Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

boonville is to close to the infestation...

Posted by goldie 
boonville is to close to the infestation...
February 07, 2006 10:09AM
that clouds rotr. this festival is going to end up just like rotr. with lots of druged out kids looking only to get high... doesn't snwmf staff know what takes place at rotr? well there goes the family vibe of snwmf and say hello to the infestation of drugged out hippies of arcata/humboldt... not knockin all the humboldt kids, but rotr is a pretty drugged ut festival....

is this even in the sierras now.....?

oh well i'll still make it as im there for the jah music and HOT LADIES and not the dope..
Acacia
Re: boonville is to close to the infestation...
February 07, 2006 10:35AM
I guess the SNWMF should have asked your advice before deciding on a venue. Knowitall..
jb welda
February 07, 2006 10:36AM
hey acacia i hear you know some HOT LADIES!

wow thats pure roots and culture aint it now!

one love
jah bill
Acacia
February 07, 2006 10:42AM
Yeah, HOT LADIES soaking in the vibes of Jah music. Remind me to wear my burqa...
TR-808
February 07, 2006 10:56AM
February 07, 2006 11:02AM
excellent link, 808. as far as the location, meh....the reputation of Sierra is different than ROTR, hence the differing crowds. By the original poster's logic, Angels Camp would've been overrun with methamphetamine and white racists. Wherever this festival is held, it will retain its conscious vibe.

February 07, 2006 11:30AM
Chimino wrote:

Wherever this festival is held, it will retain its conscious vibe.

...as ROTR has throughout the years, despite attendance by unconscience idiots who just do not get it.

Peace,
-RV
February 07, 2006 11:32AM
Acacia,

I'm sorry I didn't get your note earlier, but I did receive your package, someone wanted to steal both of them on Superbowl Sunday !!

Anyhow, I will post your gift this week. SOrry for the delay.

Once again, thanks for your generosity, they are wonderful !!

One love
be well
eric v
February 07, 2006 11:55AM
There will always be some of the party types who dont come for the music, but hopefully not a whole lot of them like ROTR.

Im remember back in the early days of Maryville, some college types in SUV's parked right next to us in the campground. They made-up this giant sling shot and were drinking beer and throwing these water ballons about 50 yards across the campgrounds having a good ole time. When I came back to the campground in the middle of the festival, they were still there, they never even bothered to go inside the venue.

IMO, a few party people is much better then gangsters stealing from people tents or a right-wing sheriff hassling people and spoiling the vibe. We dont live in a perfect world.
February 07, 2006 01:14PM
goldie obviously is a know-nothing labba-labba making false alarms

however I expect the crowd this year will be different as a lot of local folks who like music but are not big reggae fans will likely attend. Yes there will probably be some young crazies but also lots of older alternative types and working folk. The demographic will probably be like that festival at Wavy Gravy's place in Laytonville (I forget the name) that takes place in the fall, lots of the local citizenry were there: doctors, nurses, teachers etc.
sideways
February 07, 2006 01:27PM
druggies? what the hell are u talking about?
I wasnt aware that people were taking freebase breaks inbetween
such peacefull music. Or were they spiking the the beer with heroin instead of hops?
snwmf hasnt even started yet?
loonie.. loonie.. loonie..!
its a world music festival, not a meth-lab convention??
sideways
February 07, 2006 01:28PM
druggies? what the hell are u talking about?
I wasnt aware that people were taking freebase breaks inbetween
such peacefull music. Or were they spiking the the beer with heroin instead of hops?
snwmf hasnt even started yet?
loonie.. loonie.. loonie..!
its a world music festival, not a meth-lab convention??
February 07, 2006 01:32PM
the most gangsters ive ever seen at one festival(reggae) was at monteray bay reggaefest 01. they didnt realy seem to be bothering any one-but there sure where a bunch of them. i remember in angels camp 01 & 02 there where quite few as well- in the camping area late at nite. no matter what we do or where we go- these unwanted vibes are going to show up.
one love juan love
riffy
February 07, 2006 01:37PM
Positive vibz will drown out the tweeks and freaks. Have faith, Jah will provide.

In the Name of THE MOST HIGH

Riff-o-matic
February 07, 2006 01:38PM
True, don't trouble trouble if trouble never trouble you, alright now...

HIGHPRAISE
February 07, 2006 01:39PM
MDMA , Blow , Pharmies, Whiskey ect. Ya know , the kids that like ta party sad smiley
HIGHPRAISE
February 07, 2006 01:42PM
Ya have'nt seen nothin till ya attend the BMD in Long Beach .. "Where's tha chroniks holms" smiling smiley
riffy
February 07, 2006 01:45PM
dunno mi vato - r u in the right place? hahahahaha
February 07, 2006 02:03PM
its kinda funny- some of the gangsters that i know from this area ask me "what ever happend to the vibes"(thats what people around here call the fest)
i just tell them it doesnt exsist any more. they dont need to know- do they?
alot of the locals think that the fest just diapeared when it didnt return to marysville- thats a good thing!
one love-juan love
February 07, 2006 02:11PM
**** the people that don't love rotr....that is the fesitval that i look forward to all year....drugs whatever....you are your own person and each person can make decisions for themselves.....the vibe of reggae is celebrated for it's freedom to think.....i think that sierra and rotr both are places to hear the music and do what you want without being @#$%& with....a place to be safe and have fun.....

Goldie you're trippin
just keep it irie
riffy
February 07, 2006 02:29PM
rotr = rancid offensive thuggs ravaging

I have no luv for rotr. It stinks. years ago it was IRIE, until it was infiltrated by the unconscious. oh well, the ites didn't care too much for the venue anyway, no loss.

Riffy
Acacia
February 07, 2006 02:51PM
smiling smiley Eric V, thank you.
February 07, 2006 08:38PM
You should not worry about what others are doing worry about yourself.
old man
February 07, 2006 09:23PM
Wow, back up there somewhere I totally lost it. Last year, my wife rescued a young girl who was drugged up by some guy at SNWMF, and she's a refugee-- my wife from Haight-Ashbury, and she rescued that young woman. There was no doubt in that young woman's mind who her rescuer was. I think that's where trust comes from. So before you preach a drug free for all (whoever??), know what you are preaching. .
February 07, 2006 09:30PM
Besides the dumbasses, ROTR is just too damn expensive for what you get in return.

February 08, 2006 03:18AM
Ok, everyone who listens to reggae and interprets Rasta differently than I do will certainly be in Boonville - maybe I won't be going there ya' know.

Furthermore, if I do decide to attend this year, would the 9999 other people in Boonville at least have the common courtesy to be on the same buzz I'm catchin' '?!!!! Damn kids act like you're asking them for the impossible!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
February 09, 2006 09:43AM
Lets just hope SNWMF invite a bit of the local talent...
And they have a real chance to make this fest a People's fest. Not Like ROTR. Not mainstream and hyper......

Lay it back, relax and enjoy.

I too am sick of ROTR's RasClot attitude ..."We the most high, Of the people, for the people, line our pockets full of cash, Peoples Productions"

www.rootstockreggae.com
February 09, 2006 09:43AM
Lets just hope SNWMF invite a bit of the local talent...
And they have a real chance to make this fest a People's fest. Not Like ROTR. Not mainstream and hyper......

Lay it back, relax and enjoy.

I too am sick of ROTR's RasClot attitude ..."We the most high, Of the people, for the people, line our pockets full of cash, Peoples Productions"

www.rootstockreggae.com

February 09, 2006 09:46AM
Yeah, bring forward THE TABERNACLE....... Anderson Valley's "local talent" when it comes to reggae music.
shunsta
February 09, 2006 10:02AM
Angels camp had plenty of ******* problems last year,i got called a fag like 10 times by some rich jock jerks,everytime id walk back to camp,this year im planning bringing more peeps ,im not taking any **** this time. unless its the cops. no im not planning on a fight. no my friends and i do not pick on people,but this time you best keep me away from the fagggit jocks,or there will be problems
February 09, 2006 10:34AM
Tabernacle, are you serious?
February 09, 2006 11:57AM
Everybody, just relax. Gretchen and Warren need all of us to have positive attitudes to insure that this festival picks up where it left off. I'm sure all of us have had some unpleasant experience at one of the festivals, but it wasn't bad enough to keep us away. Just think, the promoters could have decided that it wasn't worth the effort anymore, packed their bags, and gone home. All of us, especially the regulars, need to reward their effort by keeping a positive attitude. They're aren't many of us that would put their feet in their shoes, and until we do, RELAX.

Peace........

February 09, 2006 04:20PM
Woah, this is possibly the first time I've found myself in agreement with Ras NorcalJahman. In my opinion, Tabernacle's music is pretty painful, i'd use their set to catch up on sleep. Peace

Post Edited (02-09-06 16:39)

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
pale ryder
February 09, 2006 04:55PM
Last Year we put a dollar on the road next to our campsite attached to some fishing line (no hook!). When this guys came up to grab it we pulled on it. He freakin dove after the dollar wearing only shorts and sandals on the rocky road. I think he was putting on a show for us. We then gave him the dollar, and a beer thats cold....
king pablo
February 13, 2006 01:15PM
I think the new location will be irie, way more green and less dusty. The only downsides are on a technical note, that it is nowhere near actually being in the "Sierra Nevada's," and a way longer trip for people from the south. Lets hope the lineup is swet.
February 13, 2006 07:12PM
it is up to us as a community to regulate on excessive drugs and partying that go one at one love festivals. If we do not handle than the polic are happy to move in and deal unconsciously with our lost youth. If you see some people talk to them, with love and concern and maybe you can make an imprint that will last in that drug clouded haze.. dont just scorn and ignore..

blessed love

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
February 13, 2006 08:10PM
I think you got ROTR mixed up with Sierra Nevada. ROTR is more family oriented and a maturer crowd than the younger crowd that goes to Sierra Nevada.

How ROTR's have you been to to make that comparison? I have been to both many times and Sierra Nevada seems to more experimental when it comes to drugs - no one has ever freaked out on mushrooms at Reggae on the River as far as I know unlike Sierra Nevada.
February 13, 2006 08:51PM
im goting to have to disagree with you on that one astra1k.
psycadelic freak outs happen at both fest-more so at rotr with the majority of the people there just to party. i think maybe you notist this at sierra because there is way less people than rotr. any way- im not trying to single any one group out-but for the most part its usually the hippy crowd(greatful dead lot kids) with the jerry garcia tee shirts that are runnin around the camp selling junk to any one that will buy it.i dont under stand why these people think that a reggea show is the same as a greatful dead show- its not!!!! just my opinion and what i've observed.
one love-juan love
shunsta
February 14, 2006 09:03AM
bravo Empresslove ! good wisdom . Jah bless
February 14, 2006 09:05AM
some take the worst of ROTR. Live and let live. You can find knuckle heads anywhere. I would far prefer the North Coast setting to the central Cal footlands
February 14, 2006 09:52AM
--> far prefer the North Coast setting to the central Cal footlands
well, I think ya gwan getta likle bit a both but more a da former.. at dis new spot,

as far as the drug thing, wen I was into dat scene I noticed dat activity almost evrweh, but now I'm outta it, an I hardly notice it at all, anyweh, 'cep fi dat one time I went ta RotR (2000) an witnessed junkies and tweakahz hangin out inna parkin lot openly offerin dem poisonz... havnt bin deh since... too many people anyway fi da size a da venue... lineups havn bin all dat awesom, imho, eethah

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 14, 2006 10:06AM
Greetings from the Valley.
As an Old Hippie and local fellow (Philo) I thought I'd through my two cents worth in to the discussion.
When I first saw the subject, I thought it would be about Sudden Oak Death. Which is more to the south of us and not heavy here yet thank the Goddess.
Imagine my surprise when the infestation turns out to be Drugs. Now as we know there are drugs and DRUGS. Lots of Ganja here of course, how the hell do you think the county pays the bills? Mushrooms, yes. E, of course. Acid, nobody seems to be making that anymore.
There is also alot of really nasty Meth.and various forms of speed. Not much Horse.Folks who do this **** mostly won't be at your kind of music fest.
When I was a young Hippie, we learned early to do your drugs and not let them do you.
Then there is the most dangerous drug of all, Alcohol. We have a damn brewery here, so yes we have Alcohol. They hold a Brew Fest every year at the Fair Ground, I don't even go to town when thats happening. The whole place is full of Drunk young folks.
We want yaall to come and party with us and everybody have a great time.
Blessings
Rev. T.
pale ryder
February 14, 2006 10:14AM
Infestation? Do you compare people to Locust? If so, what differentiates you from the Locust that will infest Boonville? I will be drinking beers throughout the weekend. I don't get wasted, and if I hear someone yell at me, "Get Wasted" cause I am drinking Coors Light, I will laugh and feel sorry for them. Does anyone know how many Coors Lights it takes a 185 lb guy to get "Wasted"?
February 14, 2006 10:29AM
pale you have it easy I am running 252lbs. I would need a wheel barrel
pale ryder
February 14, 2006 10:36AM
HA HA HA, Ninja! I will bring some eye of the hawk fe ya!
February 14, 2006 11:18AM
Hawk Eye is good brew. bieng a Native Oregonian, I have my favorites up here. Bridgeport IPA, Full Sail Amber. North Coast definetly represents though. Mad River, Lost Coast, Anderson Valley, Humboldt all serve fine ales.
February 14, 2006 01:17PM
Eye of the Hawk is the $#!+, delicious, but watch out! It's like 9+% alcohol, almost a barley wine...Once we played the Hopland Brewery on a warm day, we had lunch outside in the sun & I downed 2 of their 20-oz. bottles...I wasn't good for much the rest of the afternoon, but got it together enuf to play that night...maybe it doesn't seem like much to some of you but I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol...I split a beer w/my wife maybe 2-3X a week...
def. Hopland Brewery & Anderson Valley are two of the best...yer mighty lucky up that way...
February 14, 2006 01:18PM
thanks for the correction, eye of the hawk. Big fan o red tail as well
jb welda
February 14, 2006 03:13PM
i would encourage anyone encountering these "jerry garcia t shirt" people peddling poison in the campground to take it from them, throw it on the ground and crush it with your foot, then tell the seller to take himself elsewhere before the same happens to them or before the security force finds them out and makes a case out of it. yes its harsh but thats exactly the stuff that makes a show like this hard to put on and puts everyone in a bad light. banish all mushroom, e, acid, meth, coke, heroin to hell and stay upful and right. alcohol is alright as long as its under control but even that can be a devil.

no its not the taliban speaking, its the voice of experience.

one love
jah bill
February 14, 2006 03:21PM
J bizzle fo shizzle. I didn't think you had it in you. I will lend a had "securing" a safe environment.
jb welda
February 14, 2006 03:26PM
could you translate that into old-man-ese for me there ninja. me no bizzle da shizzle fo nizzle

one love
jah bill
truth
February 14, 2006 03:47PM
nice thing about dreadstock is...

someone tripping consciously gets it known, ease up or...

a- it might not be your party and we need you to go on

b- if you arent feeling this and changing the vibe immediate, the local police and event security can show you to the door

c- if still tripping, disrespecting families, kids, vendors, any kind of person under the sun trying to enjoy themselves, it becomes personal and the water aint but 20 feet outside the fencing and invisible folks might take an offender for a walk and talk about the art of swimming

after that, respect a man and anything can happen, disrespect a man and ANYTHING can happen

jahguide and protect all festival goers and lovers of this music
February 14, 2006 04:34PM
If I knew hot ladies, I'd offer them some ice or shade or both!
February 14, 2006 04:37PM
There are drugs and alcohol at every festival, but what I have noticed is that everyone pretty much gets along, and does not bother anyone else. Hey and let me suggest that some of the local bands play too. We have a few real nice bands that live in Mendocino County, lets give them a chance to play in their own county. Ex... Rootstock, Luna Angel...etc.
kyndgrl
February 14, 2006 10:22PM
Im hoping the crowd will not be like some of the people we get at ROTR..not too say theres a bunch of "drugged-out hippies" or whatever he said, but I would like to see a more concious vibed crowd than im used to seeing...looking forward to the new location alot..
Give thanks~
February 14, 2006 10:35PM
Well maybe just maybe we should discuss this AFTER we have been to Boonville. As far as I know there are some great people in those parts and I am hoping to thank every single one for opening their town to us for the weekend!

Love ya!
Goatfoot
February 14, 2006 11:16PM
Rev Scott, there are so many things I'd like to say in appreciation of you and the greater Anderson Valley's hospitality. I have the utmost confindence in the promoter's and extended support staff and volunteers commitment and ability to make this a glorious success and blossoming relationship with your community. In short thank you for welcoming us into your community and likewise, welcome to the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival Community. Forward and positive thinking people will always prevail. Forward with respect! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!

fourtwentyplenty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login