hippies should be set on fire.
jjlab3
Re: hippies
February 17, 2006 02:36AM
You are an idiot.
Bob the Builder
February 17, 2006 02:42AM
You are a hippy, therefore an idiot, therefore must be set on fire.
kyndgrl
February 17, 2006 02:47AM
is this guy serious...
February 17, 2006 02:49AM
The best advice I've ever been given about message boards back on RMR was "Don't feed the trolls."

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
kyndgrl myspace.com/kyndgrl
February 17, 2006 02:52AM
haha..bless up Ras
February 17, 2006 05:00AM
wrong...they should be hosed off, not lit up.

Stevo
February 17, 2006 05:07AM
The only thing you're building Bob, is a shallow grave, with your tongue. Of course you could halt construction and try some unity and irie communication. This place will be more pleasant for all of us, if you would respect the vibes.
-Stevo
kyndgrl myspace.com/kyndgrl
February 17, 2006 06:21AM
give thanks stevo!! we nah want dem bad vibes..
Ras the Builder
February 17, 2006 07:42AM
Bless up! Back weh with dem vibes taward deh builder mon. I mon nah a deh create mixup.
The man
February 17, 2006 12:26PM
I've been a hippy for 38 years.

Reel
Alisha
February 17, 2006 04:35PM
haha
papa ray
February 17, 2006 04:46PM
Why, some of my best friends are hippies....
February 18, 2006 05:46PM
we need more rude bwoy status not no love /peace/lets get hyfy
papa ray
February 18, 2006 06:16PM
Rude bwoy of today the man of tomorrow.

That is, if he don't go and get shot.

Papa Ray's advice to The Youth: Don't Get Shot.
dot look like one-
February 21, 2006 08:00PM
what do you call a person that is clean cut, has a job and doesnt own a bus.
listens and spins reggae/dancehall/dub?
ohh ya, and is Clean smelling!
HIGHPRAISE
February 21, 2006 08:56PM
Stamp Collector Selecta winking smiley
Ras the Builder
February 21, 2006 09:25PM
The Man - Is it why you don't like Sherwood? You're a hippy and I believe AMS once said - "Never trust a hippy"

Hahaha!
February 21, 2006 11:30PM
REMEMBER WE ARE ALL JAH CHILDREN, JUDGE NOT,HUMBLE YOUR SELF AND JAH JAH WILL GUIDE
Ras the Builder
February 21, 2006 11:45PM
Or Allahs children or Buddahs children or Gods Children or our mother and fathers children
February 22, 2006 12:06AM
MUCH RESPECT BREDREN, UNIVERSAL LOVE OF ALL FAITHS, IN THIS DAY AND AGE WE HAVE TO BECOME MORE OPEN MINDED. OUR RASTAFARIAN FAITH HELPS GUIDE US THROUGH LIFE, WE CAN NOT FORCE THIS ON PEOPLE , BUT BY SETTING GOOD EXAMPLLES AND SHOWING OTHERS THE NATURALISTIC WAY OF LIVING AND LOVING JAH WE CAN OVERCOME THESE BOUNDERIES OF SEPARATION.
Stevo
February 22, 2006 12:38AM
Only One Jah! Can I get witness? Buddhism is the opposite of Rastafarianism. Rasta love comes from the Father. Buddhist love comes from self, as if there ever was such a thing as man loving on his own initiative.
-Stevo
The man
February 22, 2006 01:11AM
You're getting me mixed up, Ras. It's Alistair Steppenwolf I don't like.

Observer
Ras the Builder
February 22, 2006 01:22AM
Who dat?

February 22, 2006 03:37AM
"as if there ever was such a thing as man loving on his own initiative."

you make the idea sound implausible, Stevo...

February 22, 2006 03:48AM
Stevo-
Buddhism is about realization of no-self. An elimination of the illusion of separation. The suffering of one is then suffering of all. Also, Buddhism is a philosophy or science, more than a religion, as it has no deity. (the Buddha was only a man-like you) At the same time, it has no problem with conceptualizations of deity that lead one beyond the symbol to the ultimate view of reality. (for example The Living King Emperor) The goal in general is liberation from suffering caused by the illusions produced by greed, hate, and ignorance that prevent us from experiencing the Now. The "opposite of Rastafarianism" would be more likley Capitalism, which relies on wage-slavery, and the propogation of greed, (gotta have those blings!) hate, (set the hippies on fire!) and ignorance (you have insulted my religion-I must kill you!)to perpetuate the hegemony of THE SYSTEM.
HIGHPRAISE
February 22, 2006 05:42AM
Yes I . Tell em Wolf . SURRENDER .
February 22, 2006 07:24AM
Stevo

Rasta is not an ism, neither is Buddha's Dharma.

old man
February 22, 2006 07:44AM
Actually, Buddhism has a diety, Amida Buddha, if you count Pure Land Buddhism.
Or not.
Stevo
February 23, 2006 05:24AM
Sorry to be so drastic with my explanation. Chimino, that's precisely my claim. Some attributes of love will shine through in our lives, but does it ever happen in full truth apart from God? I believe a person needs to put their faith in Jah for this to happen. The Jah of the Bible. And in turn Jah lives through His children.

Tuff reasoning RKW. But I have to disagree with much of it. I believe in a Diety. The followers of Buddha's example, do not believe in my God, or the claims of the Bible as a whole. Not true? The goal eternal is to glorify Jah first. Then babywrong will topple, then the chains will be broken, then all things will be added, then we will see His face. Not through works. He doesn't want our works apart from Him. He wants our attention, our trust, and our affection. Righteous works are inevitable when one puts their faith in the Father. But it's because of Him that our faith even happens to begin with.

J_72 trust me, the music is playing.
Ribbit!

-Stevo
riffy
February 23, 2006 08:11AM
some peoples kids....geez. : )
maristaia
February 23, 2006 09:10AM
sigh...kinda dismayed to see the same type of religious fundamentalism and intolerance that you see everyday from the Christian right. Oh well-it's a human tendency, I guess. How can one dismiss millions of people and a spiritual tradition that you don't even know or understand? Nevermind...
riffy
February 23, 2006 09:42AM
Good words, maristaia, bless.
Stevo
February 23, 2006 10:14AM
maristaia- You call it religious fundamentalism and intolerance. I call it true belief. And it's not a human tendency. It's a gift from the creator. Am I guilty of the everything you see the Christian right do? On television? Is the Christian right a good example of what a real Christianity is? My faith is not a judgement on you or anyone else. It seems to think you have me figured out. Trying to bust on me without even addressing me, assuming I just don't get it. How do you expect me to welcome any theology or spiritual tradition into my own? And how do you expect me to cease from sharing what I believe? These things would be a contradiction to what I believe.

Living Spirit-
Stevo
Stevo
February 23, 2006 10:16AM
Yeah, bless up sh*t talkin', huh riffy?
riffy
February 23, 2006 11:16AM
please read my thread:

~ WE-ARE-ONE ~

Mi try ta get cross onna basix, not coloured up wit symantics. Ease up gi tan so back.

Riffy
February 23, 2006 12:05PM
Maristaia, have you ever listened to the words of the reggae music you dance to?!

Stevo, there are many, many Christians who practice Buddhist, or some form of Eastern meditation, even HIM Haile Selassie I.

------------------------

Post Edited (02-23-06 04:12)
Stevo
February 23, 2006 08:55PM
J_72- Yes, I overstand you think Christians and Buddhists follow a similar enough path that they will meet the same end or lack there of. That's a very common view. Especially round these parts. But it's not my view.

riffy- The basics, yes. I don't see anything like that from you here. But you claim to have tried and imply that I've failed. I read your post ovah deh so. I still can't hang with the view that you don't have to put your faith in Jesus Christ in order to see Jah Pretty Face. That isn't symantics. If you know what the Bible's claims are regarding "WE~ARE~ONE", then tell me why would I tolerate such diverse doctrine? If you don't, then no worries, your perception of my beliefs is not surprising. Your views are most definately not hated by me or excluded from my realm of reasoning.

Living Spirit-
Stevo
February 23, 2006 08:59PM
tolerance is a foolish term. When that is the question. Are these beliefs tolerable? If not then tolerance is not required. If they are ok then why should we have to tolerate them? We should accept them.
February 23, 2006 09:09PM
Good to see you around these parts again Stevo. You say "My faith is not a judgement on you or anyone else." Is one of the cornerstones of Christianity not the notion that you either accept Jesus Christ as your saviour or else you are doomed to go to hell? From where I stand, that sounds pretty judgmental to me......
Stevo
February 23, 2006 09:24PM
But not a judgement from me Daniel. Jah is the Judge.

And Ninja- Yes I. I believe it's necessary to accept other beliefs. But not necessary to believe in them. I probably should have worded my statement like this..."how can I welcome such diverse doctrine in to become part of my own doctrine".

-Stevo
February 23, 2006 09:49PM
actually I do not know what accepting a belief that I believe is false would be like. A lot of people talk about intolerace for beliefs that you think are false, but let us put them to the test. Should I be tolerant of people who hate others based on their skin color? Should I be tolerant of people who hate people becuase they are of a different sexual persuasion? We want a world free of sexism, racism and classism because we think these beliefs are what Intolerable. we can all agree that some beliefs and actions based upon those beliefs are not to be tolerated. That is why we have prisons. The hard part is determining which are which and saying be tolerant is just another way of syin which beliefs we should accept, it doesn't tell us why we should.
February 23, 2006 09:53PM
True, not a judgment from you Stevo, but a judgment nonetheless.... Your initial post was not that YOU didn't cast judgment, but rather that YOUR FAITH doesn't cast Judgment, but that is exactly what "accept Jesus Christ as your saviour or else you are doomed to go to hell" does. Cast judgment against non-believers.

Quite honestly, I would have far less of a problem in YOUR casting judgement (we do that ALL THE TIME in everything we do) then having it done in the name of God, as though any of us REALLY knows what god thinks or who she would cast a judgment on....
February 23, 2006 09:55PM
jesus said I AM the WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIGHT. I take this to believe that anywhere you find the truth you will see Christ, anywhere you find a path out of darkness you will find Christ.
Stevo
February 23, 2006 10:13PM
Ninja-I'm pretty sure I agree with what you're saying. And yes being told to tolerate something is not being told why to tolerate something. I would say that on a personal level, I'm not able to stand ALONE against racist organizations and warring types. But I stand alongside you and everyone else against them. The spiritual battles are not man to man, though. In the present many look to a world free from sexism and racism. But we are so blessed that we can look to a world without even any sexual sin or racial separation in any form. A world free from our fallen state. Watch and pray. I say we can't sell Jah short and assume we are such a big part of the solution. Jah is the answer.

Daniel- It's good to be around, and cool that you noticed. I would say that my faith is in the judgement rather than my faith being the judgement. You're right, we don't know what Jah's judgement will be, or on who. But from long time now I've been sighting up on what is required to survive the judgement.

-Stevo
Stevo
February 23, 2006 10:16PM
Ninja- I posted before I read your last one. Very interesting point. I can see how you would interpret it that way. I just don't see salvation as a whole manifesting in any given, isolated goodness.
Stevo
February 23, 2006 10:17PM
Only God is good.
February 23, 2006 10:21PM
Stevo, I know where you are coming from, and although we have divergent views about Christ, I can still respect your p.o.v. It seems many preach toelrance but then they seem to be intolerant of certain beliefs, i.e. one's belief in Jesus as the only way to God...they say "you are intolerant!" but they do not even see the plank in their own eye.

--------------------------

Ras the Builder
February 23, 2006 10:22PM
My God - my threads are popular.
February 23, 2006 11:54PM
Here's a picture of Chimino making the rounds at the last SNWMF...

February 24, 2006 12:40AM
*yawn*

typical american half thought idealogies.

"how can i show my religion is the best without sounding partonizing and intolerant of your weaker beliefs"

"i'll feel better about myself by regurgitating some key phrases I remember from a spirituality book i read months ago."

you can't. religion is based on emotion and is taught to the masses via personal interaction. there is no human interaction on the internet-its sterile of emotion and feelings and character.

nobody walks away from this thread with new knowledge at the least nor newfound faith at the most. nobody.
riffy
February 24, 2006 12:48AM
I beg to differ that there's no knowledge being passed around in here. "Do you not hear the beetle on the ground, grasshopper?" lol

riffy
February 24, 2006 01:28AM
I agree riffy. I see this board an these reasonings as beneficial to all involved who are open and ready to exchange views...Stamina thoroughly has enlightened me with his post on Rome-Antics, and Daniel has contributed to my well being with his amazingly centered and consistent views. (MISTY IN ROOTS!!!!!)

Stevo-There is no question that your path is legit- your reasoning is excellent, and obviously a product of deep contemplation and study. There is no reason you should accept another view when you have found one that works for you. At the same time, another may find a path that is just as legit, and so there is no reason for them to accept your assertions regarding salvation. For example, I would say that one can only be in a "fallen" state if one believes in a "fallen" state as illustrated in Genesis. It is when one projects that state onto others who are not in a "fallen" state that things get sticky. I just finished a study of the Bhagavad Gita, and Krishna assures that all is in perfect order and unfolding just as it should. So which is it? It is both- a paradox. The river flows both ways at once. It's a beautiful thing!
Stevo
February 24, 2006 02:36AM
RKW wrote: "Krishna assures that all is in perfect order and unfolding just as it should. So which is it? It is both- a paradox. The river flows both ways at once. It's a beautiful thing!"

I agree. Is the opposite flow, the "fallen" state?(just to clarify) Also, "perfect order, just as it should", does not necessarily mean "perfect good". So I would reason that the fallen state is right on schedule.

RKW wrote: "....one can only be in a "fallen" state if one believes in a "fallen" state as illustrated in Genesis. It is when one projects that state onto others who are not in a "fallen" state that things get sticky."

I feel that I can believe in such a thing without projecting it on others. By believing it, and proclaiming it, some may see that as me passing judgement or projecting my truth onto others. But I only see it as passing on good news. Not of eternal damnation, but of free salvation. So, man to man, it's a matter of perspective I suppose. But in reality, if what I believe is true, one wouldn't have to be aware of their fallen state for it to exist.

Much respect for the positive reasoning all. Jah knows, I have a lot to learn. I give thanks for you and you and you.

Good to see you back around KingKaliWolf.

-Stevo
February 24, 2006 05:47AM
word em up, Stam!

March 01, 2006 05:39AM
WoW, Im Amazed by whats been said here.
I missed this board and im glad I checked back in when i did.

-PKW's Returned.

-={Truth to All}=-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login