Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mad professor in village of mendocino

Posted by peaceloveandlight 
mad professor in village of mendocino
January 26, 2006 08:25PM
please come join the mad professor in the exclusive village of mendocino on the north coast he will be playing soon on feb 5th at the crown hall for a very special show. all who know of this area will want to be out here for a very ire time and are going to be blessed with a truly amazing professor show. tickets are only $10 in advance and $13 @the door tickets avalible online at www.inticketing.com

p.s. any dj's in the bay area and sac that are willing to do some promo slots and any thing else please contact miken @ peace love and light productions 707 357 3292

peace love light and many blessings
Re: mad professor in village of mendocino
January 26, 2006 08:35PM
Sweet Miken nice up on getting the word out,,,,,,,
should be a great show I'll be coming out for this one,
watch the Super Bowl in Mendo then Reggae all night long no shut down time for this one smiling smiley
One Love
Al

thanks
One Love
I
papa ray
January 26, 2006 09:18PM
I promoted a show w/ MP & found him an easy going, articulate, artist-producer- master-dub-mixer, smooth & low-key. You've gotta give him respect for
articulating a personal style in dub. It's interesting to see how he builds digitally on
concepts/patterns originally done in realtime analogue, and either on radio or
in a club, I've made the mix Nice by dropping a track from Neil. Yeah, I like
that Mad Professor.
January 27, 2006 02:46PM
yes neil is a very humble artist one of the best in the industry for that aspect
i will be handing out flyers at the don carlos show tonight in tha bay for any one interested in some info about the professor in mendocino

peace love and light
miken

January 27, 2006 02:52PM
thank for the big up africaal i will see you tonight at don carlos tonight

glad your coming up yes it will be
SUPER DUB SUNDAY!!!! in mendocino the irie i high super bowl and after party

trinitymlk
January 27, 2006 03:48PM
Papa Ray,

I went to a Mad Professor show about five years ago in the Lou...

It was a small room somewhere down maybe on the Southside..very diverse crowd...kinda foggy on the details.

He had two vocalisits with him, and was mixing dat tapes live on stage, mainly new school Ariwa sounds, and UK steppers.

I remember a veteran local selector on stage for the early warm up, but that was before we had met. Were you holding down the selections that night?

Ruff session there. Respect, MK

Stevo
January 27, 2006 04:49PM
I would very much like to be there. Does anyone have any details on exactly how late the show will run? And is the Prof planning on playing til a super late curfew? I am returning to Cali from a road trip that evening and could stop in Mendo, but I wouldn't want to come to only catch a couple hours. Respect.
-Stevo
Stevo
January 28, 2006 01:36AM
peaceloveandlight- what's the curfew?
papa ray
January 28, 2006 09:06AM
TM, that wuz moi... The vibes an' Other Tings musta worked it's magic on yuh,
'cause even tho I wuz working, it certainly did on me. Neil's a joy to work with.
His manipulation of 'the implements of sound' that night had me grinning
and dancing(something that I've found is not usually the case if you've got the 'Promoter' hat on for a gig), and the kind of cat MP is meant that when I handed him the money for the nite, he just smiled, stuck it in his pocket, and when Isuggested
counting it he said 'I don't have to'. Extra classic, that Ariwa man.
January 29, 2006 05:23AM
doors open at 7:30 with dinner and the show starts at 8:30 or 9:00 and then neil will play for about 2 1/2 or 3 hours untill about mid night or so. he will play longer if everyone is feelin it but he has to catch a flight to greece the next day

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login