Jim Morrison is dead and the world's lost everything
Jim Morrison is dead and the world's lost everything
The blues has lost a brother and rock'n'roll has lost its king

Peter L Simons - July 1971
To be sung to the tune of 'The Death Of JB Lenoir' by John Mayall
riffy
Re: The Death Of Jim Morrison
January 30, 2006 10:24PM
A discussion bout Morrison on this platform seems a bit out of place, but I will oblige by saying, Jim is alive and living well in Oregon. I won't say where out of respect. This I know for fact. He faked his death in Europe to avoid coming back to America to face major drug trafficing charges. Due to this, he forfeited all royalties from The Doors and proceeeded to work as a mason in Europe for many years. He returned to LA in the eraly 90's where he met his current wife. She retired and they moved to Oregon to enjoy raising horses. You may see Morrison come out soon and attempt to make sum $$$$$$$ by telling his story.

No, not "The Doors" remade. It will be about his journey through life. He can do this now because the statute of limitations (30yrs) is now up, so he doesn't have to hide from the sh*tstem.

Stranger things have happened.

This is fi real. No joke.

ONE LOVE ON EARTH

riffycakes
January 30, 2006 10:39PM
does he live with Elvis and Tupac too?

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
riffy
January 30, 2006 11:40PM
Ya he lives Elvis, Tupac and Bruce Lee too but he moved out when he when he met his lady. ha

Take what you want. I don't need to convince anyone. I was merely responding to a post with genuine info. I n' I know truth. I do not conciously add falsity to the world...Jah know.

Check it out for yourself, if you have the time and resources and maybe you'll get ta meet Bruce, Tupac and rest of the gang..hahaha.

Riffy
January 31, 2006 12:30AM
Elvis, Tupac, Bruce Lee and Jim Morrison living together would be a nightmare. No one would ever do the washing up.
Jack
January 31, 2006 12:30AM
Morrison had such a huge ego that it's impossible to conceive of him remaining incognito for any period of time.

Personally I think that he was a pretentious poet with a crap backing band.
riffy
January 31, 2006 12:38AM
Jack-
I agree. He's very pompous and embarrassed himself many times no doubt. btw, his real name is not Morrison. He was adopted into a foster home as a youth. Originally it was James Lawyer. fft.

Riffy
riffy
January 31, 2006 12:59AM
huge ego? yes ...impossible?...no. pretentious with a crappy band?.. yes. Although some of the keyboard work by Ray was impeccable.

Respect,
Riffy
papa ray
January 31, 2006 06:08AM
Ok, let's riff onna Jim & the Doors. Altho I recall in the late 60s enjoying the
albums(proper LPs for maturing yet callow youth), I also recall that by the age
of 17, I was referring to Morrison as 'Lizard Boy' & losing my desire to listen to
Doors music. By the time of his death there were several universes of music
taking my attention from even remembering this guy. I recall he was the first
artist I ever saw as over-rated, after first liking him. The passing years allowed
me to go and hear those later LPs and find good things in them. The live material
is often embarrassing. I once interviewed Manzarek in '78 & found him an
articulate & funny man, an unpretentious and perceptive musician who could talk about how exciting it was to see Eric Dolphy on-stage. An unpretentious, intellectually curious person.

If you at all are drawn to the shaman-trance school of rock, Morrison is a
definite cat to check.
The man
January 31, 2006 06:47AM
I saw The Doors at the London Roundhouse in 1968 and it remains one of the best gigs I've ever seen - and I've seen hundreds if not thousands. Sure Morrison was a huge egoist and vain but he could also write a decent lyric and had a great voice, the best white singer of his generation. He also had electric presence. He was my hero when I was 20 years old. By the time he died a few years later, I'd had enough of him, but his death was still a huge shock.

I don't believe riffy? Morrison has long gone the way of all flesh.

Reel
jb welda
January 31, 2006 08:50AM
say wasnt that show at the roundhouse the one where morrison passed out during the first number, or never even made it on stage, and manzerek had to attempt the vocals?

seems to me i remember it like that somehow and there is video of the show as well. i guess i could be wrong...

anyway, pretentious windbag alcoholic would pretty much sum it up for me and the band was pretty weak as well. for one thing they needed a bass player bad...douglas luban who i think produced and played in "love" played bass on their first couple albums but i think when they were on the road they relied on manzerek for keyboard bass...almost as weak as keyboard horns.

one love
jah bill
The man
January 31, 2006 10:18AM
No Mr Adlew, Jim did not pass out during the show, and I saw both of the Doors performances plus one by Jefferson Airplane. He did drop to the floor during 'Unknown Soldier' but that was part of the act. By this time, Morrison hd put on a bit of weight and he looked rather scruffy, unshaven for several days.

The band were quite adequate; Manzarek was a very good organist and I liked Robbie Krieger Hawaiian style guitar. I came out of the Chalk Farm venue on a big high and the following afternoon walked down Kingsland Road singing 'When The Music's Over'.

Reel
papa ray
January 31, 2006 11:07AM
Sorrow of my youth: I HAD wonderful seats to see the Doors, but unfortunately it was the gig after the debacle in Miami, and in a fit of righteousness the show
got cancelled in Jacksonville Fla.

I'm in-between Bill & Reel on this one---I thought the Doors(and Morrison)
had their moments. I especially was fond of Jim's Billy Graham take-off
when he delivered the line 'You cannot petition The Lord with prayer!!!'.
I went around for months chuckling....
January 31, 2006 02:19PM
>never overstood how a band with no bass player(& even the singer have the time*) could ever be considered one of the all time greats...
>sort of like a band with only a keyboard player & a singer...hint hint
>i* would say though that jim morrison & lee perry do share sumting in common. dey both pulled there tingy out on stage*
>bumbahclot!
-RASpects+
January 31, 2006 03:37PM
In High School, I think I became enamoured with the....image of rebelion or just the fact that older folks didn't like it. But Now I'm really not sure what I liked to begin with.
there were other 3 piece bands that were much better. being a midwesterner I like the MC5.

Michael
Sir Lord Irie
January 31, 2006 04:12PM
Yep, "kick out the jams, motherf***ers!!!"
Great!!
pale ryder
January 31, 2006 04:27PM
Was it true that Jim was bound to a woman via satanic ceremony, or was that just Hollywood farse?
papa ray
January 31, 2006 06:13PM
Don't know 'bout that, but Patti Smith once commented she watched him
catch a fly in mid-air and eat it while talking to her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login