Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Groundation and Horsemouth at Slim's tonight!!

Posted by fourtwentyplenty 
Groundation and Horsemouth at Slim's tonight!!
February 01, 2006 05:48PM
Groundation kicks off it's month long celebration of Bob Marley tonight at Slim's in San Francisco. They'll be joined by legendary drummer Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace and guitarist Will Bernard. Not to mention two new beautiful ladies from Jamaica on backup vocals who spent most of the year backing Black Uhuru. This show is all ages, yes all ages and $14 or $16. Should be a great time. Any of the massive planning on hitting this one?

Post Edited (02-01-06 09:49)

fourtwentyplenty
Cosworth
Re: Groundation and Horsemouth at Slim's tonight!!
February 01, 2006 05:59PM
Sounds cool... Count me in! Also, Love the Dub Wars. Also, I believe you got a credit on the cover of Dub Wars? Congradulations for that if so!
February 01, 2006 07:00PM
josh u gonna make it to the bellyup?
February 01, 2006 08:00PM
Won't make it to slims, but should be at the Petaluma show. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
February 01, 2006 09:45PM
I'd rather see Horsemouth & the two ladies minus Groundation, Don Carlos minus Groundation, Apple Gabriel minus....you get the drift.
I know, I know, Harrison's still a great guy.

February 01, 2006 10:10PM
If you ain't got nothin nice to say then GSUM!!!!!!

fourtwentyplenty
February 01, 2006 10:16PM
I said he was a good guy, don't cry yourself a river...

February 01, 2006 10:22PM
I'm just giving you a hard time. You know I know your tastes for the most part. I haven't heard or chatted with you in some time.

fourtwentyplenty
February 01, 2006 10:24PM
>hey 420 gave your boys a 100 calls but dem nah call back yet. wha gwan up there in cali land? same old chit i* c''''...
-RASpects+
pale ryder
February 01, 2006 10:26PM
420, did you get my message, give me a call. I have a potential summer job for you....
February 01, 2006 10:27PM
Yea man just chilling, and giving my woman the attention she deserves. We'll link in the near future.
Pale, bless up..

February 01, 2006 10:31PM
Easy there meeks. Send me an e-mail and I'll do what I can from there. You can always e-mail YoungTreeDave too for assistance. I know everyone is on the phone constantly so try not to be offended. I myself was on the phone for almost 8 hours last night and since 9AM this morning off and on with an artist.

Pale I just called you and left a message like 10 minutes ago.

Glad to hear that Chimino. I figured that was the deal. Hope all is well and working out.

fourtwentyplenty
February 01, 2006 10:33PM
>no worrie's 420 just wondering wha'gwan ya kno* i* gave up calling myself & forwarded the # to two differnt promoters to c' where they would get but they say dem still waiting for a call aswell...
>always next year*
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 11:01PM
Cosworth e-mail me at lajoshua@yahoo.com

fourtwentyplenty
February 02, 2006 07:54PM
My lord what a show last night. A couple of very minor glitches to be expected for the first show, but most definitely the best show from them I've seen since Sierra. Horsemouth is wicked, the backups have got serious moves and even more serious voices. At points during that show when they would hit their peak singing it felt like going 200mph in a an open cockpit race car. The addition of Will Bernard on guitar just filled out the sound. I really recommend checking them out at least once on this tour. Yes even you jb.

Christopher where were you bro? We need some video.

fourtwentyplenty
jb welda
February 02, 2006 08:38PM
are they coming to the hinterlands of sacramento fourtwenty?

one love
jah bill
February 02, 2006 08:56PM
Hey Fourtwenty,

I gave some serious thought to going to the show... But I instead opted to put more work into the DVD that I'm putting together for them... I'm pretty sure that it will make up for my abscense at last nights gig. I will for sure have it ready for the 19 Broadway show.... So show up if you want a copy.

Bless,
Christopher

P.S. Get at me about I-Pod video clips or DVD for this tour.
February 02, 2006 09:57PM
No jb the closest they get is 19 Broadway this Saturday or Ashkenaz on Wed. the 15th.

fourtwentyplenty
jb welda
February 02, 2006 10:34PM
how could you possibly tour northern california and miss great beautiful metropolitan cosmopolitan metrosexual suckramento?

its just like milan you know...except when its not.

one love
jah bill
Cosworth
February 02, 2006 10:55PM
Loved the show! Great crowd for a Wednesday. Never would have guessed that I would hear "Midnight ravers". That was too cool. Horsemouth sure has a great stage presence. Was a joy to see him live! Backup vocals were awesome! Got a handshake from Mr. Wallace after the show. Definitely some real high, high points. Glad I made it. Made it to work on time this morning too.

Missed you 4-20P!

Peace
February 03, 2006 12:07AM
Yes it was truly a wicked show. Can't wait to see them again. Thanks again for the ride 420.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login