Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RASTAFRI READY FOR THE BATTON TO BE PASSED?

RASTAFRI READY FOR THE BATTON TO BE PASSED?
February 22, 2006 06:08PM
ILABLESS... IN THE NAME OF THE IVINE KING OR KINGS HAILE SELASSIE I:

WHEN I POST THESE POST ANYWHERE WHERE REAL RASTA IS I ..POST AS RASTAFARI!!!!!!!!!
NOT AS A YARDY ,YANKEY,HATIAN OR ISLANDER ...I POST AS A DAWTA OF RASTA FARI!!!!!!!! FROM WITHIN THE NYABINGHI HOUSE,,NOT POSTING FOR THE HOUSE IN MIAMI FLORIDA .. BUT FOR I, I DO HAVE A VOICE OF I OWN!!!!!

I AM SIGHTING THAT THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE TEACHING OF THIS VERY ILAFULL LIVITY ...THAT IS BEING MARRED AND SCARRED BY A LOT OF ONES WEARIN AND GROWING LOCKS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE CARRYING ON THIER HEADS !!!!!!!!! GAY-LESBIANS -KILLERS-HARDDRUG DEALERS-ALL THESE A MORE NOW CAN HAVE THE IDIODASITY TO PUT ON LOCKS!

THEY HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THE STRUGGLES AREND HAVE BEEN FOR RASTAFARI ..HOW MANY DEAD..HOW MANY KILLED, HOW MANY JAILED,HOW MANY COMMITED TO THE MAD HOUSE...EVEN DIS-OWNED BY FAMILY...

SIGHTING THIS AND NOT BEIN A PART OF THIS WORLD BUT BEING IN THIS WORLD... TO DO THE WORKS OF THE KING OF KING ABBAT EGZIAHBEAR:

I QUEEN OMEGA MENEN TSHAI IZON SELASSIE ...SEZ LISTEN TAKE HEED :
IN RASTA THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE TEACHING AND IF A LOT OF TALKING IS BEING TALKED THEN IT NEEDS TO BE WHILE TEACHING IS GOING ON!!!!

FOR THE RASTA MAN OF OLD TAUGHT AND NOW THESE ONES WITH SO MUCH EDUCATION/RESOUCRES ARE LACKING IN TEACHING AND HAVE NO TIME OR PATIENCE ANY MORE FOR THEIR OTHER RASTAFARIAN FAMILY MEMBERS/OR NON RASTA WHO NEED TO KNOW... EVEN MORE THE WORDS AND THE WORKS ARE LACKING TOO!!!!!

THOSE WITH MONEY DON'T CARE ABOUT NO ONE BUT THIER SELVES AND THIER OWN (VERY FEW WILL FEED YOU LET ALONE GIVE YOU A DOLLAR!!!)

THOSE THAT DO HAILE SELASSIE I BLESS!!!!

WITH THINGS GETTING WORSE INNA CREATION AND IN THIS LIFE WITH THE THIRD WORLD WAR LOOMING LARGER THAN EVER ...AND H.I.M. COMING A REAL DEAL...I CALL

THERE IS A NEXT GENERATION THAT IS ABOUT TO TAKE OVER THE BATTON OF RASTAFARI AS I AND I PASS IT , ARE THEY READY OR NOT ?
HAS LACK OF TEACHING IN THIS LIVITY ...SET A MARK AGAINST THESE RASTA FARI CHILDREN OF THE FUTURE!

I KNOW THAT THE AMOUNT OF ONES WITH LOCKS IS ALARMING AND TO SEE AND KNOW THAT MOST OF THESE ONES LOCKS AND ARE GREATLY DEFILING THIS ILAFULL LIVITY ONCE APON A TIME RASTA WAS PURE AND CLEAN NOT A BUNCH OF OVERRATED EGOTISTIC NAPPY HEADED PEOPLE LIKE IT IS NOW !

WHEN WILL RASTAFARI HANDLE THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND TAKE CARE OF THIER OWN??????

SOME OF THESE ONES THAT HAVE LOCKS AND DON'T HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING AND ALL THIS IS TO THEM IS A JOKE AND A NEW LOOK...
HAS THE NEW RASTA'S LACK IN TEACHING SET A TRAP DOOR THAT MANY ONES WILL FALL THRU THAT DON'T HAVE TOO?!?!?!?!!?

WILL SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK WENT WRONG????!?!??!?

FROM 1981 I BEEN TROODEN WHEN THINGS WERE SWEET ANDS NICE NOW IT IS A BIGGER JOKE THAT NO TEACHING IS TAKING PLACE ONLY EGOS TRIPPING ABOUT THE PLACE !

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR RASTAFARI?!??!?
ARE I AND I TRULY THE BLACK SURVIVERS?!!???
WHAT REALLY WENT WRONG?
HOW IS THIER SOMANY ONES WHO SAY RASTAFARI DON'T KNOW HAILE SELASSIE I IS CHRIST IN HIS KINGLY PERSONA?

I REST THIS KEY SOUND FOR A SECOND...
ANY POST?
QUEEN OMEGA MENEN TSHAI ZION SELASSIE (NYABINGHI HOUSE MIAMI -FLA)

PS. I BEEN WATCHING THEM TRIM !!!! AS OF LATLEY TOO(SO I DIDN'T THINK WOULD TRIM!!!

BETAM AMESEGENALLO ...E'SAT NEGESTI OMEGA
HIGHPRAISE
Re: RASTAFRI READY FOR THE BATTON TO BE PASSED?
February 22, 2006 06:32PM
>"WILL SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK WENT WRONG????!?!??!?<"
February 22, 2006 06:38PM
Sistren, ic still has hope for rastafari livity to Proceed. Are there any upful, current artists that you can give credit to for "teaching", or do you say there is no teaching taking place?

"FROM 1981 I BEEN TROODEN WHEN THINGS WERE SWEET ANDS NICE NOW IT IS A BIGGER JOKE THAT NO TEACHING IS TAKING PLACE ONLY EGOS TRIPPING ABOUT THE PLACE !"
TR-808
February 22, 2006 10:11PM

i can tell that the original post is all true and factual because of the CAPS-LOCK and the excellent punctuation.

awesome.

unfortunately i wasn't able to stay interested enough to read more than about ten words.. but i still give top marks for good form.

--
matt
February 22, 2006 10:39PM
there are other reasons for one to have locks, ask many an indian aescetic and they'll show you thier locks. aulthough i'm not disagreeing with the idea that more teachings need to take place.
also, i've recently been more and more bothered by the ani-gay sentiments of many rasta. i never used to have a problem with it, but i feel like tolerance of other ways of life is one of the major lessons that we are to learn as a species from all this insanity that we live in. there are more shades of gray out there than even the most open minded person would admit to. there's no other way to stop war than tolerance of another people.
SD Roots Fan
February 22, 2006 10:51PM
"WILL SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK WENT WRONG????!?!??!?"
People started hanging out here, instead of reading their scriputres.
Trust in Jah.
February 23, 2006 01:12AM
unu sure seh unu wan baton fi pass? babylon baton gi dreadlocks nuff rassclaat licks from time.
February 23, 2006 03:16AM
Matt-
My friends from India have told me of the locks worn by many Hindu and Buddhist practitioners for thousands of years. I have also seen locks depicted on stelae and drawings when I visited ancient pyramids in Belize and Guatemala. Also- I have seen locks on ancient Egyptian mummies in person. I have also seen locks worn by gang-bangers, death-metal band members and neurotics of all colors. For me, none of that takes anything away from the beautiful, natural, and real locks of a Rasta.

It is ironic that Rasta would emphasize equal rights and justice while advocating the oppression of other groups. I believe this will change with time, perhaps when the "batton is passed."

Empress-nothing has gone wrong. All is as it should be. The path is still the path. The symbols are less important now perhaps. This puts the emphasis on the livity. Live Up Rasta! It is what's inside that counts. Teach the children the truth.
don julio
February 23, 2006 04:58AM
Remeber that no one can diminish the crown of any righteous king or queen, no matter how many people let their hair knot up for reasons that you may not approve of. As for the youth of today, every generation has the many who trod the wide road to destruction and the few that trod the narrow road to life. Their is certainly no lack of teachings that can be blamed for the current state of the world. There are more teachings readily available than any one of us can process in our entire life; scripture, books by learned authors, music by learned people, the people we interact with, nature, world wide web. Rather than flinging stones at the many people you mention in the post, perhaps you ought to share some of these teachings with them.
Nikhill & the BOWcat Passie
February 23, 2006 11:46AM
Hello there, My name is Nikhill and I live in India. I have small dreadlocks but they are hurting my scalp. I need to go to the local barber to have them cut out. I still love Eddy Grants music though so dont get me wrong.

BIG UP all the SNWMF Shottas Dem.

Nikhill and the BOWcat Passie.
February 23, 2006 01:14PM
Can any eyes translate the title MENEN for I it has been heavy on iah mind of late. Also if any eye feels discouraged by the popularity of dread placating go fi bobo turban an squash dem wit mystery. As Jah hola lambsbread gets iyah yah see the yout will step forward inna right livity.
February 23, 2006 01:53PM
February 23, 2006 04:18PM
>THAT IS BEING MARRED AND SCARRED BY A LOT OF ONES WEARIN AND GROWING LOCKS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE CARRYING ON THIER HEADS !!!!!!!!!

maybe my own hair?? funny thing though - i had long hair (not dreads) just because i liked it. no statement inteded (religious, political, hippie, swiss-mountain-patriot or otherwise). but you know what? people try to put you in a certain category, police search you for hash. but at the end of the day it was just my hair and i wore it long so i didn't have bother about styling. just be yourself whatever you wear on your head and whatever people think about you. ease up.
February 23, 2006 04:32PM
I think one of the problems that is being presented in this post is that there are many non-Rasta dreads who, through their obnoxious (dare I say it) hippy behavior, create a bad image for the practicing Rastafarians. This is especially true for the white Rastas who are always cateorized as 'hippies' because of their non-Rasta counter-parts. This is a major phenomenon at California reggae festivals, to the point where I know many Rastas who do not go to SNWMF and ROTR because of it.

If you are a hippy or just natural dread, then don't go around using Rasta or Jamaican patois, or sit there and chant JAH thinking JAH stands for herb. This con-fuses things in a big way.

I hate to sound harsh or close-minded, but if you truly overs what the sister is saying, it holds true.

February 23, 2006 04:43PM
Author: J_72 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 02-23-06 08:32

I think one of the problems that is being presented in this post is that there are many non-Rasta dreads who, through their obnoxious behavior, create a bad image for the practicing Rastafarians.

You mention this in the context of white-hippy rastas, but cannot the same thing not be said of nuff blacks and/or Jamaicans? After all, the 'rent-a-dread" phenomenum was started by black Jamaicans and not white 'hippies' living inna california.
February 23, 2006 05:31PM
Yes. I was only looking at it from my personal experience. But what you say is true. Same could be said for many of the reggae acts that seem to be Rasta but their actions back stage tell otherwise.

-----------------------

Acacia
February 23, 2006 06:08PM
The original poster didn't mention "white dreads". For all we know she could be talking about the young kids who "shake them dreads" and "go dumb" while "ghostriding the whip" at the Eastmont Mall. IMO, it is small-minded to see that as Rasta disrespect. No reason to be offended by the way people wear their hair, for any reason, or for no reason. Perhaps QUEEN OMEGA MENEN TSHAI IZON SELASSIE should take a more worldly perspective.
February 23, 2006 10:40PM
>who dem-slew dem-more fyah*
>forward ever backward nevah!
-RASpects+

-RASpects+
HIGHPRAISE
February 24, 2006 12:09AM
Full time now smiling smiley
kyndgrl myspace.com/kyndgrl
February 24, 2006 06:25AM
"Remeber that no one can diminish the crown of any righteous king or queen, no matter how many people let their hair knot up for reasons that you may not approve of. As for the youth of today, every generation has the many who trod the wide road to destruction and the few that trod the narrow road to life. Their is certainly no lack of teachings that can be blamed for the current state of the world. There are more teachings readily available than any one of us can process in our entire life; scripture, books by learned authors, music by learned people, the people we interact with, nature, world wide web. Rather than flinging stones at the many people you mention in the post, perhaps you ought to share some of these teachings with them."

..respect....we all had to come to H.I.M. somehow or another...Bless~
Wolete
February 26, 2006 07:56AM
Yeah, Miami Rasta Empress--
I too live in Miami and have been to many a segregated, miserable people, gossiping women thru out Isis Miami Nyahbinghi --- 10 yrs ago. Nyahbinghi is not Haile Selassie's livity. It is the Orthodox faith and culture that HIS Majesty defends and stands for..... not a Rasta man who created the Nyahbinghi handbook, that "stricktly forbids the mixing of nuts (ie races) " None of those people really supported each other and got along. I saw Nyahbinghi fight the Othodox movement in Miami ... physically!!!!
Dont get me wrong as far as knowledge about His Majesty's life and contributions and holding it for Jah on Holadays...Yeah, Nyahbinghi is there, the elders were there at the inception of the movement. But stop the posing as if Nyahbinghi is about love and teaching HIS Imperial Majesty's ways to all, if you are black and preferably from the Islands maybe.

His Majesty is the Defender of the Holy Orthodox faith and livity.
All those who love HIM need their new name and their seal.
Gather my sons and daughters.................
Many are called and few are chosen, but I would rather be with the faith of my father, Jah Rastafari, (which comes from ancient times.) Bless Nyahbinghi for their holding it for Jah.
But dont make it seem like you are willing to teach and accept all. It was black Jamaican Orthodox Rasta who tried to show the ways of the church to the MIami crew, but it fell on aggressive ears.
All praise to HIS Imperial Majesty, Emporer Haile Selassie the first, King of King and Lord of Lords and the defender of the true faith.
Bless.........
ps Menen is His Majesty's wife's name.
humboldt native
February 26, 2006 07:00PM
if you want locks wear them...if you believe in what you believe..go with it...ya dont have to preach it to others keep it to yourself...its like someone telling you how your diet should be....but in return, im quite sure rasta did not put a copyright on dreads and what they stand for..if anything we should all credit the caveman ORIGINAL DREAD and tribal savages, meat eaten who cares attitude.and to the original poster...you know you are full of hate,and should work on your spirituality with others cause you sound like a shallow bigot nazi lovin close minded freak....smoke some good marijuana not none of that polluted crap your mind is clouded with that was grown by haters...... long live love for everyone
February 26, 2006 07:43PM
Typcial humboldt native...one love dude...smoke weed man....

-----------------------------

February 26, 2006 07:45PM
wolete are u caucasian?

---------------------------------------------

February 27, 2006 04:15AM
<<<<<you know you are full of hate,and should work on your spirituality with others cause you sound like a shallow bigot nazi lovin close minded freak....>>>

You need a good kick in the ass (or/and some educational books) to wake you up a bit Mr. Humboldt Man.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wolete
February 27, 2006 08:38AM
Yes Bredren I am a light skinned woman, who has been in this trod for many years, I did'nt grow locks because I had a Kingman, or because I was a hippie. I did live in Santa Cruz and worked professionally for 3 yrs until I could not handle the dirty Rainbow-tafari business and wanted to be around real Rasta people. But then I only knew of Nyabinghi so I checked it out, for a good couple of years. All that I saw was internal fighting and a group of hundreds of Binghi Rasta who had a house, then land and all that exists is a small group that is cohesive -- no house, no land.. I was not given vibes at Binghi, but if it happened I know that it is due to hundreds and hundreds of years of racism, slavery and African descent people being treated like second class citizens; it is not hatred for you it is hatred for the system.. which is the f'ed up white power system that created the vibes in the first place for us to be having this discussion.
I am not a black girl wanna be, I am who I am, I represent Rasta to those who see me, and most white people don't want to hear what I have to say. Because they can dismiss a black person fighting for African freedom to bitterness and black misconception (according to them- you know the powers that be..), but a white woman... I must just be a wanna be...NO bredren, I stand for truth and rights of all people. Racism is alive and strong and Im not with it... I stand with HIS Imperial Majesty at all times. No matter who wants to see my face.
My response to the post was due to my experiences with Nyahbinghi.... I am not a Nyahbinghi Rasta, they really dont want to see light skinned faces and that is OK -- it is their movement. I am an Orthodox Rasta woman and this will never change -- HIS Majesty is love the church is love....
Rastafari live and reign forever. We all need to be in the struggle because if Africa's not free we are all not free. The vibes on this site have been such a turn off that my kingman and family are not making the trod.
So to all who love Rasta..... Haile Selassie I bless.
The man
February 27, 2006 12:49PM
Daniel says, "After all, the 'rent-a-dread" phenomenum was started by black Jamaicans and not white 'hippies' living inna California."

Indeed not Dan. The Californians were probably the last people to come to Ras Tafari. I was wearing ites, gold and green in London in 1974; and there were white dreads everywhere in England by the end of the decade. Then there were French, Finnish, German, Australian, New Zealand Maori, Nigerian, Indonesian and Irish Rasses. As usual, the USA was the last to discover it and now make out they started it.

Observer
don julio
February 27, 2006 03:45PM

you guys, check out my spanking new dreadies

jb welda
February 27, 2006 05:22PM
observer has not been to california much less jamaica, hence the lack of contextual content in his last post.

but i guess he is saying he is the original rent a dread.

one love
jah bill
humboldt native
February 27, 2006 05:54PM
j 72 im not directing anything towards you just the original poster...and for your info im chinese and have dreadlocks and was educated at university of california davis, and was a co director of black family week...so dont tell me u a-hole....plus how can someone be so full of hate towards a group and claim one love.....oh i forgot u all follow jah bush and ras cheney...CAUSE THAT IS WHAT it sound like...hating gays puttin them in the same catagorey as murders c,mon ...so J 72 im not a white hippie nor do i claim rasta...but my family is budist so are you going to insult me now and try to kick me in the ass huh redwoodmonk@hotmail.com...i just want to know how someone like you cannot understand my opinion on someone elses hate....huh mr.monk...i loved the reggae music for 15 years ,now but am turned off by much of the culture...specifically the hate for certain groups and the judgement of people and of those YOU dont know...LIKE I SAID THE CAVE WERE THE ONES WHO STARTED THE DREADLOCK....THE ONLY THING THEY HATED WAS GETTING STEPPED ON BY DINOSAURS......so in other words lighten up.
February 27, 2006 09:34PM
Humboldt Man I was being sarcastic about the kick in the ass and books, because your obscene words and hot temper (are you sure you're Buddhist?), both towards me and Queen make you sound ignorant, imo.

Since you know my hotmail email, you can email me privately for further reasonings if you would like.

-------------------------------

humboldt native
February 28, 2006 11:35PM
no im not buddhist...i said most of my family is, my mother is filipino and wanted me to go catholic...but i didnt like to go church as a kid so i really claim no religion....as far as you go...i wasnt making any cracks at you,only when you replied to a reply that was to the ORIGINAL poster not YOU...my main concern was if HATE wasnt included, QUEENS views would have been more valid to me and my girlfriend....all i was sayin is leave the hate out of anything........so J 72 do you understand where i stand now...i respect your word and anyothers
February 28, 2006 11:40PM
Nothing but LOVE humboldt native...would like to know more about you growing up Chinese, Phillipino, Buddhist, and Catholic...email me.

----------------------------

matt
March 01, 2006 12:39AM
humboldt native, i agree fully with your issues concerning the inconsistancies in rasta. but you truly are fighting hate with hate.
humboldt native
March 01, 2006 02:54AM
i intended my statement to be more sarcastic than hateful...i guess without seeing my expression it did not come across to you that way...if only a computer screen had a face.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login