Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lutan Fyah in the area

Posted by Lustre Kings 
Lustre Kings
Lutan Fyah in the area
February 07, 2006 03:14PM
Just announcing that Lutan Fyah will be in Cali for a week or so for some local shows and recordings. We will be in Sac., Bob Marley day in Long Beach, Arcaida, and Medicino.....any interested in dub plates, etc....get in touch...blessed....LK
www.lustrekingsproductions.com
Re: Lutan Fyah in the area
February 07, 2006 07:48PM
>greets
how is everyting going*
-RASpects+

-RASpects+
B.M.C.
February 07, 2006 08:34PM
And soon he'll be flying this way (Netherlands plus other places in Europe) for a joint tour with Chezidek and Turbulence late march, early april! Can't wait for that one!
February 08, 2006 02:01AM
can you please post the dates and venues of the local shows he will be doing while hes here in cali.
February 08, 2006 05:15PM
so the Lustre Kings Tour must not have ever materialized- our loss I guess- would've loved to see Jah Dan and Noble Society open for Lutan, Natty, or Norris.
Maybe next time...
---peaces---
DeeCee
February 08, 2006 06:57PM
If the price would have been right these shows would have happened....
February 08, 2006 07:10PM
are lustre kings cali based?
one love-juan love
February 08, 2006 07:16PM
LK's based out of Oakland i think. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
selecta...
February 08, 2006 07:18PM
based on their dub prices im suprised they get shows at all.....
some man need fi humble. It aint right to be asking double what you can get veterans fa.
BG
February 08, 2006 08:02PM
if a man makes his livity thru his musical works...then "asking price" is just that. if you cant afford it, a so it go. Yu get what you pay for from this camp tho, bare quality and professionalism inna studio.
Hey yaow LK's....got some works for all yuh when Lutan reach, link up.

bless,
BG
February 08, 2006 08:12PM
Pricey maybe, worth it definitely. These guys have been cranking out some great material over the last couple of years and now is their time to shine. Lutan, Natty, Norris, Yami, Turbulance, and the Noble Society can rock any show from "Oakland to Auckland" and anywhere in between. Hopefully we can get them a good slot at atleast one of the fests this year. Felt bad seeing Lutan and Natty at one and two o'clock in the afternoon- 12 hours later is the right time for them. Inna Dancehall Style!
ganjalion
February 08, 2006 08:52PM
i agree with Tahoe...compared to dubs that i have gotten from other camps...Lustre Kings are always well above the rest, in both quality and style. they are always in contact and pretty quick with the dubs. i've paid less for other artists and not recieved dubs to my full satisfaction...never a problem with Lutan and co. keep up the nice vibes...

respect
BG
February 08, 2006 09:26PM
my blooooooooooming rose!
she's like the raaaaaaaaaainbow!
where she comes from noone knows!
I met her in san francsico!
I will never forget that stageshow!

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!
DeeCee
February 08, 2006 11:12PM
Don't get me wrong...Lustre Kings crew are some of the most solid people in the business........I would just love to be able to convince jamaican artists that they need to build a following in the Bay Area before you can command prices that you can get in NY and Europe, or Japan for that matter. SF is looked at as a large market for reggae, but in reality it is a medium sized market....especially when it comes to dancehall ..... so if you give the nice price a few times, then the foundation builds and people are willing to pay more, look at how hip-hop artists do it ...
they play big shows in markets that they have a hold of and get payed well...and then play promo shows for markets they are trying to build in.....

I think Lutan and Norris need to come out here and do a few selector shows in a big established dance a few times...and then they could build a crowd that would be willing to pay for a live show, because they are familiar with their music....

but....what do I know??
February 08, 2006 11:44PM
Large up DeeCee- anyone who sees shows in this area knows that you come correct with good shows at good venues at good prices- I give thanks. I agree 100% with what you just posted, hopefully some of these artists can come through and prove their worth. It takes time to build the foundation...
---peaces---
February 09, 2006 12:16AM
whats the going rate for a dub from theses cats?
i thought they went between 2 & 4hun. depending on the artist.
i dont have or ever bought any dubs so i dont really know. i've always been more focused on building up my selection collection.
one love-juan love
February 09, 2006 12:27AM
Juan- you called it $2-$4 depending...
Lustre Kings
February 09, 2006 01:30AM
Give thanks for the chatter....Well, the LK tour is what it is...the people who could deal with it, have done so and there are 5 shows going on in Cali with a band. If it was too expensive, then so it go....Honestly the asking price for 3 artists (2 of which have charted tunes in JA in recent months) and a full band was NOT that expensive at all. These artists HAVE done numerous tours in Cali "DJ or soundsystem" style and are now stepping up their game professionally. They do not feel they need to do those shows any more and are setting a higher standard for themselves. If that is too unreasonable for people in Cali, then the artists are content to wait until the time is right...."There's a Time and Place for everything....." says Lutan. As far as dub plates...that is not what we are about (meaning a dub plate agency, if you will). We simply do that to nice up the artists that we work with on original tunes, albums, etc. We don't make a cent and it is not always convienent for us, but we do it to help the artists we work with and to give people a direct link to get plates from these guys if that's what they want. If people can do better price wise, then by all means go for yours, we are just quoting the artists. FYI...Lutan is asking $200 per dub plate this time around... Thanks to all who continue to support the mission and works and be sure to pick up Lutan's album "Time and Place" if you haven't already....stay blessed....LK
www/lustrekingsproductions.com
February 09, 2006 01:36AM
LK, where in Mendo will Lutan be? Jah Bless

DeeCee
February 09, 2006 02:02AM
Big up to Lustre Kings....We have discussed this before and soon we will all work together.......glad to hear that shows are materializing....DeeCee will be ready soon..just not this time around..

One Love for all the works you do..
February 09, 2006 02:15AM
I wish you all would come out to the Southwest and Rise up the youth dem here in New Mexico. We love LUTAN FYAH and NORRIS MAN here- they get played practically every strong on the radio..

Bless
llokin fahwad to the vibes ina Long Beach next strongend

Ites Rastafari
Kabirji
Lustre Kings
February 09, 2006 02:23AM
big up deecee always..... as far as the bredren in the SW, what's up with some contact info, so we can contact promoters when things are happening???? check us in Long beach
Stay blessed...LK
February 09, 2006 02:28AM
Lustre Kings,
could you shoot me an e-mail at djrasjames@gmail.com. I'd like to get Lutan some radio promo in this area since Mendo isn't too far. Peace

February 09, 2006 04:22AM
BiGB
February 09, 2006 10:15AM
capitol gargae i s a SMALLL PLACE..kind of a shame..also make sure you wacth the sound system if your usn theres..it crakles a bit easy

ill be there...bo bo bo

Rollin through Oaklandddd one Saturday night..

SquareField Massive & Crew
February 09, 2006 04:28PM
What are the dates of the other shows? I'd love to go somewhere other than Sactown for this...

"Babylon dem is a venomous snake..."
Lustre Kings
February 12, 2006 05:24PM
coming soon
February 13, 2006 11:17PM
>u kno we had our date all readdy booked with some1 else...
>the next season u pass we wont miss*
[www.myspace.com]
-RASpects+

-RASpects+
February 14, 2006 09:47PM
bump?
February 15, 2006 10:40PM
Greetings Massive and crew!
Yes Lutan Fyah in di area in Long Beach on Feb 18th, 2006

Also I would like to inform the massive, that a full USA tour is in the works for Lutan Fyah- along with Norrisman and the crew will be returning late spring early summer.So stay in Tune with JAH's Blessings & Grace!
Serious Promoters may link kufunya@aol.com

About the talent fees they are fair in the various markets and from what I know these artists are looking at the whole picture and realise that there is enough food for everyone-
and if business is good for the promoter then a backend or bonus can be given to the artist.

February 17, 2006 07:18PM
>serious pleaze spare iNi*
>time is counted when u wake up & live!
-RASpects+

-RASpects+
BG
February 17, 2006 08:52PM
jahmeek. will you ever be over your mishap??? I mean, how can one man be so grudeful against a musical team that spreads so much goodness and joy? Surely your snide remarks and behind the back slaps in the face could be put to better use elsewhere, no??? it just looks ugly on you bredda...like yu still bawlin over spilled milk, 3 years later!!! tsk tsk
February 17, 2006 10:24PM
... lol

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 17, 2006 10:26PM
Big up Lustre Kings....all you need is a solid mic man to take the next Club Dread clash.
Would like to see a Bay Area Lutan appearance still...

February 17, 2006 10:52PM
>BG spreading so much goodness mite be wat u tink but there iz alwayz more than meets the eye no-matter it be hot or cold subject matter*
>sugar posts to the left and honest thoughts to the right pleaze> form a single file line now & no pushing*

-RASpects+
February 24, 2006 02:07PM
1final address to jah meek who needs to change his name to something more fiting---agni on ur mockery speak -RASpects+imble yah to be JAH meek. u wan fi brutalize kindness by throwing words round but iah fed up wit it. Iyaliminate yah babble.
February 27, 2006 12:16AM
>iNi nah take kindness for blindness...
>if u want to step be humble & look into my eye's cause if u come any other way more fyah is sure to burn ever living ever sure*

-RASpects+
February 27, 2006 01:06AM
I think Meek may have found a mate...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login