Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

recommendations on DJ headphones

Posted by algoriddim 
recommendations on DJ headphones
January 25, 2006 06:42AM
OK all you audiophiles out there, I need to buy a new set of headphones since me Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphones cracked up on me. These have been great for the most part, but before I drop another $100 into another pair, I thought I'd check you all and see if there's something lese I'm missing.

Most important use for me is at the radio show. I mix everything on the fly, so I need something that can withstand a bit of bouncing around on me head without getting sensetive about it. Most times I just cock them up on one ear for cuing so the output needs to be loud enough to let me hear what's going on.

Comfort is the other issue for me cuz the next most popular thing is sitting in front of the computer with these things cradling my skull with that sweet sweet funkyness. 4 or 5 hours in some phones could drive ya crazy.

Not trying to spend too much more than $100-200, so I don't want the Bentleys...

Suggestions?
Re: recommendations on DJ headphones
January 25, 2006 11:03PM
>i would go with the sonys or pioneer. the boss seem a little overrated*
-RASpects+
January 26, 2006 01:36PM
i have both sony and pioneer....
if you are concered with beating them up buy them from someone who offers a replacement plan.
guitar center in the states offers a plan for less than 20% of the cost of the set.
to me i seems like a lot and i dont use it, but i generally get A LOT of life out of every piece of gear i buy.
January 26, 2006 01:57PM
I use Sony -
January 26, 2006 03:07PM
Dadi Digi
January 26, 2006 04:38PM
PapaJoshua, have you got 4 ears?
January 26, 2006 05:12PM
no but i do always have a back up............
January 26, 2006 05:35PM
The size of ears also matters...

January 26, 2006 05:46PM

Post Edited (02-04-06 08:04)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login