Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CD Burning question

Posted by Ras James 
CD Burning question
February 08, 2006 12:48PM
Does anyone know of a cd burner I can download that will allow me to burn the tracks with no pauses between songs. I'm trying to burn a mix i've worked on, but I get that problem of the 2-second gap between tracks. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
sideways
Re: CD Burning question
February 08, 2006 12:55PM
which program one are u using now?mac or pc? operating system?
usually under the advanced preferences box there will be a window that specifies that info in most programs. or u can bring the tracks into a audio editing program and seamless join the tracks together as one whole file. let me know what u would like to have as the finished project, and i will tell u what to use or do.
j
sideways
February 08, 2006 01:02PM
and in the mean time maybe try this freebee?
@

[www.download.com]
BG
February 08, 2006 01:28PM
i mean, realplayer plus does that. but not for free..thats a premium benefit, the no pause between tunes thing.
[www.realplayer.com]

February 08, 2006 01:39PM
looks like aside from that, just having trouble with the hardware, which has me pretty pissed since this is a fairly new machine and the burner's basically stopped working on me. Peace

February 08, 2006 01:39PM
DOA not TOA, I think...
sideways
February 08, 2006 04:31PM
itunes has that option under advanced importing and burning window.
try forking out 4 g's for the latest mac and it acts like a fisher price heap out of the box! oh yea my g4 did the same thing too. thought it was just a freak mishap. never again.
February 08, 2006 04:36PM
this is the same problem i was having with my cd. i recomend down loading the rael player as bg also mentioned. upload your mix onto real player and then goto recording options- change setting to doa- problem solved.
oh- dont ever think i thanked jah bill for for the lesson- thank you*
one love-juan love
jb welda
February 08, 2006 04:37PM
its dao (disk at once) not tao (track at once).

james try looking in preferences or somewhere for DAO and click the checkbox.

sideways advice about one big file of seamless mix will work until you try to index some track breaks...then those gaps will appear if youre not burning your disk DAO.

btw those are not physical gaps they are logical gaps and if you read the disk onto your hard drive you will still see a continuous file.

the secret is: DISK AT ONCE.

do a google search for more info but meanwhile find the option in your burner software and use dao.

one love
jah bill
February 08, 2006 06:16PM
Nero works fine for me..
February 08, 2006 07:49PM

ALSO, if you have ripped your tracks to mp3, MOST programs by default add space at the end of each track. Rip them as wav or something like that...

-s
February 08, 2006 07:50PM

Nero has a feature you can select so there aren't spaces added by the burning program...

-s

February 08, 2006 07:55PM
I sent my friend the files, he got them burned on his machine using Itunes, said they played on his normal CD player without gaps. Peace

February 08, 2006 07:56PM
Nero has been my choice too for some time now and it has either the DAO or TAO option. It still had me confused for a while, but I finally figured it out.

fourtwentyplenty
February 09, 2006 02:08AM
The funny thing is I got juanlove's cd, but was playing it in WinAmp - with the "fade in" option on (which fades the end of one song into the beginning of another) - and I didn't even notice the breaks until I saw a post on here. =)

nice mix that - and Ras James I'll check yours out for sure (got sidetracked at work and spaced it out!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login