Door $12 Limited $7 Presale tickets at www.collectiv.com
Full Bar, 21+ w/ID – Music Starts at 9pm
2232 Martin Luther King Jr. Way in Oakland
www.IslandSoundRecords.com
myspace.com/IslandSoundRecords
510-759-1930

Re: Rankin Scroo and Binghi Ghost Live
February 18, 2006 08:57PM
Interesting...I may pass thru that one to support the local talent.

BG
February 19, 2006 12:13PM
BIG UP YOUR STATUS MI BREDDA CHIMINO, BUP!BUP!BUP!

(THE BAND IS SOUNDING SOOOOOOOO SIIIIIIIIIIICK-CANT WAIT!)
February 19, 2006 12:43PM
Big ups to man like Rankin' Scroo...sing, chant, play every instrument, mix, produce...wha him cyaan do?
February 20, 2006 03:02PM
you can check some of their new sounds at:

www.myspace.com/rankinscroo
(tracks "Above Dem" and "Lurkin" are off the hook!!)

www.myspace.com/binghighost
(chek "ohhh noo" feat. Ras Attitude)

www.myspace.com/islandsoundrecords
("Gone Astray" BG, Rankin and abba yahudda)

and soon...www.islandsoundrecords.com
March 09, 2006 10:32AM
a wHa Mi Do!
March 09, 2006 10:43AM
is wha?
No offense but I've known Scroo many years...
I guess I still need to see/hear what you can do...
March 09, 2006 11:03AM
ohhhhhhh Stamina mi breddrin, "a wha mi do" is me just bumping this thread for getting more eyes to see it. Wasn't a question directed at you. If you want to "see/hear" what i can do, there is the 1st BG album that you can get, and if yu need reviews or sound clips you can get them here:
[cdbaby.com]
The 2nd BG album, coming forward soon is a BOOOOM compilation of myself, along with ras attitude, al pancho, turbulence, jack radics, Kalongi, and many others..and you can expect that in April, 06.
There is also the new DASVIBES promotions release called 'Gloria Riddim' that both Rankin Scroo & myself are on that is making waves worldwide.....and i agree with your above statement, the man is a musical force, plays instruments, vocal coaching, big singer/chanter, engineer, you name it.

**bottom line, if you havent heard anything yet, you will...i not going anywhere.
March 09, 2006 11:12AM
Best of luck with that show, should be a massive one.

Speaking of musical works, you get my message on myspace about saturday? Lemme know, if you didn't get it I can resend. Jah Bless

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
March 09, 2006 01:31PM
wish i could go and support- been lovin Rankin Scroo sounds for years and am interested to hear some live Binghi Ghost chattin on tha mic- but I'll be skiing in Wyoming- be back next week...
---peaces---
BG
March 16, 2006 03:01PM
come out and support. it'll be a good show, I PROMISE you that!

bless ,
BG
V DOSIA
March 16, 2006 08:12PM
Ranking Scroo 'the california gangster'... who also appears on alubums such as E40, kead the sneak, KEEPING IT REAL WITH ALL THE BAY AREA RAPPERS!!!! i love it ...........YADIDIMEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V DOSIA
March 16, 2006 08:18PM
Might i add Ranking Scroo is one of the hosts on project groundation #19? with lutan fyah..which is some serious knock!!! all you people should go out and buy that mix.....and as for project groundation #20 which all material provided by Sizzla...dont even get me started!!! purest vibes!!! oh my god that is insane!!!! much respect to Ranking Scroo, Lutan fyah, Project groundation and Sizzla!!! would love to see them all at sierra but not going to get my hopes up at the rate the artists look now!!!!!
March 17, 2006 07:45AM
BIG UP THE OAKLAND, BERKELEY, AND BAY AREA MASSIVE. ALSO CHECK WORKS FROM ORGANIZED ELEMENTS -MUSIC BY UP AND COMING NIGHTSHADE. THESE CATS HAVE AN IRIE NEW DUB ALBUM FEATURING WADI GAD ON DRUMS MIXXED BY SCIENTIST TITLED ''NIGHTSHADE MEETS SCIENTIST''. THIS NEW ALBUM IS SOLD @ ERNIE B'S AND ALSO AMOEBA RECORDS AND RASPUTIN'S MUSIC FOR THE FOLK ON THE NORTH COAST! RASPECT AND BIG UP BINGHI FOR THE LATEST AND GREATEST WORKS. JAH GUIDE AND PROTECT ITINUALLY! STREET SCHOLAR'S RECORDS, P.G.M., CHILD, AND LUSTRE KING!
BG
March 17, 2006 08:25AM
MOSIAHIGH777,
bless up....
that nightshade work is MASSIVE. the 2nd release w/ all the different artists voicing on it will be even bigger, looking forward to that soon.
BG
March 17, 2006 01:58PM
March 17, 2006 02:10PM
Nice poster, but a date might be the type of useful information to include on there in the future....
BG
March 17, 2006 02:22PM
jb welda
March 17, 2006 02:41PM
how long has rankin scroo been living in jamaica now?

one love
jah bill
BG
March 17, 2006 02:50PM
Jah Bill,
he is in the bay area.
March 17, 2006 02:53PM
BG, ROOTSPECT ITINUALLY AND IWARD EVERMORE WITH THE UPFULL AND CONSCIOUS WORD'S, SOUND, AND POWER! YES IDREN!! CAN'T WAIT TO SAMPLE FRESH SELECTIONS, LOVE THE 'STREET HITS' AND I HAVE BEEN RUNNING THE SOUNDS FOR PEOPLE DOWN HERE IN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY AND THE MASSIVE WANT MORE, POSITIVE NEWS AND CONTINUE TO BE THE SPRING OF JAH WORKS. ONE LOVE
March 18, 2006 12:58PM
March 18, 2006 01:04PM
Wish I could be there, but will be at Blakes on wednesday. Jah Bless

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
March 19, 2006 07:16PM
Great time at the 2232 MLK last nite. Thanks to Binghi Ghost and Ranking Ghost for bringing the message. Sorry so few people in the house. The artists/ musicians carried it forward for us. Liked that space, near downtown Oakland. Notice the club is in the Star Line building? Star Line Janitorial Supplies store on the bottom. Just add the R and Marcus would be proud. I bet the connection was made by the namers originally or at least hope. Will look for more reggae there.
Stevo
March 19, 2006 08:19PM
Yes indeed, nice venue. I was there for maybe half of Ranking Scroo's set. He did tear it up. Sorry BG, we missed you there, but hopefully soon will get to check the vibes live. I spoke with your drummer briefly. He said it went well. I like the guy's hair!
-Stevo
BG
March 20, 2006 08:35AM
Yes Malcolm, Stevo,
thanks for coming out, wasnt the most crowded of shows, but during our set the crowd was sure into it, thanks to everybody who made an appearance....
I think about 120 people ended up passing thru the doors, not the greatest turnout, but hey, such is life...all you can do is keep pushing it until it pops off.
Big raspek DeeCee, 900+! sounds BOOOOOOM.
yes I malcolm, black star line is an old business in that area, bigging up marcus in the name for sure.....

bless up, all crew..
bg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login