Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Groundation at Ashkenaz in Berkeley tonight the 15th

Posted by fourtwentyplenty 
Groundation at Ashkenaz in Berkeley tonight the 15th
February 15, 2006 09:27AM
Roll call people. Last chance to see them in the Bay Area with Horsemouth except for the 21st at The Last Day Saloon in Santa Rosa. Grounded soldiers, Bob Marley and The Wailers fans, Horsemouth fans where ya at? Bring the vibes. Hope to see you there.

fourtwentyplenty
Re: Groundation at Ashkenaz in Berkeley tonight the 15th
February 15, 2006 06:09PM
Grounded soldiers? Better than minced or fillet?
February 15, 2006 06:15PM
I prefer mine "a la turban." HAILE HAILE HAILE!!!!! ; )

fourtwentyplenty
February 15, 2006 06:15PM
I'd be there, but Senior Project is quite the bitch latley with the poster portion. Hope it goes as well as Petaluma went. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
Cosworth
February 15, 2006 06:27PM
Count me in! Hope to hear that awsome version of "Midnight Ravers". Also, it was nice meeting Christoper, Alexis and Chris at the 19 Broadway Feb 4th.
buttah....
February 15, 2006 06:47PM
what is the poster project supposed to consist of ras james?
February 16, 2006 12:21AM
how bout the Don, will he be in the house?
February 16, 2006 01:23AM
Don will most likely not be in the house...but I will be!
February 17, 2006 04:35AM
Big up to the Groundation crew at the Ashkenaz. Serious fun singing them Marley tunes. Great to see Horsemouth in action. Liked his exhortations to the crowd that he doesn't speak English but patwa, "Do you understand me?" Yeah, but I don't speak it. Packed house of skankin' fans. Band in great form, everybody diggin' it, Harrison smilin' ear to ear and the ladies from Jamica adding sweet soul. Great to meet ya YTDave and ryal1. Onward and upward to new ites.

Kel-I Bubbler
February 17, 2006 04:52AM
Groundation in Eugene sunday night.......Will Horsemouth be playing drums?
February 17, 2006 06:07AM
Yes!

fourtwentyplenty
jb welda
February 17, 2006 06:36AM
"providing the beat behind such work (burning spear at studio one) was leroy horsemouth wallace, then the resident drummer at studio one. he currently lives in an odd property development on the outskirts of spanish town: though described as a 'gated' community with twenty-four hour security, the contractors never completed the gate, so the security is non-existent. horsemouth's dwelling has no visible number, but the sound of burning spear blasting from a row of speaker boxes advertises his presence. he says his playing style was greatly influenced by african-jamaican folk rhythms. 'i was born in three mile in 1947. my grandmother lived down in trench town at 7 white street, which is walking distance. she was a healer, sees inside of your soul. where i'm from, we've got a lot of culture. like junkanoo, pocomania, and i was already playing pocomania drums for my grandmother when i was very young. drumming was a very deeply inflicted thing in me.'"

taken from david katz's "solid foundation an oral history of reggae", a book i heartedly recommend.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login