Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dezarie and Ikahba

Posted by Daniel 
Dezarie and Ikahba
June 14, 2004 02:16AM
Having just returned from the Health and Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa where Dezarie and Ikahba performed, all i can say is DON'T WAIT until SNWMF to catch these artists. Although Dezarie's voice was a bit hoarse, she gave a most royal 45 minute performance. I'm sure her set at SNWMF will be great too, but don't miss a chance to catch a FULL NIGHT of Dezarie and Ikahba while you've got the chance....

Upcoming shows:
Mon June 14th San Francisco, CA Jelly's Cafe
Tues June 15th Santa Cruz, CA - Vet's Hall
Wed June 16th Berkeley, CA - Ashkenaz
Thurs June 17th Fairfax, CA - 19 Broadway
Fri June 18th Angles Camp, CA - SNWMF

[www.dezarie.com]
Re: Dezarie and Ikahba
June 14, 2004 06:46AM
I love when she kicked those women off the stage. Talk about staying true to your values.
Sis April
June 14, 2004 04:22PM
Hail Empress Dezarie!
That show was so irie and so upful. Dezarie kicked a showgirl of her stage and said JAH AND LUST DON'T MIX and brought shame on that woman. After a lkewarm reception by the audience for her actions, Dez went on to lecture the audience with a true discipline about the value of women...then she busted so serious Queen Omega with a historical acount of woman. FIRE!
Her encore was exceptional----a true livication for I heart and the hearts of many present.
This sistren is a glory to her Father in Heaven.
Most upful works, fe sure.
GG
June 14, 2004 05:11PM
The rest of the crowd mighta been lukewarm but I was out there yelling, "YEAH!! YEAH!" ;o)
June 14, 2004 06:33PM
Did anybody see me by chance?
TR-808
June 14, 2004 06:34PM

> and brought shame on that woman

is that supposed to be good?
June 14, 2004 06:46PM
Who's to judge? She just laid her values out there for everyone to see. No talk there, she was walkin' the walk. If you were there you'd see that they didn't belong up there anyways. Sure they belonged at the fest, but not onstage with her. My buddy and I were joking that she was probably chanting down that whole festival on her way out. No folly pon the stage!!!! Fyah bun out the folly!!!!
nancy
June 14, 2004 07:43PM
Yes, it was a great show. I enjoyed Ikahba, also!! He has a wonderful voice.
I hope that Dezarie's voice gets stronger, she has so many gigs lined up this week, I feel for her. If those woman understood reggae music, and especially Dezarie's words, they would not have even attempted to take the stage. I think it was disrespectful of them to interupt her time on stage.
June 14, 2004 08:38PM
For REAL.. very disrespectful!! But it was the right crowd and event for such a thing to take place... I watched the women come up on both sides of her and her eyes nearly popped out. YES I Lust and JAH do not mix. FIRE burn that. And she goes on to express the ways in which babylon have exploited the wombman's body for too long now. RasTafarI.

Sis April, where were you sistren?? I was there as well! InI will have to link at Sierra Nevada...

Blessed
Sis April
June 14, 2004 09:05PM
Oh sistren, I wish I knew the I would be there! I was with the veggie bus caravan.....
And I got to meet the band backing Dezarie and Ikhaba and one of the bredren called I this morning with an invite for SNWMF.
I give thanks---- those are some fine folks. truly.
And yes man, shame is a good thing. Those heathenwomen had no right to join Dezarie on stage. She is not some 'show' or rockstar. The sistren has a mission and a responsibility to uphold in her faith and to be honest, I would have been bummed if she didn't stand up for THE TRUTH AND RIGHT. But more than stand up, the sistren brought education and history and actually taught the people some deep lessons that they obviously were ripe to hear--- or JAH would not have put that opportunity in Dezarie' s path. But she was wise enough to see what was laid before her and she used it for LIVICATION.........
Iternal thanks
JAH RASTAFARI WORTHY OF PRAISE
June 14, 2004 09:29PM
For real.. The band invited the I for SNWMF.. that is blessed!! I dont think I saw the "veggie bus caravan".. there were so many buses and things. I am suprised I didn't see you sistren, there were so few of InI Rastafari! I've never seen so many hippies and so much exploitation of Rasta culture in one place before... Jah knows..

The Sistren Gathering plans still in effect for Friday before Dezarie?

Hail Queen Omega
TR-808
June 14, 2004 10:28PM

> Those heathenwomen

LOL
jb welda
June 14, 2004 10:30PM
care to expand on that solid? i could use the chuckle today.

one love
jah bill
June 14, 2004 10:32PM
Not all reggae music has the message in it Nancy. What we saw was a Rasta woman doing reggae music. There is a big difference! Just ask Shabba. It was unfortunate that it happened, but I guess they got what they deserved for not knowing her or consulting her views. Talk about polar opposites.

I'm not Rasta, but the music is so spiritual that even the non-Rasta can bask in its passion and glory. For the Rasta though, that must have been a delicious appetizer before Sierra Nevada? What say you sistren? The Rastaman/woman is in for some good heart and soul music from this Empress. I hope her voice gets better so she can hit those high notes.
TR-808
June 14, 2004 10:32PM

ok

what are we, on little house on the prairie?

who was churning the butter when these gawsh-durn heathenwomen dunnit?

hopefully their husbands straightened them out.

or is that sexist?
GG
June 14, 2004 10:48PM
This is not meant to be insulting but after reading this from you SisMenenI, " am suprised I didn't see you sistren, there were so few of InI Rastafari! I've never seen so many hippies and so much exploitation of Rasta culture in one place before... ", the way it looks in writing has a very 'exclusive' tone to it. If the true rastas want to spread the word and perhaps bring others into the practice (for lack of a better word), all of the haughty exclusivity is certainly not the way to do it. Often times, I get the impression that rastas are snobs....like they carry themselves as if they are better than others and the humility is absent. This is only my perception but it just gets reaffirmed when I read statements like the above. I'm nearly certain you meant nothing of the sort but it's almost a chastisement that seems to say, "there were a bunch of dreads and wannabes and how dare they!". I'm not a rasta but I was yelling in agreement with Dezarie cause her statements were truth and light...rasta or not. But really my point with this response is just to make you aware of how statements like that can come across. I've always been scared off by rastas when I hear or read something like that and I wish it was the opposite...where I'd want to learn from and reason with you folks.

June 14, 2004 11:00PM
Yeah, I would be curious to learn what you meant by:

"so many hippies and so much exploitation of Rasta culture in one place before"

That northern california is home to many hippies is nothing new. This has been the case long before Rasta trodded in this direction.

Exploitation of Rasta Culture? Do you mean there were a lot of people wearing Bob Marley shirts, red green and gold or partaking in herb? That too is nothing new. Lots of people (hippies and otherwise) were the colours but not the lifestyle.

What surprised me most was the fact that the music seemed to take a backstage to all the holistics, alternative energy and other things going on at the festival. Seemed like only a small % of the people were actually there for the music.
jb welda
June 14, 2004 11:14PM
im kind of wondering what "SisMenenI"s credentials are for making such a judgement. not that i doubt her word, but im just wondering what rasta camp she came up in up in the hills of jamaica and when the last time was she was in shashamane land, or africa for that matter.

one love
jah bill
dirtweed
June 14, 2004 11:16PM
gg - i am sure i will get slammed for posting my opinion but i agree with you that many true rastas (i.e.black rastas) do seem to exude a haughty presence. that also shows through in a lot of posts on the message board.
TR-808
June 14, 2004 11:16PM

i'm curious how anyone was surprised about weird hippies at something called

> the Health and Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa

(the hint is in the name and the place!)
liz
June 15, 2004 01:19AM
Do we forget what one love means? Lets stay away from all the negative. Mis-communication happens in daily life, and it could possibly be happening now. Lets focus on the music and its intentions...bringing all facets of life together for one great feeling....
June 15, 2004 01:44AM
Well the focus is on the music. Dezarie wasn't "bringing all facets of life together for one great feeling," she was chanting down this particular facet. It does seem that the hippies have a better idea of one love sometimes than the Rastas.
Sis April
June 15, 2004 03:08PM
Let I join in here to explain a few things. Firstly, SisMenenI is Rastafari and so am InI and when one sees others that *seem* Rastafari it is the mind that sights "hey! Rastafari!". So many others appearing to be so, coming with an emperial greeting, traditional RastaFarI looks and actions......seen...so it is a heart break when InI realize that that next man is not, was not and is far from JAH in their hearts.
I don't think SisMenenI is slamming anyone---- she is saying that it is a dissapointment to see so many ones so close to RastafarI yet so far from HIM------- it is InI disappointment, too. And coming from InI faith THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE and shouldn't be offensive.
What qualifies Sistren MenenI???? She has read her bible, yo. She knows what JAH wants of HIS people.
Now, the next point is this. RastafarI is a DISCIPLINE of the heart, the body, the mind and the spirit. It is many things, fe sure, and one big one that applies here today is
MOST FOLKS DON'T HAVE MUCH DISCIPLINE
for we are taught from the time of toddlerhood that discipline is to be avoided. We are taught to lie, to cheat, to do whatever to avoid discipline. JAH requires that HIS disciplines and laws and ways be honored and kept by HIS people. So many folks feel the Spirit in their hearts-- they see the face of JAH and desire to be near HIM-- but they are lacking in the ability to selfdiscipline and because of that slackness, they fall away from HIM.
So- ya'll aren't RastafarI. Fine fe you. 90% of the folks on stage this weekend are RastafarI and I am paying I money to see them, to hear them and to register their message. For RastafarI, music is a true livication to InI spirit as InI learn Scripture and culture and values and encouragement, etc. And ya'll trying to cramp the vibes! Fire!!
You can cut the lyrics and hold fast to the one drop. Go off.......but ya missing it, kids.
So if ya don't know.....now ya know
GG
June 15, 2004 03:33PM
Thank you for the message and lesson Sis April. Now this is the kind of reasoning I'm talking about...to get an understanding of the way of things. If I had to identify myself (however reluctantly) I'd have to say I'm a 'Christian' but not a rasta. However, I also come to listen to the messages of the performers because I strongly believe in those messages of one love, unity and the like. What you write about people lacking discipline is so true...I lack discipline just as every human being on this planet. We all are lacking to certain degrees. And that's what I think is important to remember (difficult as that may be at times). Many people really do want to be near HIM but everyone draws closer at a different speed...some of us it takes a bit longer to undo what we've been doing all our lives. Some of us may never reach the highest level of discipline under the standards of other people. What I think is important though is that many are trying and for each of us to realize that and have compassion. And as with Dezarie and her message, I was receiving loud and clear and out there cheering (as were other 'non-rastas') for what she had to say!

June 15, 2004 03:53PM
Can you truly be Rasta if you are white? This is a genuine question. How do you relate to repatriation of africa? Are hippies the same as rastas minus this one belief? All questions I have, and I am not trying to attack anyones spirituality just asking?
June 15, 2004 04:02PM
All man come from Mother Afrika - Garden of Eden fi true
June 15, 2004 04:05PM
I am not Rasta norcaljahman, but even scientists pretty much agree on this one nowadays.
Sis April
June 15, 2004 05:13PM
Yes I GG, I also hail YESHUA the Messiach......
So RastaFarI has many branches yet one root in JAH.

Remember that InI are called to LET IRON SHARPEN IRON and as Dezarie was saying, I am my brothers keeper. When InI see ones falling a way or living unjustly, and InI know they have a heart for JAH, it is InI response-ability to correct and inform them in loving guidance. This is a discipline that you are held accountable for in the eyes of the Most High. This is Iron sharpening Iron---- though it is not always easy. But I would rather risk offending a man than I Father in Heaven.
But as Yeshua Messiach say "As they have hated me they shall hate you." and that is a good reason why alot of rastaFarI don't entertain the inquisition into InI faith, if ya get I point bredren.
Now hear this, from 1 John 4:18
In love there is no room for fear, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear implies punishment and no one who is afraid has come to perfection in love.

That is some heavy reasoning bredren. All of InI are evolving in love Itinually.........give thanks for the sharpening by FIRE. For fire is of the spirit, and the fruit of the spirit is love.
See how that circles right back 'round again and again and again?
June 15, 2004 06:16PM
Come on Dubguy. Clear answers, not sarcasm please. Why do people insist on dodging legitimate questions? I'm still trying to figure out when everything went from Pan-Africanism to accepting the white man into the faith. Just looking for some real reasoning from real Rastafarians. How hard can that be? Nobody is doubting anyone's faith, just looking to understand.

fourtwentyplenty
pat
June 15, 2004 06:21PM
fourtwentyplenty wrote "I'm still trying to figure out when everything went from Pan-Africanism to accepting the white man into the faith"

is this your "legitmate question"? I'm serious.. not sarcastic
June 15, 2004 06:31PM

> correct and inform them in loving guidance

is that a joke?

who do these stinky hippies think they are?

keep your corrections to yourself. and judge yourself, idiot.

fourtwentyplenty you'll see similar evasive BS behavior in the thread about copy-n--pastafarians. typical.
Sis April
June 15, 2004 06:41PM

Like I said, bro:

"When InI see ones falling a way or living unjustly, and InI know they have a heart for JAH, it is InI response-ability to correct and inform them in loving guidance."

Yes- when InI KNOW THEY HAVE A HEART FOR JAH- which obviously you don't 123, so none of this applies to you. So, just move on and let InI reason in peacity- as it has been before you arrived.
June 15, 2004 06:44PM

first, i'm not your bro.

second, don't talk about me or my heart again.

third, save your suggestions for someone who might consider them.
GG
June 15, 2004 06:47PM
Sis April....quick correction...I too am sistren. On message boards with my gender-unspecific names I get taken for bredren often....kinda funny! Thank you again for your message though....it is difficult to stand up for your beliefs especially when it is in trying to make others understand folly and realize consciousness. It's a daily struggle with me and it is only with age that I begin to speak up more when I see something wrong...it is true, the older you get, the less you care what others think. And it is always a delicate thing to 'sharpen by fire' without making people feel alienated. My point with that being that we should be careful of how we allow ourselves to be perceived in order to keep the communication, reasoning and understanding open. That is why I had questioned SisMenenI's statement since it allowed me to perpetuate my perception that many rastas are snobs (please excuse me...just a honest perception and no offense meant).

Fourtwentyplenty, your questions are legitimate and I'm supposing you haven't gotten an answer only because no one here has that answer. I've read a few articles on the subject and also have not come to any conclusions. My suggestion my friend would be to 'google' it because I bet you could find some good information.

June 15, 2004 07:10PM
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just point something out. Like I said - I'm not Rasta so I cannot answer that question, I was just trying to show a different angle to the question... keep it irie you guys!
pat
June 15, 2004 07:12PM
so I guess this is the "legitmate question" : "I'm still trying to figure out when everything went from Pan-Africanism to accepting the white man into the faith"

well, as people mentioned earlier, the cradle of humanity is africa. so why wouldn't every human be able to relate with "repatriation" ?

as far as "accepting the white man into the faith" question.. is there or has there ever existed a "guidelines of rasta faith" book that said white men are not allowed? I dont really know, but I would doubt it. if there exists sucha book, then I guess I'm wrong. however, if you learn "rasta faith" by the teaching and speeches of Haile Selassie I, you will learn that skin color is of no more significance than eye color.

June 15, 2004 08:26PM
When Marcus Garvey made his predictions did he have the white man in mind? I see that "Rastas" and "Hippies" are pretty close in they way they live, what they ingest, anti system thoughts and trying to live within nature but they differ when it comes to Selassie. Rastas believing he is a messiah and hippies not. As far as believing Selassie as a messiah, it is hard for me to understand how a white/non-black would relate to these claims. To answer your question pat, I feel not every person would relate to "repatriation" because not every person was forced to leave their homeland as slaves. Pretty different set of circumstances. I have asked for some logical explanations regarding the connection of Rasta and Selassie and have recieved some bible passages in response, but with no words to relate the passages to the events and people. Is there different levels of Rastafarianism, because there seems to be a big difference between the ones in the hills of JA and the ones driving the shool buses at the Festivals (both Reggae and Non) and the ones with the Red/Gold/Green wristbands . Rasta and Hippies have more in common than not. Gotta go fire drill
pat
June 15, 2004 09:06PM
respect!
norcaljahman.. you said "Rastas believing he is a messiah and hippies not. As far as believing Selassie as a messiah, it is hard for me to understand how a white/non-black would relate to these claims."

are you saying that you find it hard how a non-black person could view selassie as the messiah?
then, would you also find it hard to understand non-white people viewing christ (who as we all know is vastly portrayed as a white man) as the messiah?

you also said "Is there different levels of Rastafarianism, because there seems to be a big difference between the ones in the hills of JA and the ones driving the shool buses at the Festivals (both Reggae and Non) and the ones with the Red/Gold/Green wristbands . Rasta and Hippies have more in common than not"

as some people view rasta not as a religion, but a lifestyle... I think we could also say the same for "Hippy" that is... clearly hippy is not a religion, but it could be viewed as a lifestyle. hehe right? i dont know why that just sounds funny...
anyways, if we see hippy as a lifestyle, I ask a similar question that you asked.. aand that is.. (instead of Is there different levels of Rastafarianism) "are there different levels of "hippyism?" I think the answer would be yes. there are different levels of everything.. just like all rastas dont look the same.. neither do all hippies. have you ever seen hippies in alabama? I have.. (hehehe)well, they are way different then the hippies in oregon ...
I dont know, if that helps answer your question... I'm just typin out my thouhghts before I get out of this stupid office...
and that time is now...
peace!

Sis April
June 15, 2004 09:14PM
Pardon I Sistren GG---
Yes , I agree that InI need to make Iselves palatable to others to further the potential for reasoning. I see the I's point.
As for the question regarding 'white' people in RastafarI movement... there is a blessed bredren that is a Nyabinghi elder and is anglo- from northern Europe I believe. He is an ELDER= a decision maker and prophetic voice among the movement and is highly regarded in the RastaFarI world. Ras Bongo- google that.
There are many houses in the mansion that RasTaFarI is. Some uphold Yeshua the Christ as Messiah and others see His Majesty as the same spirit of Yeshua, returned in flesh. All of these beliefs are upheld and verifiable Scripturally, that is were the frustration comes in. For this is not at all an 'exclusive' movement. It is written. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church is ancient, before the pope, and RastaFarI is born of and within it.
All one has to do is read up ya bible. It is an ancient history that is still unfolding according to Incient prophecy. It is a simple message and it is an Iternal message. As in the beginning so in the end.
June 15, 2004 11:29PM
Sis April,
You are one of the most knowledgable souls on the message board. It is my understanding that Rasta is a lifestyle and more a way of living. I heard true Rasta are vegetarians and do not drink alcohol or is it correct to even say "true rasta" for if one is true to his heart and beliefs are they not true?
Can you explain the difference between Niabyngi and Bobo Rasta?
I feel more like a Raggamuffin. I believe in the messages of Unity, Peace, One Love, Jesus, and I believe Haile Selassie I, to be a very great teacher and a modern day prophet but not as the Messiah. I drink alcohol and eat meat. Does this make me unrighteous? I am white does this outcast me as well?

Also, i feel trapped in Babylon and evil all around me. I tried once to escape society and was unsuccessful. I lived in a tent until I was 6 months pregnant and was working full-time and once more I am a slave to society so that I may support my child. How do people survive (especially in California) without a decent paying steady job(more than 15/hour)? I want to be free but don't know how.
How do you survive? (hopefully this is not to personal) You seem so blessed with Iformation, overstanding and good vibes. I see you will be travelling in a bus with others. Can you give a sista a word up? If I have overwelmed you perhaps we can reason at the festival.
Searching for answers,
Sanae
June 16, 2004 03:32AM
Thank you for the responses. I'm not here to fight, just understand.
June 16, 2004 06:58AM
HAIL Sis April! Ises Sistren. Give thanks for the I's response to one's confusion over what I had written. Everything in perfection. RasTafarI.

"We have always been religious, ever since childhood, ever since the day our father, Ras Makonnen, taught us the commandment of Our Lord the Creator. But we don't consider our religion alone valid and have granted the people the freedom to observe any religion they please." Words of HIM Haile Sellassie I.

First of all, Rastafari is no joke thing.. it's no marijuana smoking-"one love"- dreadlocked thing. Yes, all are aspects of the culture. When I see women prancing around with long dreadlocks, fairy wings and no clothes on.. I am insulted that InI covenant with the ALMIGHTY is exploited like so. I am not in charge of what others do with their bodies, but would that same person wear a muslim scarf over their head with no clothes on but some fairy wings?? Rastafari must be respected as highly as any other spiritual movement.

GG said "I get the impression that rastas are snobs....like they carry themselves as if they are better than others and the humility is absent. This is only my perception but it just gets reaffirmed when I read statements like the above." Rastas carry themselves as royalty, InI must humble ourselves within our confidence, and fear of JAH only. Yes you may get a "snob" vibe from Rastafari if you are searching for acceptance. Scripture will tell you, know thyself. As I am seeing many ones on this board are coming from experiences of seeking acceptance and not feeling it given from Rastas they have dealt with.

Rastafari begins with AFRICA first. Haile Sellassie the first came to sit upon the throne in this time as the King of Kings, Christ in His Kingly character.. show InI that the Imperial order dwells within. He fulfilled scripture and points to the bible, points to Yahushua Ha Mashiak for the righteous way of LOVE. Now, given the name RasTafarI, ones must look to the King with the name that the "movement" started with to realeyez what this is all about. Abundance of speeches are easily accessed through [www.jah-rastafari.com]. He speaks against racial prejudice numerously throughout His speeches.
Some of His Speeches that touch on this subject:
[www.jah-rastafari.com]
[www.jah-rastafari.com]
and everyone knows the "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes.. there's a war" tune of Bob Marleys.. well those are the exact words of His Imperial Majesty, that entire song is His speech. Still, in no way am I trying to take away from the reality of the black struggle and the seriousness of Africa's suffering in this time, which plays an integral part in Rastafari. The importance of Africa's healing can also be found in His Majesty's speeches.

My apologies for writing such a long post.. and I did not mean to offend anyone in my previous ones.. but seek within and ye shall find. Rastafari is a serious thing, LIFE for some of InI. So when it is tossed around like a fashion thing, it hits a deeply sensitive place. There is much work InI put in for the upliftment of Africa and Her people as well as the reality of the times.
Respect to all those seeking... Give thanks.

Blessed Love
June 16, 2004 07:19AM
Thank you SisMenenI!!!!
jbwelda
June 16, 2004 07:56AM
among other points:

>well those are the exact words of His Imperial Majesty,

well no, actually not. he spoke in amheric before the united nations, not in english. and bob marley adapted his words, didnt plagerize them.

i and i say:

if you love jah, set a better example.

that means lower the preaching and raise up the doing. its easy to talk, its harder to live up to that talk.

one love
jah bill
June 16, 2004 09:27AM
Well, actually yes... those are the words of His Majesty.. no matter the language, the meaning is one and the same. AND yes, you are right, Bob Marley adopted those words.. did I imply otherwise?

"its easy to talk, its harder to live up to that talk." -- Yes and it's easier to shoot down the messanger than listen to the message.. I'm no preacher.. where I can be, I try to be a noble teacher.. humbley. Ras TafarI is my guide and light. AND more truth: if you love Jah, set a better example... yes, by your works ye shall get your pay, show love so others can know love... as love is the only solution.

Blessed
June 16, 2004 09:35AM
I thought I was the only one up still. I can't sleep. Too giddy about leaving today. This always happens to me. It's like when you have a plane flight the next day, but you can't sleep because of the anticipation.
Sis April
June 16, 2004 03:54PM
Blessed Love
Sistren MenenI coming strong with the Iducation and resources for furtherance of knowledge.
Holy Alpha I and Omega I
dirtweed
June 16, 2004 04:25PM
sismeneni - so dreadlocks are for rastas only?? did you know that the aborigines of australia (they are not rastas) have worn dreadlocks since recorded history? i am sure there are others too. when you "see women prancing around with long dreadlocks.... i am insulted..." why do rastas care so much about what others do? the people dancing with "fairy wings and no clothes on" (i missed that part) are just enjoying their moment. i have no problem with you rastas complaining about what people do as long as you do not broadcast it and make it a public issue. stop worrying about what others are doing. don't be so nosy. let others live their lives as they wish, just as you are doing.
jbwelda
June 16, 2004 04:34PM
>>well those are the exact words of His Imperial Majesty,

again, actually no, those are by your own admission not the "exact words".

>AND yes, you are right, Bob Marley adopted those words.. did I imply otherwise?

no you didnt imply otherwise, you stated otherwise.

im glad we got that settled. have a great time at the feast!

one love
jah bill
linguist
never look a gift horse in the mouth
June 16, 2004 04:41PM
June 16, 2004 04:55PM
Dreadlocks are from creation... The Sadus of India are holy men, grow their covenant as well. The BayeFalls of Senegal grow their covenant. Does that mean that people who are wearing this symbol of a covenant as a fashion thing shouldn't be something to care about? Like I said, would someone wear Muslim paraphanalea like so? I'm not about to get into a reasoning with ones who are not willing to come with an open heart because that will only perpetuate more confusion.

And Bill.. I don't see why you're trying to fight down the word of Sellassie I. What is your point? Like I said, the message is one and the same.

RasTafarI
linguist
June 16, 2004 05:00PM

> I'm not about to get into a reasoning with ones who are not willing to come with an open heart

yes, more classic false-rasta bullshit.

this is the oldest of weak argument forms. really what you say is this:

"if you don't agree with me, you must not get it."

well i get it. i don't think you get it.

as jb points out, barking is the easy part. when are you going to bite?

for example, what's keeping you here? why haven't you left for africa yet? why are you typing on a "babylon-system" computer? do you use a rasta internet connection?
dirtweed
June 16, 2004 05:18PM
sismeneni - it is a "symbol of a covenant" only to rastas. to others it is just how they wear their hair. it appears as if rastas adopted dreadlocks into their culture and now want exclusive rights to it. please let others live as they wish.
June 16, 2004 05:28PM
I agree with that there is a "better than thou" attitude shown by some rastas, especially white rastas. I, being a white female in my late 30's, and having attended the festival for the past 3 years have often felt as though because I don't fit the mold of a hippie or a rasta, my presence is questioned. It is the spirituality and truth in the music that brought me the the "vibes". We, no matter what God we believe in are all the same. Whatever religion speaks to you and feels nearest your heart is what you should follow, whether it be Christianity, Ras Tafarian, Buddhist, or Muslim. So long as the message is love compassion and unity why does it matter? There are problems all over the world, in America, Africa, Europe, the Middle East...It's time to stop dividing ourselves and live as ONE!!
pat
June 16, 2004 05:29PM
"long distance I call JAH upon I blood cell phone"
vaughn. 'rasta to the bone' midnite
GG
June 16, 2004 05:58PM
SisMenenI wrote: "Rastas carry themselves as royalty, InI must humble ourselves within our confidence, and fear of JAH only. Yes you may get a "snob" vibe from Rastafari if you are searching for acceptance. Scripture will tell you, know thyself. As I am seeing many ones on this board are coming from experiences of seeking acceptance and not feeling it given from Rastas they have dealt with."

So does this mean that if I walk around with a self-righteous attitude I too can be accepted by the rastas? With what I perceive from you and others into the practice, I have no desire to have your acceptance. Our Creator is the only acceptance I need...similar to what you state. And everyone SHOULD carry themselves as royalty, rasta or not. This is not exclusive....Jah, God, the Creator is inside us all. Of course, not everyone yet recognizes this. The typical 'American' rasta attitude is very uninviting and if you close yourself off to anyone but your kind, your message will never get across. And if you choose to only reason with people who do as you do, you are limiting what is possible between humans. The attitude displayed by most rastas is very disheartening....much like a high school clique where if you weren't a part of the popular group, you just had no business trying to be friendly with them. I have dreadlocks for personal reasons and a large part of that is to show people that just because you have dreads, you do not have to go around acting pompous. I'm out to show people that dreads do not mean unapproachable. However, I also would never be one to 'prance around' in fairy wings nude. But those women will find themselves when they need to and it's not up to me to judge in the meantime. So, if that's what you choose, you can continue to stand in your little exclusive groups at festivals, looking down your noses at all the heathens before you. It just makes me sad when any interaction is cut off like that. I could go on and on with this but I think I've gone on enough...
linguist
June 16, 2004 06:03PM

yes GG you are straight-on correct with all that. steph was right too with

> that there is a "better than thou" attitude shown by some rastas, especially white rastas

more reason to know the copy-n-pastafarian kooks on this board do not represent rasta or other rastas... in fact they misrepresent it which is more reason why i wish they would attach themselves to some other kind of music.

i love reggae and idiots like these work against reggae music.
dirtweed
June 16, 2004 06:19PM
linguist (your link is hilarious) - would you include jahmeek and sismeneni in the copy-n-pastafarians? just wondering because i think they (and others with similar messages) do represent rasta. i find it odd that none of the rasta responded to sister sanae who asked if, by eating meat and drinking alcohol, she is unrighteous. don't like fussin and fightin but also don't like over-bearing religious zealots.
linguist
June 16, 2004 06:23PM

dirtsman i'd rather just say i agree with this

> don't like fussin and fightin but also don't like over-bearing religious zealots
Sis April
June 16, 2004 08:32PM
Just FYI there are some mighty and true Rastahearts on this board and I am quite sure there are plenty of the cut&paste as you call them as well.
Dirtweed, I would love to respond to the question of alcohol and meat. First- please see that I am a mother of 2 and a busy wombman and I don't have the TIME to sit at the computer to type out the 'ruleguide' of RasTaFarI introduction for every new person as they request it. Those questions are the easy ones- basic, seen. Google it, learn it and come seeking questions with a least a little bit of overstanding. Conversation is supposed to be entertaining both ways. Seen.
Now- the thing to know is that a man needs to do what he says he will do. If a man say he will be there at 2pm he needs to be there at 2pm. All of we can agree on that. If a man comes unto the Most High and dedicates his heart, his work, his offering, etc to HIM than he needs to follow through.
There are many glories to the Most High but one reason a man chooses to follow HIM is because the I is guaranteed a kingship of his own one day. See, all this is found in your bible. Why does a man praise JAH??? Because HE is worthy of it, seen. But also because our Father in Heaven is a loving and gracious G-D. He blesses those who bless HIM- seen? So when InI do right in JAH sight and follow the ordinanaces and precepts that are taught in the Holy Scriptures InI start to see a change in Isleves in all kinds of ways. The heart, the perception, the desire of the heart, the belief system, the values. All these things get opened- like opening the chakras. See when the I sight HIM and follow the ways learned and followed by InI ancient lineage for centuries-- ways like abstaining from deadflesh, alcohol, etc. InI see that those blessings flow more intensely. For InI living fleshly bodies are the temple of the Living G-D JAH RasTaFarI and that Spirit can not dwell in unclean places.
So one seeking the face of JAH can, if the I desires, to surrender the desires of the flesh in exchange of drawing nearer to HIM. Meat tastes good- it is a sacrifice to give up. Alcohol feels good- it is a sacrifce to give up. So ones that partake of them are not WRONG- but if they were seeking to TRULY KNOW JAH and to come to an overstanding of what HE desires of them then they would give up the meat and the alcohold IN THE EFFORT to draw nearer to HIm. Seen?
So again---- if a man makes a commitment to his Father in Heaven to abstain from earthly pleasures in some ways than the Father blesses the man. So if a man says hes going to do something- he needs to keep that commitment. Which is were the whole Iron sharpens Iron thing comes in. When you KNOW and I has a heart for JAH and he is living wrongly, it is InI responsibility to lovingly guide InI bredren in the right- to uphold the commitment the man made before.
Seen?
Hope that is of some help
Much love Itinually from a RastaHeart heavy with JAHspirit
Sis April Joseph I
June 16, 2004 09:17PM
Sis April,

With all do respect sistern I have seen many of your postings and was very intrigued by your answers and felt guided by Jah's spirit to ask you to reason.

Dirtweed only reiterated my questions. From your last answer, it seems as if it is a burden for you to teach which is in contradiction to many of your postings.

How do you go from:
"Dirtweed, I would love to respond to the question of alcohol and meat. First- please see that I am a mother of 2 and a busy wombman and I don't have the TIME to sit at the computer to type out the 'ruleguide' of RasTaFarI introduction for every new person as they request it. Those questions are the easy ones- basic, seen. Google it, learn it and come seeking questions with a least a little bit of overstanding. Conversation is supposed to be entertaining both ways. Seen."

To:
"When you KNOW and I has a heart for JAH and he is living wrongly, it is InI responsibility to lovingly guide InI bredren in the right- to uphold the commitment the man made before"

I have many questions that Google can not answer for me. I too am a mother, student and full-time professional and know the value of time. I am sure as many others are grateful for the knowledge spread thru these boards however if it is a burden for you to respond just don't do it. Please do not do it begrudgingly. Perhaps you have only time for educated, dedicated rastas and not Jahpeople seeking to be so. Of course I could have totally missed your point. Hope your day is blessed and Jah eases your load.
Much Respect As Always
Soul Searching Sista
Sis April
June 16, 2004 11:56PM
Sistren you must see that I did take the time to address the I's valid questions- and in lovingness and a fullness I came unto thee. When dirtweed posts a "rasta avoidance" statement like he did--- what, one hour passed in between the time the I asked and I came forward with an answer?
That is not avoidance at all.....how can the man expect everyone in cyberspace to be 100% available 100% of the time for inquisition???
Anyhow- sanae, in humility I tell thee that you seem very on the fence..seeking some info on rastafari yet shooting the messenger, as the blessed Sistren MenenI called you on.
Maybe the I should take a moment to reflect on the generosity shown you and give a thanks for it. It doesn't matter to I if you choose RasTaFarI trod=---- but ya could show a little grace.
June 17, 2004 12:10AM
Sis April

I disagree with you. I was not shooting the messanger, the messanger shot me! I was respectful and gracious.
I was seeking information more than whats on google. Interesting how you tell us to use a "babylon system" to research rastafarism when I asked for human reasoning.
I do show grace and give thanks for all given to me.I have done nothing but been curious.
How can you post that you are a messanger and that it is your duty to inform the people and to guide then to right, then tell someone seeking info: "It doesn't matter to I if you choose RasTaFarI trod" That takes nerve. How high do you think of yourself? I am afraid this is the extreme fundamentalist attitude which limits people and the one I do my best to avoid in I- life.

So inhumility I tell you Perhaps you should show humility and get off your Rasta High Horse Empress. I had looked forward to stopping by and reasoning with you but I suppose you have it all figured out and have no care for those who still suffer and seek for answer.

I apologize to all for any negative vibes. I should have realized this is not the place for true reasoning.
sisterlil
June 17, 2004 12:14AM
Sister April,
My hair is not dreaded, but i still wrap my hair in respect of H.I.M.. I respect your thoughts on this.. I work everyday to live more ital in respect of H.I.M...
Sis April
June 17, 2004 01:20AM
Sanae- I gave the human reasoning. There are plenty of upful sistren the I is welcome to reason with if desired. But as you know- your relationship with JAH is not dependant upon I. That is what I mean when I say it matters not to I.....
I am not sure who the messenger was or who 'shot' you sistren. If it was I let I know.
Like I said- I have approached you in lovingspirit and wether you choose to accept or refuse is up to you. Not I. Call it fundamentalism but you should really check that word sound.
Anyhow- if ya want human reasoning you should take what ya get and PRAY on it. RasTaFarI is not revealed in an hour long conversation.
And the internet can be used most upfully for Internal wiseon and discipline. Truly, the I would do well to research on the internet regarding RasTaFarI and HIS words, HIS precepts and HIS Incient lineage.
I keep telling you- Sighting JAH in fullness is up to you. That is not a pretty little package I can hand you. Sorry for ya disappointment. If ya keep firm in your defensiveness and expectations of instant gratitude regarding JAH RasTaFarI the Most High ya will never, ever evolve.
June 17, 2004 02:11AM
....this is why I'm a buddhist.=-)

om mani padme hummmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,
Sista Sanae
June 17, 2004 04:24AM
Thank you sis April for your point of view.
Have an irie time at the festival.
jbwelda
June 17, 2004 04:24AM
>I don't see why you're trying to fight down the word of Sellassie I.

its Selassie I

thanks again and see you at the feast!

one love
jah bill
pat
June 17, 2004 03:53PM
where is the linguist when we need him?
although "selassie" is the more commonly used spelling, his name is written with amharic characters, so there could be various ways to spell it in our language tongue sticking out smiley

one love!
June 17, 2004 04:47PM
Greetings Ones and Ones on the board:
I pray that all the I's pay very close attention to the St. Croix crew. Those artists are the most enlightening message of Rastafari in this time... if you have questions, the may be answered with their word sound.

Only more love...
dirtweed
June 17, 2004 05:02PM
sister april - your replies to sister sanae are more rasta gibberish (sorry to stir the pot but i gotta call you on it). YOU are the one who said to sister sanae(and i quote) "...seeking some info on rastafari yet shooting the messenger". you then post "not sure who the messenger is or who shot you..". so who is the messenger you are referring to? you brought it up and then act as if you don't know what others are talking about. again, anytime anyone disagrees with you rastas it gets turned around in a maze of gibberish. and you still have not answered a simple question (far from an "inquisition" or is that rasta for simple question) put to you yet you have found the time in your busy schedule to post lines and lines of ???.
all nice words but the meaning gets lost when overbearing pride and arrogance show through. maybe others don't want to know but i would like to find out and if, when you respond to my post and slam me for questioning you, you can tell me if eating meat and using alcohol make one unrighteous (you can go ahead and use the rasta term "heathen" if it is so). sorry for a rather negative post so close to festival (ONE DAY) but maybe if questions put to rastas were answered with respect (something which rastas seem to demand for themselves) i wouldn't come back so often.
GG
June 17, 2004 05:25PM
On Sis April's behalf...I find her words a lot more inviting, inspiring and informational than some of the other responses. I do believe she is humbly sharing her knowledge with us....that is the problem when you cannot see people and only read what they are saying...it's easy to misunderstand or misinterpret how it was intended to come across. Give the sister a break huh? At least I get the feeling from her that she would be someone I could approach and talk to without getting looks like I'm a crazy baldhead.
Sis April
June 17, 2004 05:37PM
Dirtweed I wrote 4 paragraphs for you regarding alcohol and meat and unrighteousness. Does it make you UNrighteous? Does it help you become more righteous? It is all a matter of your commitments and covenants with JAH.
So- read it again. I did answer you the best I could.
Also- I believe the first 'messenger' comments were in regard to Sis MenenI-- I could be worng but that is why I asked if it was I.
Anyway- Nothing but love for all of you and yes, if you are seeking more RastDoctrine so to speak- St Croix crew is the way to go
I'm off to the festy- Much love
pat
June 17, 2004 05:38PM
greetings... I have one simple question..
who is sis april (or anyone for that matter) to be the one answering the question? "I drink alcohol and eat meat. Does this make me unrighteous? I am white does this outcast me as well? "
I was surprised to see the question asked in the first place...
to me it seems this is a question one needs to ask the higher power. anything else would just be the next man/wombmans opinion... is that all you are looking for? an opinion if you are righteous or not if you eat meat or drink?
well if so, I'll give you mine.
what you eat or drink does not make you a good or bad person.... I think what makes you a good or bad person is intentions, your actions towards others, towards our environment, your role in your family, self discipline, willing to accept others, willing to teach, and to learn, etc.. love for humanity and all creation... ( I am not trying to be cheezy here) all I'm sayin is the question just seems kind of silly to me. do you think righteousness is determined on how much meat you eat, or alcohol u consume? I dont really. although it may be a factor, good and evil cannot be determined by alchohol and meat...

no disrespect to anyone ion this post. love to all!
this is just my humble opionion. I think if you seriously are concerned with this question, then you should ask it to yourself.... and to the most high.

un amor

4 real.. bigup dezarie ikhaba and all st. croix breaking through with so much talent and sharing it with the world.
June 17, 2004 05:57PM
Pat - I think you misunderstood. I don't think I am unrighteous or bad/good because I eat meat and drink nor do I think that of anyone else
. I was wondering what the general consensus was to others in regards to being rasta and eating meat/drinking practices.

I really was looking for individual points of view. Every person has a different interpretation of Rasta and I love hearing different points of view. Explanation of Bobo Rasta and Nyabngi Rasta. I am a curious being. Opinions they are like assholes everyone has them and maybe I am ******* for being interested in hearing anothers.

My ONLY INTENTION ON THIS BOARD WAS TO REASON AND LEARN.
I was always taught and believe no question is stupid or silly.

I think GG was correct when she said it is easy to be misunderstood when typing on a message board. I apologize greatly for any misunderstanding.

I don't need anyone to package Jah and Rasta into a neat little package for me. I don't need you to write me a book just share your beliefs and be open to mind.
Reasoning ya know.
Yes, I know that " RasTaFarI is not revealed in an hour long conversation."
Does that mean we should not converse for an hour?
June 17, 2004 06:20PM
I trully hope all of you have a blessed time at the festival. Yes, Sis April even you, especially you and yes I know it matters not to thee. I am very excited because I know da vibes will be lively. I-brations will be even brighter.

Life is a circle and I have found that is where I meet most people.

Don't be fooled by simple questions or appearance.
One never knows but Jah does.
I know I just look like this.
I am going with open heart and mind.
Wishing all safe journeys.

Much Respect & Much More Love ForIver,
Sanae

ONE, Fever
dirtweed
June 17, 2004 06:39PM
thank you sister april for you response. i was not asking about meat/alcohol for myself, i was only noting that no direct answer was (or has been) ever given when question was first asked.
and to pat - "who is sister april..." sister april is rasta and sister april is the one who has been providing relatively clear responses to questions regarding rasta. no one is asking her to pass judgement, just asking for info. thanks for your opinion but what was really wanted was an answer based on rasta philosophy. sister april - have fun at new melones tonight. its gonna be a great festival...
pat
June 17, 2004 07:14PM
I guess I did misunderstand... all i was saying .. that with a question of that nature, how can anyone answer it?
check the question: "I drink alcohol and eat meat. Does this make me unrighteous? I am white does this outcast me as well? "

(please correct me anyone if I'm wrong) with regards to rasta and alcohol and meat.. as sis april said, it would depend on ones commitments and covenants with JAH. if one takes the vow of the nazarite, numbers 6, they would abstain from both meat and alcohol... so if one had previosly taken this vow, they would be breaking the covenant.... which I guess, therefore would be "unrighteous"

as I said.. you can get an opinion from anyone. but which human in this world has the power to correctly answer that question? how do you prove any anwer to this question to be correct? or wrong? what is righteousness??

thats all I'm screamin.. and you all are right, this board is about learning, resaoning, seeing perspectives of other people...
no disrespect to sis april. in fact, I too appreciate her thoughts very muchwinking smiley

sis sanae, I am sorry if I made your question look silly. that was not my intention at all. and I agree with you 100%, no question is stupid.

respect.

June 17, 2004 07:41PM
Thank you Pat for your words. I have taken them to heart and glad we can agree on some points:

Really just looking for perspective not for the "correct answer." Really, I was trying to get a feel for the board and from particular members of the board.
I am very independent, in that I make up my own mind and have my own special relationship with Jah.

Maybe it should have been, I drink alcohol and eat meat. Does this make me unrighteous in your eyes or in the eyes of Rasta? What are your beliefs? Does this differ from one group to the next? Perhaps if I worded it that way it wouldn't seem so silly of a question.
Some Rasta may look at others who eat meat as "unrighteous." just wondering the concensus. In part for myself and in part for any others who may be afraid to ask the board because of the type of "what are you stupid, go ask Jah" answers they may receive. I bet a lot of people who are first timers to the festival or new to Rasta have same questions. I believe Jah answers my prayers by directing my path, may it be to Iperson with the words I need to hear.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not to thy own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge HIM and he shall direct thy path.

Now when you site Nazarite, number 6 vow, we are getting really close to what I really wanted and that is the explanation of Bobo Rasta and Nyabngi and Nazarite the different roots of it all. Perhaps you can expand?

Believe InI actually know a few Rastamen and women and have received so many views, that i like to keep collecting new views. I have read Haile Selassie I Speaches, read the bible, read literature online. I have read RasTaFarI and HIS words, HIS precepts and HIS Incient lineage I am not an expert but I know more than some. Some of the concepts are tricky for me and need further explaination.
No Matter What:
Give thanks for this beautiful day!
Much Love and Respect,
Sanae
pat
June 17, 2004 08:06PM
sis sanae said
"No Matter What:
Give thanks for this beautiful day!" Truly!

and "Now when you site Nazarite, number 6 vow, we are getting really close to what I really wanted and that is the explanation of Bobo Rasta and Nyabngi and Nazarite the different roots of it all. Perhaps you can expand"

from what I know, rasta is rooted in the vow of the nazarite
I think that all rastas (whether bobo, binghi, 12 tribes, etc...) each individually hold their own respective covenants with the creator. that is what it is all about, IMHO ... I think we get caught up too much with technicalities sometimes... like for instance.. I have seen binghi elders drinking a guiness. I have also seen "rastas" abstaining from grapes for certain biblical passages... what about a "rasta" smoking a cigartte? or eating fish?

who cares? every human makes their own choices...

to me, all that sh*% is irrelevant... so what, the person is no longer a "rasta" cuz they had a sip of beer? uh oh, he ate a grape! all this technical BS gets in the way of progression.
your question was not at all stupid. look at the raesoning it brought up... and it appears that sis april said it nicley with "It is all a matter of your commitments and covenants with JAH."

one luv. u all have a great festival!

June 17, 2004 08:10PM
Thank you Pat all very true and Sis April did put it nicely with "its is all a matter of your cmmitments and covenants with JAH."
Peace
jjlab3
June 17, 2004 10:41PM
I can't wait to see Dezarie and Ikahba for the first time.

Sorry to get back to the music.
June 17, 2004 11:01PM
True dat. I have heard so much I can't wait. Only 1 more hour till I get to leave. YaY!!
Re:
June 24, 2004 10:52AM
Sis April
June 24, 2004 03:10PM
Blessed Love-
Just wanted to say thanks to Pat who seems to overs pretty well what I intentions were as I was writing. The I is so right.
Let I also say that since this discussion was going on before the festival I took a special notice at to what other RasTa's were consuming at the festival and I talked with many I's about it. And ya know what I learned????
It is those of us grown up in American and some European cultures that were taught of religion as a 'rule guide' in all kinds of way. We need to know what the rules are before we can agree to take on this religion, seen! Well RasTaFarI has many, many mansions (meaning different 'churches' so to speak). Kind of like the baptists, the lutheran--- well their all Christian but they are different, right? The BoBoShanti are very very disciplined. I can tell you that the BoBo elders burn big fyah on reggae festivals and reggae music. They burn fyah on Bob Marley and call the I a heathen. So I am doubting many BoBo were at the festival....so none of you got to witness that branch of RasTaFarI.
But I point here is that RasTaFarI is a very 'disorganized' religion when compared to say, the Mormon Church. RasTaFarI belives that each man will be standing in front of JAH all alone, on that day of judgement and that InI need to learn to become Kings and Queens on this earth to prepare for I kingships in heaven under the direction of JAH on day. You could liken it to going to the store....any store you gotta shop then stand in line and them make sure you pay the right amount, etc. A RasTaFarI shop would be empty of men and ya would drop your money in the bucket on the way out. Seen. I know this is all figurative and I hope its not gibberish as dirtweed call it----but really. Every man is accountable for leaving the proper 'payment' so to speak. RasTaFarI man doesn't feel the need to oversee that on your behalf, or the behalf of JAH even. JAH knows what ya leave in the bucket. It matters not to RasTaFarI bredren. That is between you and JAH. Ya ask I to help you fill the bucket?? InI right there. Seen.
Back to the festival- family, I saw so many RasTaFarI bredren eating up salmon, especially. Lots of RasTaFarI follow the old Torah laws, including I. I am not vegetarian. I do eat fish and do so gratefully. I do not eat pork or shellfish....and I keep dietary rules according to the feasts (no yeast for a time, etc). But that is just I and it doesn't matter to any other person on the earth but I. When under the vow of the Nazarite there is a very outlined covenenant. If you took the oath and then forsake it-- that is on you. That's not about meat or alcohol but about you and your ability to discipline yourself enough to keep your promise to JAH. Seen? But even the Nazarite vow has clauses for fullfillment.
June 24, 2004 04:56PM
True dat!
Sis April have you taken a nazarite vow?
If so what is the clause for fullfillment. Is it like a break from the rules?
Please if you have time expand on that aspect. Bless.
Sis April
June 24, 2004 07:31PM
When one is undertaking the Nazarite Vow, as found in Numbers 6 of the Holy Bible, one is choosing to seperate from the world and unto the Most High. Scripture says that both men and women can take this vow. It is often called the Vow of the One Seperate.
One is seperating from
-wine and fermented drink
-alcohol
-grapes, raisins, grapejuice, grapeseed extract, all things from the vine
-vinegar
Other laws are
-no razor shall come upon thy head for all the days of the covenant
-let the locks of his hair grow long, for thy covenant is upon thy head
-Not to go near a dead person. Not even if it's your mother, wife, brother, etc.
-If by surprise someone dies near you, you must fullfill the offerings (all fire offerings) unto JAH and shave your head on the seventh day. The locks are burnt by fire. The covenant is complete.

Remember Samson was a Nazarite and his mother was instructed before his birth to keep him from meat, alcohol and not shave his head. Therefore alot of bredren that take the vow incorporate abstainence from meat into the vow. Many, many biblical historical figures were Nazarites. This is what they mean when they say "The Rastaman that you see is from the ancients of days." Seen!
As for I sistren, yes I have taken the vow twice. I am a midwife, you see, and so I vow came fulfilled not once but twice, while working in the hospital setting. That's a whole other story, fe sure, but I am not under the vow at this time.
June 24, 2004 09:11PM
Sis April,
I see. very imformative. I appreciate your time and words.
When you say "i vow came fulfilled not once but twice" what does that mean?
Can you fullfill the vow?
What does it mean to fullfill the vow?
I know since the festival i feel motivated for more learning and changes.
Sis April
June 24, 2004 09:23PM
Because Sistren Sanae,
I have been present during the deaths of 2 babies in I work as a midwife- the first was a dear sistren of I that had a still birth in the hospital, premature at 30 weeks and the next was I own youth in I womb, whom passed and I had to give birth anyhow. So if a Nazarite comes in vicinity of a dead person, he is to follow the rites set forth in Numbers 6 and fulfill his vow. Then the I is released from the vow of the Seperate One and is able to partake of wine, of kosher meats, etc.
Some of the I's they use JAHerb as a burnt sacrifice in the stead of meat and rams and lambs, what not. That is still a personal livication.
I will take the vow again when JAH calls I forward. I am a lockswombman but not a full Nazarite. Ya see... I am hoping for another youthman soon.
Blessed Light of JAH
June 24, 2004 10:19PM
Sis April

I appreciate you sharing your personal experience with I.
I can overstand fullfilling now.
I am saddened to hear you lost a youth after caring for so long.
Are you expecting?
If you have a personal email I just have a few more questions, if you have the time or willingness.
I apprecilove your effort and grace.
Much Respect,
Sanae
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login