TR-808
Solid Boots
January 27, 2006 09:22PM

anyone else dealing with the wicked Akon remixes (bootlegs) making the rounds

good vocalist... hope it goes on for him

--
Re: Solid Boots
January 27, 2006 09:41PM
are these the ones you were playing the other nite?
one love-juan love
TR-808
January 27, 2006 09:42PM

yeah, two of them anyway

--
January 27, 2006 09:52PM
nice tunes!!!!
i havent been able to find good remixes(hip hop) latly. i used to collect the- strictly for the dreads- comps but they started getiing kind of crapy like the newer hip hop thats been cooming out.
one love-juan love
TR-808
January 27, 2006 10:02PM

thanks boss glad you like them, i'm playing them a lot at home

true they're getting hard to find again.. we're on the back part of the last wave of hip-hop remixes (they get big every time someone "crosses over" -- supercat, sean paul, etc.). people stock them but get stuck with them after they're more than two weeks old, so buyers at stores get reluctant.. hip-hop is even worse than reggae/bashment for hating on beats played for over a month.. if you play them at a club every guy there wants to tell his girl how old the tunes are so he can seem smart

sheeit

i still got some wicked tunes on the jump off, thoia-thoing, salt shaker, etc

--
Stevo
January 28, 2006 02:43AM
I got a bunch of the strictly for the dreads. You're right the old ones are much rougher. Do you know that Rocker T and Jamalski cut? And the Kulcha Don remix of "Hot, Black & Sexy"? Wicked.
I don't check for hip hop remixes much anymore, but have some. The tunes on "Oh Yeah" were just so bad a$$! Elephant, Alozade and Sizzla.
-Stevo

~Roots Gone International~
January 28, 2006 04:00AM

Post Edited (02-04-06 08:03)
January 28, 2006 04:35AM
Akon is killing it- with his roots in west africa and the carribean he is a huge reggae fan- this is great for all of us dj's because there will continue to be some sick remixes- I really like the one with Vybz Cartel and Wayne Marshall right now
Stevo
January 28, 2006 09:35AM
I mean the remix of Rocker T & Jamalski's-"Put It On"

-Stevo

~Roots Gone International~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login