Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LATIN ROOTS

Posted by raiz 
LATIN ROOTS
January 25, 2006 03:01PM
I AM FROM TIJUANA/SAN DIEGO AND THIS WILL BE MY THIRD TIME ATTENDING SIERRA AND WANTED TO KNOW IF BREDRENS KNOW ABOUT THE LATIN ROOTS ROCK REGGAE WITH BANDS LIKE:

GONDWANA FROM CHILE
CULTURA PROFETICA FROM PUERTO RICO
ANTIDOPING FROM MEXICO CITY
MANU CHAO

IF YOU KNOW MORE LATIN REGGAE BANDS LET ME KNOW.
ANY PEOPLE FROM TIJUANA/SAN DIEGO AREA GOING TO SIERRA THIS YEAR?
Re: LATIN ROOTS
January 25, 2006 03:15PM
yeah, know bout Roots Natty frum PR, Jah Pablo, Alika, Culcha Candela, CaƱaman frum Spain, Fourth Dimension - Cubans from Miami, El Condorsito... few others, ya know all dem?

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
RasFelipe
January 25, 2006 03:46PM

Check this old post

[www.snwmf.com]
January 26, 2006 10:08AM
Manu Chao would awesome! I wonder when latin reggae or more latin artists will begin to appear a little more at SN.
January 26, 2006 01:27PM
yes i. more latin reggae bands should also get a chance to spread their positive vibrations while at the same time captivating the reggae scene in the u.s.
January 26, 2006 02:38PM
I love Gondwana and Cultura Profetica -- niceness, always.

Peace,
-RV
January 26, 2006 03:23PM
Did you see that Cultura Profetica was a late addition to the BMD festival in San Diego this year? I enjoyed their performance there a few years ago, but found their last appearance there flat and disappointing..
February 20, 2006 02:23PM
Yes I! I n I would love to see some latin roots for sure...Im originally from St.Thomas...so Ive heard alot of latin bands. I travel to South Florida all the time and I have seen Fourth Dimension at the Bob Marley fest a few years back and the brethrens them rocked it. I bought their CD but its nothing like them live and them say a new album is coming out this year.

The band is all dreadlock rastas: 2 Puerto Ricans..the rythm section, a Native South Floridian..the bass player, Drummie is Jamaican...related to Jacob Miller i heard. I know they are on the 13th Annual Bob Marley Fest in Miami this Saturday. I will try to be down there.
April 12, 2006 01:56PM
raiz-
i have a cousin in tj that i tried getting to come up to the fest 2 years ago- shes kind of punk rock chick and didnt seem very interested.
hows the tj massive? its been a while since ive been- but should be headed down in a couple of weeks to see the other 30+ cousins i didnt mention above.
i love tj- its my second home!
one love-juan love
April 12, 2006 02:10PM
Wasn't the Nortec Collective that played at SNWMF several years ago from Tijuana?

My friends and I really dug them.

One love
eric v
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login