Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The truth about Jesse Dawn

Posted by Jesse Dawn 
The truth about Jesse Dawn
February 07, 2006 11:30AM
Greetings,
To help people gain some insight about me, let me fill you in a little bit about my reggae background.
Often I'm reminded of the vocal and physical attacks on Bob Marley and Peter Tosh in Jamaica despite their wonderful intentions and super efforts. And yet, ever inspired by Marley's and Tosh's unstoppable spirit, I manage to carry forward my reggae church, now performing and organizing in 14 annual Bob Marley Days, several Earth Days plus hundreds of other events here and around the planet (in Mexico, Australia, the Philippines, all around the US, just to name a few of the places).
And as to the comments about the lack of rain at the Feb. 4, 2006 Bob Marley Day. For 14 years now, in this most rainy of places, east Hawaii, it has rained
on the morning of all my Bob Marley Days, but EVERY TIME, Bob's great spirit has
made it a sunny and gorgeous day. In fact, NEVER has it rained on any of my
hundreds of concerts here or around the world, a world which has given
me so much love as a singer, songwriter and organizer. Praise be to the most high JAH SPIRIT, ever living, ever faithful, ever sure...
Re: The truth about Jesse Dawn
February 07, 2006 11:39AM
who is Jesse Dawn and why should we care

jb welda
February 07, 2006 11:55AM
you know, posting it three or four times doesnt increase your credibility one bit. just thought you might like to know.

one love
jah bill
February 07, 2006 04:22PM
You've got to remember Jesse, those guys came out of some serious ghetto runnins...in the early days of their musical career Bob & Peter would request a radio dj to play their latest tune. If they didn't hear it on the radio they'd be waiting for him after his show outside the station to give him some righteous rassclaat licks. So they might've gotten some beatings, but they sure administered some as well. Their 'wonderful intentions' at the time were to get their record promoted. So admire them, their music and their lyrics all you want, but peace, love and rainbows were not necessarily their primary interest. Peter especially was a militant dread, and it was this rebellious spirit that earned him some serious thumps from the JA constabulary.
February 07, 2006 06:34PM
"In fact, NEVER has it rained on any of my
hundreds of concerts here or around the world"

classic narcissistic mentality: the world (and its weather system) revolves around ME
February 07, 2006 09:27PM
Tell them, Stamina. Play with (political) fire, you must get burned...

riffy
February 07, 2006 10:53PM
maybe let'm play the small stage late on Sunday? lol - I think Mike Turner may have touched on something to consider. gwan too far witta self-aggrandizement. I still say let'm mic up onna small stage, late Sunday, show luv. bun down false pride, stay tru.

One Love

Riffy
February 08, 2006 12:39AM
Sure it seems a little egocentric but if his efforts have helped forward jah work may H.I.M. alone be praised... many imperfect vessels do forward the kingdom, if not that all would fail... cast the first stone
February 08, 2006 03:00AM
Dont pay attention to these folks Jesse. Bring forth more musically inspired weather reports on this board.

Jah bless rainbows.
Jackie Pablo
February 08, 2006 06:40AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login