, are in the right place. Thanks Warren and Gretchen, and Daniel, and JB, and all the vols, and whoever else has a hand in seeing this fest through every year. You have brought me some of the best times in my life. With hopefully more to come.

-Stevo
old man
January 21, 2006 04:56PM
Big up everyone who makes the festival happen, and also to everyone who shows up, and pays their dues so all of us can enjoy great music and vibes. My wife and I go back and forth on this issue of Marysville vs. Angels Camp, or a new venue somewhere else in Norcal. In a few days we will all know. So...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login