Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When does the Dancehall start jumping?

Posted by Spliff Smoker 
When does the Dancehall start jumping?
June 14, 2004 10:05AM
last year I went in the dancehall an hour after the show and there was no one in there. I always hear about someone showing up and putting on a killer show. When does it get going?
jb welda
Re: When does the Dancehall start jumping?
June 14, 2004 11:16AM
huh? maybe sunday night this was so but it was going till 3am on friday and sat nights as i recall.

one love
jah bill
June 14, 2004 11:21AM
There's tunes being played in there during some acts too... I have no idea when it starts...
TR-808
June 14, 2004 11:28AM

> There's tunes being played in there during some acts too

no.. not since the first year. closed during the day now.
June 14, 2004 11:32AM
Okay - guess I just assumed the same last time. At least now you know you're not going to miss any action in there...niceness!

Soon come!
TR-808
June 14, 2004 11:33AM

nice one dubguy.

by the way, don't forget to check KZFR this Wednesday night -- 7:30 -10:00..

Boomshot back in the mix and i think Sanjay will be there too.
June 14, 2004 11:40AM
Thanks TR-808...had forgotton bout that. Isn't Sanjay Jay from Irie Vibrations? I seem to recall that link...
TR-808
June 14, 2004 11:43AM

> Jay from Irie Vibrations?

if you mean that band from back to like '90 or so then no, that would be Boomshot who went on to play for Cornerstone

Sanjay only DJs
June 14, 2004 11:47AM
Cornerstone yes - and Levi Jr. - what became of them? I'll tune into Sanjay and give it a listen. Big up TR.
jb welda
June 14, 2004 11:49AM
>Sanjay only DJs

and knows every cute gal in town.

one love
jah bill
TR-808
June 14, 2004 11:54AM

Levi is still doing it, only in Sac area where he lives now. he'll probably be at the show, although i don't know for sure since we haven't talked lately
June 14, 2004 12:03PM
Ah - glad Levi is still doing his ting. I was back down in SC mountains for many years - when I came back the reggae scene I remembered had complety vanished - kinda sad... okay - nuff sadness - time for JOY!
June 14, 2004 12:10PM
Of course I could quit being an idiot and meet some of the current scene..obviously you are in (or near) Chico TR - we should link up sometime for a brew or something - send me an e-mail if you up for it..
jjlab3
June 14, 2004 12:17PM
I have not seen Sanjay in years. I hope I run into him at the show. Brining my wife to the show this year. We met in Duffy's about 10 years ago.
TR-808
June 14, 2004 12:20PM

check for him in the mix before IsVibes on Saturday
TR-808
June 14, 2004 12:21PM

dubguy you can always catch me here:

> KZFR this Wednesday night -- 7:30 -10:00..

as for reggae in Chico it has been tough.. venues are the biggest hurdle right now

working on it though
June 14, 2004 12:47PM
What I meant was when does the thing get jumping? I have read here on the post board and heard things like Mr. Vegas, Brigadier Jerry, and other big name acts have come in just for the dancehall. When does this part get started? As I said, I have gone in there like an hour after the mainstage headliner is over and there are only a few people if any in there. Then the next day I hear Vegas showed up and stuff. If someone has gone there before and experienced this let me know what the deal is.
June 14, 2004 01:21PM
the dancehall runs from 9:30-3am on friday and sat night.
jb welda
June 14, 2004 03:37PM
i dont know what the deal was the year of the vegas fiasco but the past couple years things start happening around midnight in the dancehall. last year mighty crown came on slightly before that and sturgav with u roy and briggy started up around 12:30 or 1am. when youre done at the main stage just come up there and if it aint happening yet, check back in 15

one love
jah bill
June 15, 2004 03:01PM
What is the dancehall scene like? Is it more of a rave like some of the campsite parties, or is it better? I heard Vegas wasn't that great. I heard he went into a rant about a tech situation; I have also heard he did this at rotr. Is he that way?
pale ryder
June 15, 2004 03:56PM
Yeah spliff, I saw him at rotr in 01, and he was yelling "turn up the mic", and then he called the crowd san francisco several times, he basically got booed off stage. I didnt care cause everton blender came on afterwards, pure niceness...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login