Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Artists Not Old

Posted by Michael Corleone 
New Artists Not Old
February 08, 2006 06:26PM
Bring Gyptian and Bascom X along wit Fanton Mojah. No more people we have seen over and over and over.
Re: New Artists Not Old
February 08, 2006 06:33PM
bring new people who have never been to the fest. no more people that have been going over and over and over.
one love-juan love
February 08, 2006 06:41PM
Personally I prefer people from Schellville like Michael who threaten others with acid vials and pick on young guys like Ras James to gain credibility.

fourtwentyplenty
February 08, 2006 06:43PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I count 18 artists that performed last year at SNWMF for the first time....

Richie Spice
Chuck Fenda
Anthony Cruz
Omar Silk
Macka B
Queen Omega
Shaggy
Luciano
Lutan Fyah
Natty King
Dennis Alcapone
Bambu Station
Batch
Ras Attitude
Army
Pressure
Iba
SOJA

I think that Gyptian, Bascom X and Fantan Mojah would all be great additions to this year's lineup.

Which year's did you attend MC?
February 08, 2006 08:24PM
i would like to see jah cure but we all know his situation jah need to bless us with jah cure
papa ray
February 08, 2006 09:29PM
Well suh.then Jah bettah spring the lad from de big-house, if he so disposed toward one convicted of THAT crime. I ain't about casting stones necessarily,
but some stones that get thrown hurt mo' then others, true??

Yessuh we all know his situation, which make me wonder why some folks have
a blind spot about this, given the absolute gravity of the crime. We're not talkin'
about ganja business or even gun business.

Always interested in seeing if new artists who sound good in the studio measure
up on stage----Gyptian & Fantan Mojah definitely on my radar.

'The truth may be an offense, but it is no crime'
February 08, 2006 09:50PM
For the dancehall, I think we should get sounds from the outskirts of Sonoma who think their selectas because they buy cd's from Audiomaxxx.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
February 08, 2006 11:45PM
Dj Ras James atleast i dont play the same thing over and over. just so you know you work 4 a cheezy radio station that you cant hear on the out skirts of sonoma.and just because your mixes are wak you think you got room 2 talk.You are a joke and ksvy 91.3 is a JOKE.

Learn how 2 become a Selecta not a Punk
February 08, 2006 11:48PM
calm down, both of you. can't we all just play a song...
February 09, 2006 12:18AM
does being a selecta mean stealing music from the artists you claim to respect through audiomaxxx?

LMAO at KSVY being cheezy. You mad cause they never got you a slot at the station or something? Listeners and artists big up Irie Sounds and KSVY, and the Irie Sounds crew has no time for hate. A guy who can't even get booked to play a real show and has to play unnanounced to campground audiences.

Nothing's funnier than a kid from Schelleville paying all his money for audiomaxxx tunes. Well, except maybe a kid from Schelleville who thinks he's Yard behind a keyboard, but that's a whole other story.

February 09, 2006 12:26AM
wow, I guess you guys really don't like each other- I'll leave this one alone
good luck!
Audiomaxxx = premix
February 09, 2006 12:57AM
you comin at me like i started this. i dont talk **** untill someone points the finger. all i said in the first place was: new artists not old and you got 2 be a punk bitch. yeah i buy muzik from audiomaxxx but thats not a fraction of my muzik. All my muzic is from buying Artist CDs. and about your ?. i dont want 2 play for someones radio station. were almost 1/2 way setting up are own. 3 months ago we were all about settin up somethin in sonoma. know you just want 2 get smacked.
BG
February 09, 2006 01:16AM
ha! OK, i guess my question is, above the Sonoma Turf war/feud is, who is this audimaxxx character, why does he steal everybody's music (stole mine and resold it for 1/2 price already) and how come no one tries to ruff him up??? He gets my vote for WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD!!
hey MC....why you gotta call Ras james names tho?
February 09, 2006 01:18AM
I agree on the new artists thing. However, you've come out dissing me before, so I respond to that. Really though, I'm over any problem, cause I don't deal with the whole internet badman thing. So any previous problem I've got with you from this board, believe me it doesn't really matter to me, so I'm over it. Peace

February 09, 2006 01:20AM
man he comes at me like i raped is mother. when all i did was say it would be nice 2 listen 2 some new artists.
February 09, 2006 01:22AM
dont start **** and it would be all fine.
February 09, 2006 01:25AM
and about the pause on your burner. you highlite all tracks and then right click it go 2 properties and it should give ou and option 2 change the pause from 2 sec to 0 sec
BG
February 09, 2006 01:27AM
Maybe it's your humbled way of speaking to him that makes rasjames mad, MC.
February 09, 2006 01:27AM
[audiomaxxx.com]

"can't we all jusss...." RK
jb welda
February 09, 2006 01:29AM
sorry to bust in like this:

>and about the pause on your burner. you highlite all tracks and then right click it
>go 2 properties and it should give ou and option 2 change the pause from 2 sec
>to 0 sec

but if youre burning tao instead of dao you will still get "logical" breaks. the breaks mentioned above are "physical" breaks and will show up in the soundfile if you read the burned disk back to your hard drive and look at it in a wav editor.

"logical" breaks will still sound like breaks on the finished disk even though they are not physically in the sound file.

one love
jah bill
Lustre Kings
February 09, 2006 01:37AM
Audiomaxxx is a guy who calls himself "King Raj" and he is a big pirate...BG, we had to sue him to remove our tunes from the site...might want to try it too. The more people that do, will eventually shut him down. Actually we sued him and his server, Aplus.net.. Get him for "willfull copyright infrindgement"....HOTTA>>>LK
Raj Ramgotra
PO Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0047
February 09, 2006 01:59AM
Tell us how 2 get all these new hot riddims that are imposible 2 get. i dont want 2 buy pirate muzik but i would like 2 get all this unrealesed tunes.
Lustre Kings
February 09, 2006 02:20AM
Mr. Corleone....I do not know where to tell you to get these riddims, other than wait until they are released, or find other avenues. If all you are buying is "unreleased"music (meaning it is not going to be released elsewhere) , then go for it. As a label, we just cannot condone someone getting paid off our music that we put SO MUCH energy, work, sweat, tears, and, at times, blood into. If you were in our shoes, would you feel differently??? We do not make a habit of telling anyone what they should do...merely trying to help out other artists / labels who are also being robbed and raped by pirates. to each his own......LK
February 09, 2006 02:39AM
i heard of a program called Mirc were you can trade muzik but i can never find some one 2 talk 2 or find out how 2 trade muzik. any sugestions.
Lustre Kings
February 09, 2006 03:46AM
I've never heard of that site, but I do know that there are several sites where people trade music focused on reggae...my only suggestion is to do a search that describes reggae music trade groups or something and see what you find....I'm sure you could find something. But that is really uncharted territory for me, so really I don;t know...that is my advice...thanks for the interest. bless...LK
February 09, 2006 04:01AM

>CDs

>Tell us how 2 get all these new hot riddims that are impossible 2 get.

Not impossible at all, IF you buy wax like a good sound system selector would.

If you still insist on rejecting real Jamaican analog, look into DC++...

-s
February 09, 2006 04:01AM
Mirc is an Internet Relay Chat program. Basically one of the first incarnations of chat. There are a lot of people that get the most newly ripped stuff there and then go to other share programs like Direct Connect or Soulseek to spread it. I've linked a lot of music through those, but that raises a previously debated ethical issue. It's all there, but you'll have to wrestle with your conscience. I don't have too much of an issue with sharing as it's going to happen, but people should try to be fair about it. Man like Chimino might have more input on this since he is one the people that I got started trading with on Soulseek. I even created a room in there for those on the board, but I haven't been on in a while and these days sporadically at best.

fourtwentyplenty
February 09, 2006 04:55PM
yEAH sPLEECE- Vinyl, the only way to spin.
CD's are for Dubs and exclusives only.
February 09, 2006 05:50PM
You know..I have been lucky to get accepted by the some of the traders on the various boards - so I have received some nice music that is no longer available..however, there is an unwritten rule that we never trade stuff that we can get..including JA 7"..so..while I dont have a major problem trading 70s and 80s JA 45s..I would never trade a cdr with a bunch of Lustre King 45s..because the person can just buy those (as I do)..the funny thing is..most serious traders buy a ton of music so there is no need to trade the released stuff..so it does not come up..(and we normally do not trade lps)..I buy a lot of roots..approx $100 per week...but I know that some of the serious collectors buy much more than I do..(and I don;t consider myself a serious collector at this point..just an advanced novice)..

so..go buy all the Lustre King product..(if you like it..and you should!)..and support the music..

k..going back into my hole..sorry for the rant
February 09, 2006 06:11PM
HA HA HA MIchael Corleno
give me a break go back to costa rica!!!!!!!

i love all reggae and vibe all viberrrrssss
ras james needs some help with his shows but you should not buy audiomaxxx.
take another look at your selection where did that come from!!!!

not trying to hate but im buying my **** legit!!!!!
February 09, 2006 06:52PM
Call me up buster . you should know out of all these folks that i have every artist from britney spears 2 the Young D Boyz.
February 09, 2006 07:12PM
Limewire rocks! I hope we're not gonna go into the whole CD Vs. Vinyl thing again. Just play music, that is what matters. Any selecta that focuses on his vinyl or his CDs is forgetting what the role of the selcta is. Selecting music, whether it is a CD, Vinyl or casstte tape is all that matters. I used to roll with two cd walkmans and a mixer. It was better than running one cd through a line in or no music at all. I seem to remember a certain selector or two saying they use mainly vinyl, but would like to go CD because the wax gets warped & Cds are forever. Next up is the ipod djs.
February 09, 2006 08:03PM
WEll, nuff music these days is never released on vinyl. As far as getting new riddim on mp3....soulseek, mirc, bit torrent, etc all better options than Queen Raj's site. Tief fi dead.

Stevo
February 09, 2006 11:07PM
Ras, if you ever need any help from the Napa Idren, we would be happy to assist you in serving anyone, tune fe tune, with vinyl everytime. Big Up Irie Sounds!!!!!!!! Way to trod along. It's not everyone who has an endless bankroll to get all the hard hitting tunes there are, come and gone. Don't vex. Keep it humble, and just forward. I would jump at the chance to run a radio show. But still, at the age of 30, I haven't managed to link one. You large Ras James.
-Stevo
February 10, 2006 03:06AM
>>
yEAH sPLEECE- Vinyl, the only way to spin.
CD's are for Dubs and exclusives only.
<<

No: ACETATE is for dubs and exclusives! rasta smiley)

-s
February 10, 2006 03:06AM

I like to go to audiomaxx, listen to all the tunes, then go BUY the good ones on 7"...

-s
February 10, 2006 03:12AM
I like to go to audiomaxx, listen to all the tunes, then go BUY the good ones on CD
February 10, 2006 04:02AM
i dont like audiomaxxx but i like unrealesed riddims and if i can find a way 2 trade my muzik 4 some new muzik i would love 2 stop paying 4 beats.
February 10, 2006 04:04AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login