Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peace and Love

Posted by Ras the Builder 
Ras the Builder
Peace and Love
February 17, 2006 04:43PM
Peace, love, respect, sunshine, happiness...

... And nothing controversial.
jb welda
Re: Peace and Love
February 17, 2006 04:59PM
not nothing controversial:

[www.snwmf.com]

just no bs from sh*t stirrers please.

one love
jah bill
Ras the Builder
February 17, 2006 05:04PM
Due to a lack of concentration skills, I've failed to get past the 1st 4 lines of that thread Bill.
February 17, 2006 05:08PM
So it has to be sensationalistic AND short to please you.
Better stick to the headlines of Weekly World News or maybe USA Today.
Ras the Builder
February 17, 2006 05:32PM
The Sunday Sport
News on the World
February 17, 2006 05:35PM
meditation helps build concentration. And tolerance.
Ras the Builder
February 17, 2006 05:44PM
meditation helps build concentration. And tolerance.RasCaliWolf wrote:

> meditation helps build concentration. And tolerance.

It also has the side effect of turning you into a hippy unfortunately
February 17, 2006 05:48PM
Or into Steven Seagal...
Ras the Builder
February 17, 2006 05:49PM
Stamina! wrote:

> Or into Steven Seagal...

Haha!
February 17, 2006 05:57PM
Unless you consider Steven Seagal a hippy...
in which case, I'll tell him you said so.
Ras the Builder
February 17, 2006 06:10PM
Everyone in California is a hippy... Except Arnie.
February 17, 2006 06:30PM
And everyone in New Zealand is a leprechaun...except the occasional Maori.

February 17, 2006 06:49PM
Yer buddy Arnie used to smoke nuff weed.
February 17, 2006 06:55PM
It's true, we're all hippies in California. Here's a picture someone took of all of us california members of this board expressing their individuality to the groovy sounds of Michael Franti and Phish

Post Edited (02-17-06 19:03)

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
February 17, 2006 07:03PM
lol Ras James...

Except, did you have to put Franti in the same line as phish? :-P

February 17, 2006 07:05PM
dude, that's like, negative vibes and stuff. Quit distorting my postive reality with your negative vibes man smiling smiley

skeezix
February 17, 2006 07:46PM
My root has awakened!!!!!!

February 17, 2006 07:47PM
So what's wrong with being a hippy????Do you not think maybe more people should embrace an earth friendly lifestyle and be concerned with world peace? Maybe that starts at home with every little thing you think, feel and do.Like a vegetarian diet, saying no to pharmaceuticals, toxic poisons and chemicals. What happened to conflict resolution, finding common ground and saying no to war?You can call it One Love people if you don't like the term hippy. It's all about compassion and staying human and keeping it real....keep the faith.....
kyndgrl myspace.com/kyndgrl
February 17, 2006 07:50PM
dude, that's like, negative vibes and stuff. Quit distorting my postive reality with your negative vibes man smiling smiley

~Seen Rasta!!
February 17, 2006 08:13PM
"So what's wrong with being a hippy????Do you not think maybe more people should embrace an earth friendly lifestyle and be concerned with world peace? "

For me personally, it's that the "hippy" ethics conflict with my ideals. For instance, in my experience, a lot of people who would consider themselves "hippies" basically do drugs and live off of other people. In some situations I have been in, it has seemed some "hippies" have decided that personal property is to be "shared" (i.e, taken for them instead of the person who worked to obtain whatever the property is). Then if you come from the Rasta perspective, there's things like free love and uncleanlyness that just don't work with Rasta. I try to refrain from making blatant statements though, since I know some people who consider themselves hippies who have always respected the property of others, don't live off other people, maintain cleanliness, and don't disrespect everyone around them at events. I try to form my opinions based on someone's actions, not a particular title. Peace

February 17, 2006 08:39PM
I presume Ras James that you favor reparations, since it was the african slaves who "worked hard" so that americans europeans could "obtain whatever the property is", as you defined private property. Also Ras Builder, I know plenty of Rastas (or shall I say "people who would consider themselves" Rasta) that practice meditation, in conjuction with the study of scripture.

Is it also possible that there are those who are hippies that are clean and monogomous? And those that are Rasta that are essentially polygamous and a little unkempt?
Kel-I Bubbler
February 17, 2006 09:53PM
Peace and love , Peace and love
Peace and love Nyah bring fe you
Peace and love
February 19, 2006 09:05AM
A few thoughts about "hippies" and reggae, in the hippies' defense....

1. Without hippies, NO ONE WOULD HAVE COMPUTERS AND INTERNET. It is a known fact that it was the hippies that created these things, even the ones working for the military. If you don't like hippies, than don't use the internet.

2. Without hippies, WHERE WOULD REGGAE ARTISTS GET THEIR MONEY?! There just simply isn't enough Rasta people and non-hippy reggae people in the scene to support the artists. Careful not to bite the hand that feeds you.

3. Without hippies we wouldn't have the cute little girls in peasant dresses at the reggae fests and shows! ;-)

4. For the Rastas who say hippies smell...well, I would be willing to bet that the Binghi in the hills of JA DON'T USE DEODERANT EITHER.

5. The most important one...

"See me in the moment and you're passing judgement
How does that make you feel?
See me in the moment and you're passing judgement
I don't like it and that's for real
Does it make you feel good?
Does it make you feel fine?
Despising some one you've never seen before this time?
Judge not lest you be judged..."
-Garnett Silk

February 19, 2006 09:10AM
"For instance, in my experience, a lot of people who would consider themselves "hippies" basically do drugs and live off of other people."

Ras James - I think you are referring more to capitalism than hippies (except maybe the part about drugs). Capitalism ---> Let someone else to all the labouring while you reap the windfall profits of their hard work
February 19, 2006 09:24AM
Util you get a comb, you are a hippy Ras James. If you are not doing drugs, how can you listen to the Angels. I need acid with my fenton.. Peace
February 19, 2006 09:56AM
It's been posted on here before, but the main difference between a hippy & rasta, besides skin colour, is a long hot bath.

February 19, 2006 10:04AM
"For the Rastas who say hippies smell...well, I would be willing to bet that the Binghi in the hills of JA DON'T USE DEODERANT EITHER."
you'd lose that bet, J72. Rastas are some of the cleanest people you will ever meet.

February 19, 2006 10:07AM
There's no black hippies? There's no white Rastas?

Stereotypes defintiely make us feel more comfortable in our ignorance.

February 19, 2006 10:10AM
So are you saying that Binghi up in the hills use deoderant?

And are you also implying that all hippies don't take baths?

Ignorance is bliss I suppose....

February 19, 2006 10:10AM
Speaking generally of course; your stereotypes regarding "Binghi in the hills" no different.

February 19, 2006 10:12AM
Buy one-way ticket for all these self-proclaimed White Rastas, and let's see if even 10 percent are willing to practise what they preach by leaving the luxuries of America permanently.

February 19, 2006 10:16AM
Well, do serious Binghis up in the hills use dedoderant or not? Wouldn't that be babylon?

And yes, there are many white Rastas who do many works in Africa and here in the US and Europe, New Zealand etc...don't kid yourself. Also, to many Rasta, technology and material development are just as important than spiritual/natural development. Haile Selassie I spoke of a balance between both.

Post Edited (02-19-06 10:18)
February 19, 2006 10:28AM

"1. Without hippies, NO ONE WOULD HAVE COMPUTERS AND INTERNET. It is a known fact that it was the hippies that created these things, even the ones working for the military. If you don't like hippies, than don't use the internet."

I don't know enough about this one to say weather it's true or not. Besides, everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet smiling smiley

"2. Without hippies, WHERE WOULD REGGAE ARTISTS GET THEIR MONEY?! There just simply isn't enough Rasta people and non-hippy reggae people in the scene to support the artists. Careful not to bite the hand that feeds you."

J_72 is pretty much on point there. People who would consider themselves "hippies" tend to be the biggest buyers of reggae music.

"4. For the Rastas who say hippies smell...well, I would be willing to bet that the Binghi in the hills of JA DON'T USE DEODERANT EITHER."
Maybe not the stuff you've got down at your local market, but even the "binghi in the hills" is very clean. As the old saying goes "Cleanliness is next to godliness"

Overally, I think I stated my opinion earlier that really, dealing with the whole titles thing is pointless. If someone's actions are good, I don't really care what they call themselves. Cause when it all comes down to it, it pretty much comes to treating people around you with respect

February 19, 2006 10:36AM
"Util you get a comb, you are a hippy Ras James. If you are not doing drugs, how can you listen to the Angels. I need acid with my fenton.. Peace"

I've known a fair amount of dreads from JA and elsewhere in the Carribean that wouldn't hesitate to beat the **** out of you if you called them hippies over not combing.

As for the reason I can listen to certain music and not do drugs, is cause it isn't drug music. If you actually listened to anything they were saying, you know their not promoting drugs at all. It's music that's essentially God-consciousness in every respect.

February 19, 2006 10:38AM
Good answer James...don't mind me today...I'm a bit cranky this morning.

February 19, 2006 01:21PM

You are God ... your people have angered you greatly,
and deserve to be punished. Punish away, oh Great One...

[www.armegalo.com]
February 19, 2006 01:46PM
Right about the drugs thing James. But you don't really know someone until you've worked hard for them & then go for your pay. How they treat you at that time will show you whether or not they live up to all their words of righteousness. That's why I continue to work with the reggae artists who treat me upfully, while there are plenty of others who haven't lived up in their dealings with me to their onstage lyrics or offstage promises, with whom I shun any musical or business contact...this is true whether someone's a socalled rasta or socalled hippie...

and speaking of hippies and reggae...
riffy
February 19, 2006 04:59PM
who wuzzit dat say, "don't vex, just cool"? it fits the times. too much vex, not enough cool.

Zoki needs a raise
February 19, 2006 07:32PM
"Well, do serious Binghis up in the hills use dedoderant or not? Wouldn't that be babylon? "
well that one is not even worthy of a response, but there are many ways to smell fresh which were around long before Babylon's invention of Speed Stick.

February 19, 2006 09:20PM
Not worthy of a response? Are you a snob or some thing?

Why is "fresh" good and our natural God-given smell bad? Who determined this?

February 19, 2006 09:54PM
LOL

February 19, 2006 10:16PM
So what's your answer Mr. Funny Guy?

riffy
February 19, 2006 10:42PM
This thread is wack...halarious...and full of sh*^.

Babylon has since long ago fostered the idea of "divide and conquer". Is this not an old "war("a word men use to cloak the nakedness of their killing"winking smiley" strategy to deplete the opposers of power through division and subversion of the mass? Why must we divide and exclude? Furthermore I do not suggest that we ignore reasoning and the exchange of opinions. May I suggest rather that even more exchange of ideas occur to enhance the greater conscience.

Some people don't like the "fresh" smell. Some people do. We can all get along. There's no need to create walls. The mind should be inclusive not exclusive.

Riffy
February 19, 2006 11:48PM
Eloquent Riffy.
February 20, 2006 12:16PM
Sometimes all I can do is laugh...

riffy
February 20, 2006 12:27PM
one of da best ting fi yah
February 20, 2006 12:28PM
ya know? still the best medicine. big up J72 for that...

February 20, 2006 02:01PM
Chimono, I am not here to make you laugh. I asked a honest question: when in human history did we decide that our natural body odor is undesirable? Instead of laughing at me, maybe you should take a stab at it? Again, I am not here for your entertainment, cool?

February 20, 2006 02:17PM
When the majority started bathing daily or close to it. Bad B.O. can ruin any occasion, especially one indoors.
February 20, 2006 02:34PM
I agree. I use deoderant, and I bath daily.

I also got to thinking, we are fortunate enough to have access to clean water and soap, when many are not, and, in many cultures deoderant is just not used, and when these particular people come here to the US, we automatically judge them...as in we are "fresh" and they are not. See where I am getting at??? Is this just cultural bias?

Also, Reggae is listened to in these other cultures that do not use deoderant and they wish they had a reggae festival as fine as SNWMF! (got to keep it on topic)

don julio
February 20, 2006 06:53PM
what does being clean have to do with supressing your natural odor? do you use anti perspirant too? is it "clean" to supress the natural functions of your body?
personally - i prefer the natural odor of a clean, healthy person to the fake smell of some chemical deodorant. I think the natural smell of a girl is much more pleasing than any man made perfume.

February 20, 2006 07:18PM
just a thought here, don't mean to start any arguments but....
many gay people put a great emphasis on being "clean" and dousing themselves with their special fragrances.i think this may be their way to draw attention to themselves, and for the benefit of those who don't have good gay-dar.
IMHO the worst smelling people are (generally) those who over-indulge in the perfumes and fragrances they wear (especially patchouli).

for some, it may be a good idea to get off this board for a while and check out a psychiatric site to help determine why they feel this way.

February 20, 2006 09:03PM
Hi J72, I don't have an answer to your question, as I wasn't alive then....but it seems rather apparent it is part of human nature, as instinctual as seeking shelter and clothing for ourselves. If you notice, every other mammal (as well as many other creatures, such as birds) make bathing a part of their daily routine.

don julio
February 21, 2006 07:35AM
what does using deodorant have to do with bathing? Theres a difference between masking your smell and taking showers.
personally - if some blue stick of urinal cake smelling deodorant stick touched the sensitive skin of my underarm - i would feel compelled to bathe right away and get that foul stuff off.

February 21, 2006 07:53AM
So for those who don't use deoderant, if you bath in the morning, do you have bo by night?

Or do you have to use more water for more baths?

Isn't that what I was aking about? B.O. and people's seeming dislike of it here on this forum?

Got Yabby playing right now.....

McNugget
February 21, 2006 08:31AM
One of my armpits is more prone to odour than the other, yet both receive exactly the same attention during my daily cleansing routine. Any ideas?
ROB
February 21, 2006 10:05AM
I think bad B.O. comes alot with what type of diet you have. For instance if you drink alot of alchohol or eat alot of curry it all comes out of your pores at the end of the day.....................................My 2 cents................ROB
The man
February 21, 2006 11:44AM
Peace And Love

Peace and love, peace and love
Peace and love

Peace and love, peace and love
Peace and love

If your father won’t come
If your father won’t come
Peace and love

If your mother don’t come
If your mother don’t come
Peace and love

If your brother won’t come
If your brother won’t come
Peace and love

If your sister won’t come
If your sister won’t come
Peace and love

And if the whole word won’t come
If the whole world won’t come
Peace and love
Ras the Builder
February 21, 2006 12:01PM
The Man - Is it why you don't like Sherwood? You're a hippy and I believe AMS once said - "Never trust a hippy"

Hahaha!
February 21, 2006 06:10PM
February 23, 2006 05:18PM
riffy wrote:

> who wuzzit dat say, "don't vex, just cool"?

Horsemouth (speaking to his wife) in "Rockers".

Peace,
-RV
February 23, 2006 05:20PM
Ras James wrote:

>
> I don't know enough about this one to say weather it's true or
> not. Besides, everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet smiling smiley
>

Al Gore, king of the hippies when he was at Yale.

Peace,
-RV
February 23, 2006 05:23PM
True, but he was busy inventing the internet while bush was making the honor roll smiling smiley

February 23, 2006 05:33PM
The internet was all about share-ware before corporate mentality took over.

-----------------------

riffy
February 23, 2006 11:42PM
J_72,

why do you pay AOL for cryin out loud? get away from dem, quick! run, fast and far.

riffy
February 24, 2006 07:04AM
Riffy

I've been with aol for many years...just habit I guess. I like the seperate screen names for me, my wife and daughters, and the kids aol features with parental control, etc.

Also,the few times I couldn't afford billing for the month, they gave me a couple months free.

-----------------------------------------

w
March 23, 2006 12:53PM
lol.to
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login