Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

natty Wailer?

Posted by Ras_Adam_Simeon 
natty Wailer?
February 08, 2006 02:35AM
Former Wailer to celebrate Bob Marley

Monday 6 February will mark the 61st birthday of the legendary Reggae singer/performer, songwriter and Rastafarian Bob Marley. It has been 24 years since the legend Bob, as he’s fondly called, passed on in 1981, leaving the world a legacy in the form of philosophical Reggae songs.

Natty Wailer a former member of Bob’s Band ‘The Wailers’ will be storming Galway with his band ‘The Reggae Vibes’ to perform in commemoration of the music legend’s 61st birthday. The venue is the Victory Hotel, Galway.

Natty, who is currently based in Belfast, is a Jamaican born singer songwriter, Rastafarian and philosopher. He met Bob in 1972 and immediately became the rehearsal and studio keyboards player for the Wailers. He has his name on Bob’s many albums and also played on tours the world over.

Natty told the Galway Independent about the enormous influence Bob Marley had on his life.

“When Bob passed on in 1981, I seem to have lost vision, faith and hope and went on to do other things, but I did not lose the love for music nor Rastafari and regained my focus and rejoined the Wailers. After a few successful world tours I formed my own group in 2000 – ‘The Reggae Vibes’ as an extension on my own creativity.”

Natty says that having worked with Bob Marley brought him to the realisation of the need to spread the message of peace and love in the world.

The former Wailer described the legend as one who was in touch with a spiritual source. “When you are in his presence, he makes you feel special and by meeting him you tap into your own potentials.”

Natty promises that the audience will experience Reggae in a different light, as he performs songs from his recent CD titled ‘Lifted’.

The Wailer will open the concert by performing some of Bob’s favourite songs as a tribute to the Reggae legend. Then he will move on to perform what he calls ‘Acoustic Reggae’. This he describes as a new styled extension of Conversational Reggae. Acoustic Reggae is characterised by distinct maximum bass and drums.

The concert will also feature ‘Breag’, the Irish Reggae Group, while special guest is George Jones of BBC Radio, Ulster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login