Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IJahMenelik

Posted by Raslivity 
IJahMenelik
January 21, 2006 07:05AM
greetings all..
does anybody have info about the VI artist IJah Menelik? He used to have a site at [www.shashamanemov.com] but it's been down/inaccessible for a couple of months now. Perhaps there is a new website? i'm looking for upcoming tour dates. Hopefully he'll be on the next Talkin Roots tour.. Any info would be appreciated! Washington DC represent
Re: IJahMenelik
January 21, 2006 07:31AM
a couple of photos I found..

Utopia album cover

samples

[www.viroots.com]

and a interview
[www.virginiareggae.com]

Post Edited (01-21-06 12:42)
trinitymlk
January 21, 2006 12:23PM
I Jah Menelik is a powerful artist with conscious, hard hitting lyrics and a versatile style. His debut album "Utopia" blends militant roots lyrics with hip-hop influenced riddims in a unique mix that is a departure from any other "VI" sounds.

We were blessed to have I Jah Menelik show up the last time Midnite came through the Independent. The Green-Up crew warm up already featured VI artists Binghi Ghost, Donny Dread, and Natty Nubian, and having I Jah show up was icing on the cake.

With no rehersal, I Jah grabbed the mic and rode any riddim Swami threw out. The highlight being his boom tune "Bagga Wire" over the Jamrock riddim, which was pulled up three or four times.

On top of that, he was a genuine and kind artist to deal with. I look forward to seeing the Bambu Station crew come forward this summer with the full Mt. Nebo family..Iba, I Jah, Lady Passion, Ras Bumpa, Black Culture, and why not bring Danny I, and Bobo Ites along.

Respect, MK

January 21, 2006 12:46PM
up coming Washington DC show Thursday, March 2 @Zanzibar
[www.dcreggaeawards.com]

Post Edited (01-21-06 12:46)
January 21, 2006 02:34PM
check da next tune from Iba, featuring IJah Menelik, BOOM tune!

Afrika from Iba's soon come new release Many Lives

Post Edited (01-21-06 14:35)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 30, 2006 05:22PM
Greetings Ras Livity... Ijah is from the island of Montserratt. He has performed at U Turn Cafe on U St., Wash DC, and is sure to perform very soon.

Our site is in stages of transitioning - please check back within the next few days for updates.

Blessed Love,

Liz

January 31, 2006 09:01AM
website is under construction,please look around and leave info like, email for updates.iba released a song africa featuring ijahmenelik ,check it out!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login