Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Original Itals Feb 14th

Posted by Sista Irie 
The Original Itals Feb 14th
February 07, 2006 12:16AM
I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday! I just hope they all make it. LLoyd Rickets, Ronnie Davis, Keith Porter

check back for photos after the show!

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
Re: The Original Itals Feb 14th
February 07, 2006 01:43AM
Blessed Sista Irie
Thats my Earthday too
I get to see the Wailers..
papa ray
February 07, 2006 02:11AM
Sistah, give them my regards if you could, & please ask Lloyd to give my best
to his wife Pearl, bless.
February 07, 2006 02:22AM
Smallaxe, how nice we share that special day~seeing the Wailers is a great gift as well.

Papa Ray, will be sure to pass on the message to Lloyd. Do they all know you as Papa Ray? (from Missouri?)

February 07, 2006 08:21AM
Sis, do you have any confirmation that these three will in fact show @ the Flamingo? Does the contract stipulate that those exact persons will be there?
I'm just a bit skeptical in the "I've heard THAT before" kinda way...I looked it up in Pollstar and the only show scheduled is at the Flamingo, on not the 14th but the 11th...
February 07, 2006 08:38AM
btw that poster's wrong...the 14th is Tuesday. I hope they're not just as wrong about the line-up....
February 07, 2006 01:27PM
Stamina, I was just as skeptical for all the same reasons you are. In fact, that is why I did not post it until yesterday. I have been in touch with Roy McPherson (previously of Fast Lane Productions and now on his own.. Dandelion Productions) and he confirmed it a few weeks ago. Including the exact line-up. If it weren't for Roy, I would have my doubts as well since this is not the first time this tour was announced. I sent Roy another email yesterday for confirmation and will let you know if anything is changed. I asked for a special photo session with them before the show. I should hear from Roy today or I will call him tonight, but I am pretty sure this is a go. BUT...as you know...anything could happen. I will post what Roy says asap. He is the booking agent.

I will let Angela at Flamingo know about the day/date. That would be her mistake. Originally they were also scheduled on the 11th and it changed to the 14th.

papa ray
February 07, 2006 01:56PM
Sister, tell alla dem respect and all the best from the St Louis massive, Leroy,Virgil, and yes the baby-mothers too....yeah,from tom 'papa' ray.
February 07, 2006 04:29PM
I know Roy. If he says they'll be there, barring any mishaps, they'll be there.
Still, you'd think there would be more shows scheduled and advertised, with this lineup. Any idea who's the band?
jb welda
February 07, 2006 04:41PM
this sounds like a recipe for disaster: schedule the show for a saturday and have it in pollstar. then change the date and print a poster with "Wednesday" but Tuesdays date. and valentines day at that (the date anyway, not the day).

then have it be the only show scheduled (apparently) with a group that is known to not have all members (ok how about *the* crucial member) appear despite advance publicity.

its a wonder anyone will show up at all! maybe people in texas are more flexible than most...

one love
jah bill
pale ryder
February 07, 2006 04:46PM
Are they going to be touring California?
February 07, 2006 05:02PM
Mikey Judah booked them at the Haunt in Ithaca,Ny w/ S.O.J.A. opening
[www.thehaunt.com]
February 07, 2006 05:03PM
*sigh* That seems to be the way reggae gets promoted these days jb...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login