Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MEET HERE IF YOU CAN

Posted by J 
J
MEET HERE IF YOU CAN
June 10, 2004 08:39PM
OKay all you wonderful Jah blessed people... so far from all of the threads, I have gathered that the main meeting time that we are shooting for is:

Time#1: Saturday, 3:30 pm At the left side of VALLEY STAGE ( left side when you are facing the stage) According to Ras Mosis... Midnite will be starting around that time.

If you have a walkie talkie- channel 9 sub 13!

Other threads talk about the Trade Roots Booth... but i am not getting a for sure time to meet there. Maybe on Saturday morning, before the music starts?

Well I really want to meet all of you, I already made a list of all your names, so I wont forget anyone at the festival.

Okay, so use this thread to:
--talk about times
--what you'll wear if you know
--if you have a distinguishing tattoo so we can spot you

So if people say "yes" to the Time #1, we should use that as our main meeting attempt. Let us know if you wont be making it at that time. If you wont be able to make it, try to suggest another time, Time#2, and place... but i think we should keep Time #1 as something that IS happening. Maybe Time #2 can be at the Trade Roots Booth. For the Trade Roots Booth... someone take the initiative and make a time on Saturday, in the morning hopefully, because Saturday is the biggest day, and nobody want to miss anything, so before the music starts is my 2cents. Maybe even on Friday, but in the evening because people might need time to settle in, and what if people are getting in late? OKay...Or Sunday... but I would personally like to meet all of you before Sunday because Sunday is the last day... and could be hectic or something.

Okay... so Time #1.. yes or no for all of you out there?
If you have another suggestion... read the thread, and title the meeting time "Time #n" in your response to this thread. Do not post a new topic with your time#n thing*( see the note below why)( "n" being the last Time# +1)
I really cannot wait to meet you all!
Jah Bless, One Love, Respect, Unity, Peace, Stay IRIE
-Jacquie
*On tuesday or wednesday of the week of the fest I will post a new topic titled "Official meeting times" or something which will have all of the Time#n's that poeple have come up with and who for the most part will be there at those times, so if you are just joing us, you'll know where we will be and when. Sorry if I am super crazy about all of this, I know some would say "just chill sista" but this is me, taking charge and organizing...it is a blessing in disguise. :^)

Re: MEET HERE IF YOU CAN
June 10, 2004 08:53PM
This is getting a little overzealous for me.
June 10, 2004 10:13PM
#1 - sure!

#2 - Trade Roots Booth Saturday, before music starts definitely. I think I saw somewhere that the gates open at 10:00 - but to be safe lets say 1/2 hour after gates open (sometimes they open early - I'll be in line with my cup of coffee b4 it does....
dirtweed
June 10, 2004 10:15PM
good job j - i look forward to meeting board posters but there are at least 4 "lets meet" posts going on and seem to be in all different directions. i posted a while ago with some suggestions but i think as we get nearer (8 days) we will be getting a more definite time/location. seeems like stage left for midnite looks good to most. keep going j - and post your final summary next week. maybe we can come up with some form of id (hand signal? crazy whistle?? odd dance???).
June 10, 2004 10:35PM
I'll have the rasta painted on my frontside except the spliff will be a little lower. Might as well use real hair for the beard if you got it.

[www.pbase.com]
June 10, 2004 10:36PM
Hope fully there won't be any smoke coming from it. Maybe while I'm streaking!!!!
June 10, 2004 10:40PM
#1...yup ;-)

Hmmmm...I don't know what I'll wear. Not that far ahead yet, but if it's showing I have a dragonfly on my upper back. I have my nose pierced...gee sounds like a lot of chicks out there. Well, I had my nose pierced in the late 80s so it wasn't popular then and I have a fetish with Dragonfly’s, plus mine is an original design w/ Celtic knots. I can't think of any other things that would make you know it's me. Oh well...see you then. Oh, I'll have my big teddy bear dread by my side.
J
June 10, 2004 11:41PM
So far so good, but I am looking for more poeple!! Come on DJ Rasta, Zana, Ras Mosis... you know who you are... respond!!
Glad you guys like this idea that is going on...

Waiting to hear more about the Saturday Morning at the Trade Roots Booth... lets say 1/2 an hour before the gates open, or we can just say 10:15 am... (that would be Time #2, sorry almost did not follow my own advice... hehehe)
As far as ID goes... I can make something for us to wear... like i can bring pieces of fabric of a certain color, and we can pin them on our shirts, or pants for those who are not wearing shirts... and for those streaking, well, the can just stick it to their hair! haha
OKay, sorry, I am straing from the purpose of this thread.

Okay, I think we should wear the piece of fabric... and i will bring a whole bunch, and then some saftey pins as well, to stick them on. Any ideas of what color... i guess i can make "mini-rasta" flags, like with black, red, yellow, green on them. I think thatis what i shall do, any objections? This will be a good way to tell who everybody is, a cool flag... and i will bring a sharpie if people want to write their names on them. Basically, if you see a mini flag.. well its someone form the forum. I can make them, and then try to post a picture of them online...that way we know what we are looking for. Please tell me if the flag idea is good with all of you, because if it is, well i have to start sewing!!!!
Jah Bless
-Jacquie

J
June 11, 2004 12:14AM
One more thing... the flag is not going to be huge or anything, I dont think i would be able to sew like 15 plus flags by then. Just let me know if youd wear it, otherwise i will save myself the time and what not and not bother. Maybe just name tags or something, i just think mini fags would be cool.
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
maybe like the 3x5 or 6x10.. i dont know what i will be able to do. I think they would be really neat.
Zana
June 11, 2004 01:31AM
Hey, I'm down to meet where/whenever. I'll just keep checking the posts until everything is comfirmed.
I will say, last year I kinda did the same thing. It is hard trying to remember everyone's posting name and a bit akward.
For instance, when the meeting before Midnites set, stage Left, happens you'll be walking around saying "Anyone here from the forum?" feeling dopy.
Well, I felt dopy last year.
I posted my picture in another thread so why don't everyone just recognize me, yell my name, run up, and give me a hug. Ok? =)
tc
June 11, 2004 01:53AM
hey why don't you meet in study hall,after 3rd period . just kidding have a blessed. event
June 11, 2004 04:59PM
Greetings and Blessings from San Diego Looking for ride share have car or SUV share gas cost, Med MJ on board OK Have leagal papaers on board, Car pooling? E mail Sskyrain@hotmail.com No illeagl drugs Raspect
SKyrain
Sounds like neet plae to meet Hi IM new here I forgot to say Hi sorry
peace
June 11, 2004 05:12PM

Hey everybody ,

Irie Mornin to ya all!!! I will definitely meet at the Trades Booth around

10:00 am. I still would like to meet you all at the Midnite show at the

Valley stage sat. at 3:30pm. I feel it would be the ultimate synchronization

at that meeting spot. 5 - days left for me !! Give Thanks to the most high!!

I don't know who you all are but I love you all anyway, you are all my I-dren.

Peace and Love,
Ras Mosis
P.S. I will be wearing a 2002 security shirt from the show, look for the I.
June 11, 2004 05:37PM
Skyrain fur real must have legal papers for MJ aboard? That is not going to make it legal to smoke and drive. U must be kidding.
Much Raspect,
Sanae
jbwelda
June 11, 2004 06:49PM
my thoughts exactly, sanae.

one love
jah bill
June 11, 2004 07:02PM
Ok new to this. So wut is this meeting place all about? Yer idea of this flag is a great idea. great way to spot someone you dont knowsmiling smiley
Thanks and Praises.
Much luv~~~~~~~~

June 11, 2004 07:08PM
all do raspect Just saying I have papers I will be bringing my medication its leagal and if there was another pationt, they are welcome as well, as far as driving some medication labels say "May cause drowsiness Alcohol may intensify this effect use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery, I smoke befor I drive some times I stop to smoke I can controll the effect as I can controll the EXACT amount of medication I take in however if I take a vicodin I can not controll the amount I just get it at once, other wise I can leagally smoke and posses Marijuana at any time Raspect
Skyrain
Sis April Joseph I
June 11, 2004 07:20PM
I had the idea of small white hand held flags. That would save the I much sewing.....
J
June 12, 2004 12:20AM
Yeah, Honestly, forget the flag idea... too much work, just try to post what youll wear that saturday morning and afternoon. Love you all!!!!!!!

Time#1: Saturday, 3:30 pm At the left side of VALLEY STAGE ( left side when you are facing the stage) According to Ras Mosis... Midnite will be starting around that time.

Time #2: Staurday, 10am-10:30am, whenever around that time really... Trade Roots Booth
I know the times are backwards... time #2 being earlier than time #1, but you guys get it. I think that those times will work for most of you, so see ya there. I am sooooooo excited to meet you all. I guess i wil post these times on tuesday night so people will get the info... and i guess on that thread, hopefully people will know what they are going to wear or whatever. I know we shall find eachother, with Jah's Blessings
One Love and Respect
-Jacquie
June 13, 2004 03:58AM
a suggestion - identify yourself at your campsite (a sign?). there is so much movement through the camp it would be fun to see each other at camp. ps please tell me if this is a stupid idea.
J
June 13, 2004 04:38PM
I think that might be cool, but i am camping with a lot of people i dont know, and i dont know how they would react to a big sign which says:
J IS HERE
They might be a tad confused.
Jah bless
-Jacquie
June 14, 2004 01:07AM
danabis is the tall skinny long haired hippy freak with a camo visor. see you there
J
June 14, 2004 09:06PM
Well, I am just going to say that I am really excited to meet all of you. Okay, well, 4 days left... so great! I mean for me when I think about it, it is not really 4 days. Monday is pretty much over already... Tuesday, okay that will suck, but i think I am going to set up my tent so that is fun...Wednesday, well that is just going to be tuff, Thursday, Pack, buy food... and then Friday... Leaving!!!!!!! Okay, so only two days are going to bad. I cannot wait.
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
Zana
June 14, 2004 09:13PM
You're funny Jacquie! You're so like me!! I'm going through the same thing. I'm not working or doing anything right now during the week (summer break from college, have a weekend job) So, I'm basically at home, alone, couting down the days and minutes. I've already started to get me stuff together too, because I don't have anything else to do. I'm bringing a ton of warm clothes because last year, Sat. night, it got pretty chilly. I'm practically naked during the day though =)
Almost here!
J
June 14, 2004 10:47PM
Good Stuff!
Zana- so do you think i really need to bring a TON of warm clothes, I was thinking about bringing a jacket... maybe a pair of pants... what do you think? Do you think I should have a warm outfit per night? I dont want to bring too much.
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO
-Jacquie
jb welda
June 14, 2004 10:55PM
i would bring a pair of long pants, some shoes and socks and a sweater or sweatshirt. its not like its going to get icy or anything.

weather during the day looks to be maybe slightly warmer than i forecasted earlier. so i agree with what zana says she wears during the day. but i bet it looks a lot better on her than on me!

one love
jah bill
Zana
June 14, 2004 10:57PM
Naw, just bring one warm outfit J.
When I said a ton, I meant I'm bringing a jacket, warm hat, pants, and wool socks, maybe some gloves, and a couple of long sleeve shirts that I can layer. I tend to get cold though. I'm just wearing the one set, hoping I don't dirty it up way too much. I hate bringing a lot of stuff so I guess "a ton" is not quite accurate.
But, IMO it got cold Saturday. I wasn't dancing though. Just sitting, listening to the music till pretty late. Its HOT in the dancehall though. It all depends on what you're doing.
Hey J, when do you think you'll be arriving on Friday. I'm getting there around 11am so that leaves many hours of free time before the show starts.
J
June 15, 2004 05:07AM
Zana-
I think I will be getting there around 6pm or so, which is not too great, but there is nothing I can do. I have finals the week after the festival, and that Friday, the 18th, I have a review day for my classes, so I should really go. Oh well, we have to do what we have to do.
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
June 15, 2004 06:32AM
I was readin through the thread and noticed you guys talkin bout the weather and thought i could help a little, since i only live 15 minutes away from the festival! Its 1130pm and i just stepped outside and it feels GREAT out. Bring a little somethin warm in case the weather gets weird but theres no reason to bundle up. If it stays how it is now youll be able to be "practically naked" throughout the night! Cool idea meetin up btw! Maybe ill see ya around, we'll see what happens!
Have a good one! Peace! -jer
June 15, 2004 03:35PM
I am down with the times, buuuuuuuut my problem is this:
I am leaving from Barstow on thur morn
have no idea when I will arrive there
but I figure it will be sometime thur eve
so, what can I do thur night
where can I chill thur night
who will be in the vacinity of...thur night
I would love to meet up with any of you if you will be in the area thur night
I have never been to that part of Cali so I don't know who/what/when/where/how or why
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
any sugestions?
I have no idea how good cell service is there
but...if any of you will be in the area thur night
select a meeting TIME/PLACE/DIRECTIONS and be can go from there
JAH BLESS
760 559-7621
June 15, 2004 03:39PM
WE CAN GO FROM THERE.....I have a bad case of misguided fingers. Turn table idous :^)
June 15, 2004 03:43PM
Several are meeting at both recreation areas around New Melones (we're in the Tuttletown Rec. Area) - check out South Melones Rollcall post and hopefully we'll see you there!
starcongo
June 15, 2004 03:45PM
Dj, alot of us are meeting at melones camp south of angels camp not to far. and iff you do come there theres cerfew to get car entree it is 11:00 pm. heres a map
[www.reserveusa.com]
June 15, 2004 03:48PM
Thanx, how can I find ya? Can cells work well in the area?
June 15, 2004 05:19PM
Alright idrens, I am booked:
New Melones Lake
Tuttletown Rec area
Site 006
17June04
Cee ya there...
June 15, 2004 05:32PM
ACORN site
Rastafariiiiiiii
June 15, 2004 06:06PM
shall that be the site where the bob-b-que takes place? count me in. i'll be the rasta looking cat created in his own likeness. can't miss I
June 16, 2004 04:52PM
BBQ IT IS...
June 16, 2004 06:21PM
Right on dj rasta-I - we're at site 3 - and irie neighbors all-round! See you soon!
J
June 16, 2004 08:26PM
How far away is the melon's campsite from angel's camp... Can we go back and forth between the two, and hang out with people there in melons... even if we are in angels and vise versa?
-Jacquie
June 16, 2004 08:38PM
The one we're at is about 8 miles away - the other campground (Glory Hole) is very near the festival (well - the road at least - I hear about a 2 mile hike). Most, if not all, of us are camping at the fest itself from Friday morning on...Monday night I may end up back at the other campgrounds.
June 16, 2004 09:14PM
I am only camping at Melones Thur night. The rest of the weekend I will be camping at the fest. For Thur eve, bring plenty of joy and laughter and festival cheer.
June 16, 2004 09:20PM
DUB, make sure you come and check me out. I will be the one sipping on stripe and sucking on BBQ chicken fingers...Jack Danials style (sauce)
also, I will be the one at the site skanking by myself. Yes iiiiiiii
June 16, 2004 11:32PM

Hey SNWMF Boarders-

A bunch of us active on the Reggae on the River message board plan to hook up at your meeting spot at 3:30, 4:20 and 6:00 PM. We'll try to introduce ourselves and get some good message board cross pollination going.

Can't wait. Incredible line-up Saturday!!

man-inna-hillz
J
June 17, 2004 02:26AM
OKay, I see, I just wanted to know because I thought a lot of you were camping at melon's only, for the whole fest... now i realize that it is just mainly for thurs. night. SO good, then i shall see you all amongst the camp of the angels.... cant wait
Jah Bless
_Jacquie
Sis April
June 17, 2004 05:17AM
Blessed-
Will be seeing the New melones Crew TOMORROW------
Yes I...
Much Love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login