Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Social Commentary

Posted by Dubguy 
Social Commentary
February 09, 2006 10:53AM
Solid dropped this tune tonight - wicked! Definitely caught my attention. The new Buju followed and I sat in the Winco parking lot a while longer...almost got pulled into the next one as well but decided I had to shop sooner or later.
Re: Social Commentary
February 10, 2006 12:57AM
Yeah, I caught that one on my drive back to Redding, right before I dropped reception. Pretty wicked tune alright. Was his name Dr. Evil, did I catch that one right? I am stoked that Nick's show comes on right as I am driving home every week but I wish that the coverage was further north. Cuts out around Los Molinos.

Ever Forward
Empress
February 10, 2006 02:00AM
HIya Empress - not sure who the artist was - kinda why I posted it here, was hoping someone would mention it (although I'm sure I could go to Ernie Bs and figure it out winking smiley

Reggae Night tonight! You know where I'll be....
TR-808
February 10, 2006 07:06PM

yes Dr. Evil "Social Commentary"

thanks again for the mention, Dubguy, and for tuning in..

you too, Ms. E.. didn't know you're relocated to Redding?

--
TR-808
February 10, 2006 07:20PM

by the way, Dr. Evil is aka Leftside, of Leftside & Esco, who are the producers of that riddim and all the tracks that ride it.. they also do vocals together, including on on this current riddim, and hit last year with "Tuck in Yuh Belly" (many people on this board know this already, i know, so don't yell at me)..

but i wanted to go over that again because this is an interesting production team -- they are the sons of two of the roots greats: bassist Lloyd Parks and the mighty Errol Thompson aka ET (meaning also the nephew of Marcia Griffiths)..

[www.jamaica-star.com]

[www.jamaicaobserver.com]

[www.jamaicaobserver.com]

--
March 12, 2006 05:15PM
heh - just ordered this from Ernie B's - if anyone is interested it's listed under Dr. Devil? Misprint on label maybe? Or is it a Perry-esque obfuscation?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login