Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question to the NORCAL massive

Posted by Translucent 
Translucent
Question to the NORCAL massive
January 30, 2006 06:26AM
I am new to the region and havent got to known it yet. I am interested in which area/neighborhood(s)/community(ies), if any, is a good place for a healthy and delicious eating & drinking experience, a vegan/vegetarian shop to try establish itself. It cant be too far from the Sac area. Any help is mos appreciated.

Guidance
Maconha
Stevo
Re: Question to the NORCAL massive
January 30, 2006 07:09AM
Welcome to the region Maconha. I'm not too familiar with Sac. But there's got to to be some delicious ital somwhere in the area.
-Stevo
January 30, 2006 07:14AM
not really that close to Sac, but there's some ital places in Berkeley and SF that I know of. In Berkeley you've got Jamaican Soul (personally, I love the ginger beer there) on San Pablo. In SF there's Reggae Runnin's on divisidero (never tried any of their food there, but smelled good when I went in). Peace.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
Translucent
January 30, 2006 07:34AM
Thanks for the replys, but my interest is not so much in places to go as it is in place(s) to open one.

Bless
Maconha
Translucent
January 30, 2006 07:34AM
Thanks for the replys, but my interest is not so much in places to go as it is in place(s) to open one.

Bless
Maconha
January 30, 2006 08:03AM
James is Reggae Runnins where King Jamaican used to be? Fulton and Divisidero?

fourtwentyplenty
January 30, 2006 08:11AM
nah, I think King Jamaican was on the other end. Reggae Runnin's is kinda near height as I recall. They sell things like clothing, records, cd's, etc... and they have a little ital kitchen that serves food as well. Peace.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
January 30, 2006 08:18AM
Maconha,
Demographics is very important in opening new business. Stay away from new development and strip mall kinds of areas. Look into where the local business owners established business (usually in the older development downtown areas), personally I know of many Ital loving people that used to attend UC davis so that might be a good place to start.
January 30, 2006 04:45PM
Come to the Santa Rosa area!
jb welda
January 30, 2006 04:53PM
midtown is the place to be. everywhere else is just a suburb of strip malls and big streets. very expensive in the city center these days though.

one love
jah bill
humhoney
January 30, 2006 05:04PM
also go to the sac food co-op in midtown....havent lived there for a few years but i think its on l or k street. DAVIS isnt too far and they have some good veggie/vegan resturaunts near UCD..
jb welda
January 30, 2006 05:17PM
the co-op is on alhambra blvd and either s or t streets in east sacramento.

one love
jah bill
January 30, 2006 05:35PM
>place(s) to open one.

FRESNO: we need ANY healthy food we can get here!

-s
Translucent
January 30, 2006 06:17PM
I truly appreciate the replies.

Yes forwardzion, "Demographics is very important in opening new bussiness", and thats why I began this thread. The right bussiness in the wrong place is not good bussiness. You need to have a consumer base for what you offering, and therein lies my interest. Where in Norcal is such a bussiness to find and cultivate such a consumer base?

Jah bill, I knew you would come forward. Which area do you refer to as midtown? Would you by any chance know anything regarding the cost af a small bussiness-space for rent in this area?

Dave, as much as I would Love to head west to the coast, for the time being I am limited to a radius of no more than an hour from the Sac area. However, I am still interested in replies from all of Norcal, for future reference, so your enthusiasm is surely appreciated.

And yes FZ & JB, strip malls and big development areas are definately not what I am looking for.

4ever4ward
Maconha
jb welda
January 30, 2006 06:34PM
>Which area do you refer to as midtown?

midtown proper is pretty much a rectangle bounded by "S" street on the south, "I" street on the north, 16th street on the west and 29th street on the east. but i would extend the "good" neighborhood out to csus on the east and really all the way downtown to say 5th street on the west with pockets of cool areas into oak park and south to say sutterville road. but the core midtown is 16 to 29, I to S streets.

>Would you by any chance know anything regarding the cost af a small bussiness-
>space for rent in this area?

look at a specific location and figure the most you could ever possibly be asked to pay for it. then double and maybe triple that. no lie. it used to be inexpensive around here; those days are gone probably for good. all the trendies around here think suckto is san francisco reincarnate, or milan or somewhere, so dont look for bargains except in sketchy areas like oak park or del paso heights (dph = "deepest part of hell"winking smiley but in those areas you can find some nice places (an island in an area of often not so nice) for reasonable prices.

one love
jah bill
January 30, 2006 06:56PM
ha ha- dph-
havent heard that in a long time. knew a couple of cats from del paso hights- and thats exactly what they called it.
one love-juan love
Translucent
January 30, 2006 09:02PM
Crucial info JB, give thanks!
old man
January 30, 2006 10:22PM
Jah bill, you amaze me with your analysis of midtown Sacramento. Right on. But there are other places close, the village of Fair Oaks, Granite Bay, where an honorable vegan might find just the clientele, he or she is looking for. In any case, keep us all informed, my wife and I eat out often, prefer veggie, being old hippies and all. One love.
Translucent
January 31, 2006 12:51AM
Yeah, I knew I could rely on JB for info regarding Sac itself, but input from people like you with info on other places close by is also crucial. I give thanks and will mos certainly post anything that comes up.

Bless
Maconha
jb welda
January 31, 2006 01:03AM
like old man says there are pockets of cool areas here and there (old fair oaks being one of them) but still suckto mostly equates to suburbs and malls once youre out of the city center area. it all depends on what you want to do; but the good thing about the city center is that people actually walk and ride bikes around and people are around well into the night. you wont find that in most areas around here...

one love
jah bill
humhoney
January 31, 2006 04:42AM
Davis is really close or woodland or even dixon....im from davis so my familiarity with sac is limited..used to live near arden........thanks for the correction jah bill..i was thinking of alhambra..but humboldt got me forgetten the place...
Translucent
January 31, 2006 06:49AM
"...the good thing about the city center is that people actually walk and ride bikes around and people are around well into the night."

More crucial info JB. This is good for any business, but particularly perfect for what I have in mind. I am looking at 11-7 as open hours so it sounds like a fit.

Jah first & foremost
Maconha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login