Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THE MEDITATIONS

Posted by AJ 
AJ
THE MEDITATIONS
January 25, 2006 09:31AM
THE MEDITATIONS tonight in St.Louis Missouri at Club Viva . I remember the first time I saw The Meditations, it was at the Santa Monica Civic Aud for the 3rd or 4th Bob Marley Day in LA. On the bill was The Meditations , Leroy Sibbles , Tidal Wave & The Babylon Warriors. Who remembers The Babylon Warriors?
pale ryder
Re: THE MEDITATIONS
January 25, 2006 09:32AM
Love the Meditations, one of my favorites.....
Dadi Digi
January 25, 2006 10:12AM
"All who is running from Jamaica, I hope its forever"

Sounds very Perry like on production but is it? Something tells me not?

Great band still. Enjoy the show.
Jackie Pablo
January 25, 2006 10:36AM
'Babylon Trap Them' & 'Running From Jamaica' are two Meditations 7" that were revived on US label Clintones. Both songs recorded at Black Ark with Dobby Dobson getting producer credits (no mention on label of any Upsetter hand in production, but who knows for sure?).
Dadi Digi
January 25, 2006 11:02AM
Thanks Jackie, both tracks have that distinct sound alrite however I did read somewhere that it wasn't Perry in the making.

cheers
Kel-I Bubbler
January 25, 2006 04:43PM
Yes I remember the Babylon Warriors. Saw them up here in the Pacific NW at an outdoor festival in the early 80's. And I will always remember Jah Lem from Babylon Warriors-he was a dear friend and encouraged me alot in my own music.
Harry Triton
January 26, 2006 02:27AM
... almost right Jack !
Running From, Rastaman Prayer and There Must Be A First Time are three 107% Upsetter products leased to Dobby Dob.
Babylon Trap was set up at Chanel One me thinks ...
AJ
January 26, 2006 06:16AM
WOW! Everytime The MEDITATIONS rock the house! About 2 hours on stage. Good turn out.
January 26, 2006 06:40AM
yes the babylon warriors dem...
i still have their LP and used to play it nuff...liked their sound mucho.

one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login