Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cultura profetica

Posted by raiz 
cultura profetica
February 17, 2006 09:47AM
who has heard of this amazing roots en espanol band from puerto rico. well for those of you who haven't, they actually have peformed at sierrs before, the same year that martin campbell and groundation where there.

anyways i am going to see them tonight. they are playing at the 3rd annual tribute to bob marley fest in TIJUANA< MEXICO, along with gregory isaacs, elijah emmanuel and the revelations. i will let you know how it turned out
Re: cultura profetica
February 17, 2006 10:13AM
definitely one of my favorite bands right now. never gotten a chance to see them live tho.

Main man Willie (lead singer/bassist) is off the hook. Horn section is also quite noteworthy.

check these dudes out!
k
February 17, 2006 10:20AM
seen, saw them at snwmf few years ago... I was the only one in my crew to make a point to not miss, hopefully they will play.
r.j
February 17, 2006 11:51AM
sorry they not played s.n.w.m/f any yr
bit they played the b.m.b in l.b. s.d 2003 2004 that is what i meant right
new disco is called M.O.T.O MONDAY IS the last chance to see them
L.B Show super cool cats
Translucent
February 17, 2006 11:56AM
Any links to a sample of their music?!
k
February 17, 2006 12:01PM
yeah, it was long beach festival, seen...and some other festival, can't remember...too many shows, too much i-shence
February 17, 2006 12:07PM
M.O.T.A.
February 17, 2006 12:09PM
to hear it, check out their myspace page. just google cultura profetica myspace, and it will pop up
February 17, 2006 12:14PM
Unless I missed something K, you either mean another band or maybe BMD festivals, cause I am not aware of CP ever having blessed the stage at sierra. I missed the show in 97, but don't recall their being at SNWMF any other year....
k
February 17, 2006 01:49PM
check the other post....that's why i said, i meant long beach festival, not snwmf & some other festival. all the california fest seem the same to me.
k
February 17, 2006 01:50PM
don't try to check me unless you read all things through...seen?
February 17, 2006 01:58PM
I wasn't trying to 'check' you k, but rather was on the telephone during the 12 minutes that elapsed in betwen the time I started to respond to your post and the time you posted your follow-up. I liked their first performance in LB alot more than the most recent one, but am all for bringing the PR roots vibes to SNWMF this year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login