Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

any place to swim, cool off?

Posted by newby 
any place to swim, cool off?
June 11, 2004 02:40AM
As the name says, is there a place to swim at the festival? (re:reggaeriver) Or, is it all sun, all day? And, if I get there on friday evening (7ish)still ok camping spots? Thanks everyone and looking foward to seeing this community come together...

Zana
Re: any place to swim, cool off?
June 11, 2004 04:42AM
Hey newby,
there is no place right at the festival but there are some water sources near the festival. You pretty much have a lot of sun, so make sure to bring your own shade. There is a ton of camping but by Friday you will have to take what ever is left, which isnt bad. Usually you can squeeze in next to people without any problem. There are many people who arrive later in the evening so you may encounter a bit of a line to get in.
~Zana
June 11, 2004 05:49PM
The Man made lake is like 10 miles from the campground. In 2001 we kept hearing about the mystical legend of the lake and heard it was 1 mi, 2, 10, 20 finally we decided to see. A lot of folks were tryin to foot it there. We hitched a ride with a truck trailing a boat. When we finally got there, no biggie, kinda dirty, very manmade but mystical. We hitched a ride back too and saw the same people we passed still tryin to get there. Felt bad because it was easily 5-10 mi up and down a massive mountain. SPRAY BOTTLES!!!
June 11, 2004 08:24PM
I think there is a shorter route, although I haven't done it myself, supposedly there is a dirt road that's only a couple of miles. I think it's like 10 miles to where we're camping Thursday night, but there are closer spots. The question is - can you afford to miss a few bands in a row this year...NOT!

Gather the vibes!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login