Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

**Home Invasion**

Posted by BG 
BG
**Home Invasion**
February 22, 2006 07:43PM
Breddrins, sistrens, whole crew..........this is what happens in a gun crazy world, where police are the gangsters and the victims stand accused:
On Monday, 2.20.06, at 7:52 pm...my wife and 3 yr old son were the victims of a home invasion. The assailants forced their way in after identifying themselves as comcast workers, and immediately pulled out 2 handguns and pushed them in the face of my wife. Our son was watching a dvd in his room and did not see them force her to the floor and tell her "Give us the weed and the money bitch, or we'll @#$%& pop your head." My wife then begged for her life, and the life of our son and unborn child, also pleading with them to leave our son alone and not to let him see the guns.
They didnt heed her pleading and ransacked the house, as if they invaded a drug house or something of the sort. They were spooked enuff by the neighbors pulling into their carport to flee the scene and jump in their get-a-way car, which happened to be spotted leaving the scene by a friend of the family who was on his way to put gas in his car.
I work full time, support both my wife and kids as the sole breadwinner...and do music for fun on the side. I do not sell or have any amount of drugs in my house. I am a professional landscape architect and have a tv show on the HGTV channel called 'Curb Appeal', 6 episodes to be exact. But how do i convince the police that i am what i say i am and not a dopedealer as they immediately accused me of being?? We really need help here, and we are just a family, trying to make it, and instead of listenign to witnesses and going after the criminals while the trail is still hott, they decided to play the angle that i am the reason for this. The polive officer said to me "well obviously its your fault that this happened to your family,because you're a drug dealer. You should be ashamed of yourself for putting your family in harms way and almost getting them killed."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if i was a drugdealer, is this the place to have a pissing contest!??? Didnt the crime just happen like 30 minutes ago? Dont they see my traumatized wife unable to speak for the fact that she is mortified??? And when the man came to give a statement about seeing them flee the scene and what kinda of car they drove all the way down to the color, what did the officers do??? They told him, go outside and wait until we are good & ready to take your statement, all the while continuing to laugh and joke in our livingroom about calls they recieved prior in the day.
After all of this, the one officer was adamant about me being tha cause of this, wasting more time and getting me and everyone on the scene even more angry by continuing to accuse me of being a drugdealer and even saying "i have a mind to bring the drug dog here and search your house" to which i responded that he should do that, in fact, that he should bring 20 drug dogs if he feels it necessary, and waste more time and money on a fruitless endeavor.
To top it all off, when we finally got our things gathered to go drive away, this same officer tried to convince my already distraught wife that he needed to restrain me from going with my family, saying that she didnt need to be put in anymore danger by the likes of me!!! Mind you, this whole time i am a victim here, and continue to be accused of being a drugdealer and the reason for this horrendous crime!!!!!
i am kind of extending some feelers here, not sure about how to handle the unprofessionalism of the el cerrito police dept. yet, want my frustrating and angering story to be shared somehow. we have a lot of rebuilding to do, as a family...and a long road ahead for my wife as far as stabalizing mentally. God forbid my son has been serioulsy affected, but as it is now he seems ok about it, playing and laughing like a regular 3 year old.
please respond after you've read this and maybe you can lead me in other directions related to this story. thank you,
bg
pale ryder
Re: **Home Invasion**
February 22, 2006 07:52PM
First off BG, WOW! I am increadibly sorry that this has happened to you, and I am ashamed that law enforcement treated your family in this way. That is some bull****! Men sailing on their ego trips, it makes me want to by an ICE T album. I know that there is a way to file formal complaints against officers, I am just not sure how to go about that. This situation stinks of dirty cops...Blessings out to your family.....
buttah....
February 22, 2006 08:14PM
BG,
I too am saddened & horrified to learn of the recent events concerning your family. The actions of the police who responded were certainly reprehensible. You should definitely file a formal complaint against the officers. It is unfortunate that they see certain individuals & automatically assume the worst. Beyond that, I would implore you to keep on eye on who's eyes are upon you. For some unknown reason someone had it in their head that you had mass quantities...most likely mistaken identity..but watch your back & I hope you never have to endure anything like that again.
jb welda
February 22, 2006 08:28PM
did they happen to mention what exactly made them consider you a "drug dealer"?

i wouldnt be typing on the internet right now, i would be down at the police station filing a report and then i would be finding a good lawyer. first i would want a copy of the police report.

hope things get better; that sure sounds pretty scary all around.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
February 22, 2006 08:29PM
ps: you might take steps to further protect your family and yourself; those idiots might just be back, and i dont mean the police, who might also be back.

one love
jah bill
riffy
February 22, 2006 08:30PM
BG & Family,

Wow, I extend deephearted sympahty. May Jah comfort you and yours and help you rebuild from this horrific act of iniquity. I would get a "non-babylon" attorney to pursue legalities. What I mean by "non-babylon", is someone that takes a great personal interest in your case and seeing justice done, not just someone who's gonna take your money.

On the other hand, ya can ignore Babylon sh**stem and focus your efforts on rebuilding your family, and, shedding the feelings of violation through ovastanding.(imho- this is the way to promote a positive vibe for yourself and family the quickest, with overall better rewards for the insides later down the road, ya know?) I know it's easier said than done, Brother.

"When looking into the eye of the snake, the swallow reveals."

Prayer-
In the name of the MOST HIGH, JAH, the divine ruler of all creation, the only human mechanic, life engineer, and true light, please bestow healing and piece of mind upon BG and his family. Please give them the strength they need in this time......RAS TAFARI, SELAH.

Many Blessings and good luck BG,

Riffy
jb welda
February 22, 2006 08:33PM
you might try contacting stewart katz in sacramento; he is a human rights lawyer with a long track record (here in suckto) of getting big settlements from police departments for exactly this sort of thing. he is also a fairly cool guy who used to put on punk shows in sacto during the early 80s.

one love
jah bill
BG
February 22, 2006 08:41PM
give thx breddrins....
yea, well, maybe my appearance and the sheer fact that a home invasion where they specifically ask for "weed" and "money" points toward questionable runnings on the part of the invaded...only big thing here is...I DONT SELL OR BUY WEED, OR HAVE MONEY STASHED UNDER THE COUCH PILLOWS IN MY HOME, which they upturned and rifled thru.
Sending the family away, out of state for a time, and me myself just trying to prep a next place of residence on fakked up terms. Supposedly i am "under investigation" by the el cerrito police all because of what happened to my son and wife....based on their brilliant gumshoeing work where i just cannot be an innocent man.
The above text i posted here was 1st posted to the local newspapers as well.

bless up & always give thx for your life.
jb welda
February 22, 2006 08:51PM
the law offices of stewart katz, 1001 G Street: 916 444-5678

i would send him an email of what you posted above...

one love
jah bill
February 22, 2006 08:52PM
Yes, these are people who have obviously been watching you and your movements for them to think you are some sort of dealer. It DOES sound like a case of a thief who robs a fellow thief/dealer, which is why the ECPD are skeptical I'm sure.
Sorry this had to happen to you...used to hear about these kind of invasion in the late 80s & early 90s, when the crack era was still running strong. And I-man maintain guns are never necessary in the home, but then I hear about something like this...

Be VERY careful, as the others said, it could happen again (if not your home, then when you are outta road) since they didn't get what they expected the first time.

February 22, 2006 08:55PM
Long time Babylon fight gainst Rasta...I will never rely on them for a damn thing...

edit: if you need a backup to the link Bill gave you, you can always contact John Burris aka The Peoples Lawyer in Oakland. He has a long history of winning lawsuits against law enforcement f-ery.

Post Edited (02-22-06 13:35)
February 22, 2006 09:58PM
Terribly sorry to hear about this Binghi. Definitly take the advice given and contact a lawyer for this situation. There are a variety of lawyers who would help you take up some sort of case about this. Hope everything works out allright for you. jah bless

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
BG
February 22, 2006 10:06PM
yea Chimino, seems to be a anti-rasta stance for sure. They even said, "well look how you look", with my ites-gold & green belt dangling and nattys flashing, it is an unfortunate case of profiling.
Called that lawyer JB welda....after giving a brief explanation of the situation they took interest and wanted to talk more. give thx for that info bredda,
bless
BG
February 22, 2006 10:07PM
yes i, rastajames..thx for the hail up. Good look Chimino. Will contact john burris as well.
TR-808
February 22, 2006 10:33PM

bg, sorry to hear about that. looks like it scared the accent out of you. hope you are able to recover alright.

i didn't know you are an LA. where'd you go to school?

--
BG
February 22, 2006 10:56PM
ha ha, that made me laugh man. Well, the accent can come in like raw veggi-tubble or go out like last year, depending on the situation at hand. And yes, a harrowing experience, altho..i was not home, so i didnt get the mind numbing fear as my girl did. on the one hand i'm angry and in retalitory mode, but on the other just really concerned for my family and wanting them out of here for awhile. somewhere lush and safe and peace, if those place even exist. But my 1st 24 hrs in oakland a similar situation happened to me and my breddrin, got off at the wrong bus stop in east oak....not knowing...started to walk home, immediately surrounded and facing down 3 gun barrels. crazy ass existence in some of these bay area regions.

oh yea, I went to florida agricultural and mechanical Univ....finished in '01.
jb welda
February 22, 2006 11:13PM
he is in el cerrito solid, thats just north of berzerkley if i remember correctly.

one love
jah bill
TR-808
February 22, 2006 11:23PM
ok, i know ses-one (or however you spell it) was there for awhile too

i thought it was an ok neighborhood.. scary **** man

--
pale ryder
February 22, 2006 11:24PM
BG, how did you get out of that 3 barrel situation? That is a story that I would like to hear...........
BG
February 22, 2006 11:26PM
jb.....i think he meant L.A. as in landscape arch.
February 22, 2006 11:27PM
Man, this is really sad indeed Cody. At least nobody kept to their word about blowing heads off, and your empress and child have their physical health intact. And everyone around your gates seemed like 'family' in light of all the strange looks I got when I first entered and was trying to figure out which of the units is yours......
TR-808
February 22, 2006 11:28PM

yep

--
jb welda
February 22, 2006 11:31PM
oh

ok then.

one love
jah bill
February 22, 2006 11:32PM
Stand Firm Binghi Ghost- they can't keep you down. I also have heard good things about Mr. Katz in Sacramento so hopefully he or someone similar can help you out. People need to hear stories like this in order to fully understand how f*cked police in California can be. Things will be made right over time- Be strong, don't let them turn you into something you are not.
Sending vibes your way...
BG
February 22, 2006 11:36PM
Well pale ryder, me and a next breddrin from st. croix drove his mothers car from ft. lauderdale to out here in the bay area...it was 1999 i believe. And after we dropped the car, we wanted to try out the bart and what have you. So, after a epic day traversing this bay area, we headed for home, knowing his trini mother was cooking up a wikid pot of something or another, but we didnt know that the bart didnt come close to high st. which is where we were going. The closest we ended up getting to high st. was by that all girls school, on pierson and macarthur. it was a friday night.. bus driver dumped us off right in front of some local kids, who happened to be juggling their controlled substances there. We were immed. approached by 5 young guys and they aggressively controlled the shituation, asking us who were were, if we were police, why arent we buying anything. I said we lived on high st. they said they never seen us before, must be police.....and then just as quickly the "leader" stepped back, looked both ways, and pulled a dutty stinking .45 caliber from his pants waist.....immed. afterword pushing it in my eyeball, asking me if i am "ready to die tonight." Then 2 of the other guys pulled their weapons, not sure what they were..and pointed them at my friend. the guy with the gun to my eye socket was sooooooo high on something, not sure what..and he physically had to gather himself for a second..and at that instant i booked, over a parked car and into the bushes. I ran away so fast i ran str8 into the ground, thinking, oh lawd god, this is it, the end of me..and just awaiting those big .45 caliber rounds to puncture my back and splinter my spine. I made it away and at that point saw all of their attention trained on my breddrin who was haulin ass as fast as he could. they busted shots after him too...but more like, just celebratory, iraqi-style warning shots...missing him even tho they were only 10-15' feet behind him. he did a track star high jump over a retaining wall and i later found him shivering and shaking in a bush on top of the hill behind the 76 gas station there at that macarthur exit.
oakland, i tell ya, make sure to bring the kids!
February 23, 2006 12:01AM
Just like babylon to book and judge by the cover. Ghost I'm saddened to see this fukkery happen to anyone as active and helpful in the reggae community as yourself; I give thanks nonetheless that you & your family weren't harmed. Knowing how the cops are and the tude they gave you (been there, done that), they're probably searching for the perps about as hard as Matisyahu's looking for pork chops. jb's right; this calls for a lawyer who specializes in cases like this.
pale ryder
February 23, 2006 12:05AM
That was one hell of an experience. I am glad you guys made it out alive and unscathed for the most part, besides the nerves. I have never had a gun (besides pellet or bee bee) pointed at me. Don't know what I would do if I had to face that shituation. So what's next for the I?
BG
February 23, 2006 12:24AM
well, just troddin on like Ikahba in these times, got a lot of musical works happening, doing a collabo with mr. luciano this friday night, and then a next one with mr. kalongi himself. getting some real great push from vi radio now, and all thats holding up being on air regular down there is the us postal service( they still havent delivered the promo stuff).
new album hoping to finish before too long, got a big show on 3/18...rocker t and rankin scroo joining up for a musical communion, another one on 3/22 at blakes on telegraph...and then maybe heading for st. croix, to spend a year or more back home where the weather is nice. shooting a video for the 1st single off the album...myself and ras attitude inna combination stylee. Give thx for the support and interest in these troubling times,
blessed luv crew....
bg
February 23, 2006 12:26AM
hopefully i'll see ya at the Blake's show, that's the day after my birthday, so gonna try to head down that way. Jah bless

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
Stevo
February 23, 2006 12:45AM
Sorry to hear about all this Binghi G. I hope you and your family move forward with the least amount of loss and confusion. I've never been in a situation like that. I can imagine it's probably extremely frightening. Give thanks for coming through it safe and in one peice. Keep trodding along, forward ever backward never!
-Stevo
February 23, 2006 03:14AM
I am shocked for you and disheartened for us to read your news, Binghi Ghost. I too live in El Cerrito. Let me know if you want community support. Neighbors I know don't want police profiling us whether dreads = drug dealer or our Irainian friends = terrorists. Not that I know the police chief of EC but I have met him at the annual Crime Out block parties and he seemed reasonable. I can call some people to ask about lawyers who deal with this type situation though John Burris is the most well know lawyer on police abuse in these parts. My thoughts for you and especially for your family who have been assaulted and then abused.
Kel-I Bubbler
February 23, 2006 04:26AM
Ben Rosenfeld is another excellent civil rights attorney, he's in SF.
February 23, 2006 05:44AM
Stay strong brethren...

February 23, 2006 07:46AM
Fuckery a gwaan! Thoughts and well wishes to you Ghost.

fourtwentyplenty
February 23, 2006 02:30PM
BG-

damn!!! InI know how this will change the heart. Back Jan I had posted about my barn being raided, fortunately we were away. Twice inna month. The outcome for I was to "Check Iself". If dem gangstas thought you were rolling, maybe it was an image you put across? Maybe some type of behavior you can check and curtail so these things don't happen again?? With the green gold being as valuable as yellow gold, jealously and extashun will probably increase in the coming times. You know about STX. Here we have "the tax collectors" "the Commission" etc... that will do the same as your thiefs. Even if they "think" you have it, they are coming to flex you. Nobody wants to plant the corn, everybody wants to raid the barn. So if this image comes across that you have these things, check yourself and change ways. That's how I had to accept I situation. InI can't change the Shottas, but do have the ability to protect Iself and empress better. STX may not be any safer than Cali for your family. Because dem robbers did not find what they thought was there, most likely they are done with you. How about a defense of say a hungry Rotweiler to leave home with your empress and pickney?

Your empress must have done everything right as she made it through safely and provided the right actions to keep her likkle one from harms way. You are fortunate to have such a wise woman. Give thanks to Jah for guidance through this ordeal.

As we are stuck on this likkle rock and have nowhere to go, I also had to reinforce I house. $6K in new windows with security bars and also a monthly security service. A next dog is in the works. I (we) still can't bring in the gun, as I don't want the negative vibes in I life. Nuff non-lethal protection around though.

Other than that I can also point out the love being sent your way in hopes you all can move through this, learn from this, recover from this and proceed in positive action. The Devils are on the increase. as Luci say, "lead them to Jah".

Love yourself,
ic
February 23, 2006 03:27PM
BG,

Niyorah-Abja-and Army will be heading yahweh next month to lift up the spirits, HIGH! A new Niyo tune, "Presence of Jah" (not confirmed title) has words for you:

Balance...

Maybe someday, who knows,
Nature will come to our rescue
And every Gunplay will CEASE
and man will manifest their upmost best too
I hope that love may overflow
filling up the population
and then the dogs will come
just to feel the WRATH of the LION!

have strength BG and don't stop Jah Works,
ic

igrade westcoast dates:

10-Mar Fri San Francisco @ The Independent
11-Mar Sat OPEN
12-Mar Sun South Humbodlt @ Mateel's
13-Mar Mon DAY OFF
14-Mar Tues Mendocino @ Caspar Inn
15-Mar Wed OPEN
16-Mar Thur Grass Valley @ Fairgrounds
17-Mar Fri Santa Cruz @ Moe's Alley
18-Mar Sat San Luis Obispo @ TBA
19-Mar Sun OPEN
20-Mar Mon TRAVEL DAY - to Hawaii
21-Mar Tues Oahu @ TBA
22-Mar Wed Oahu @ TBA
23-Mar Thur Oahu @ TBA
24-Mar Fri Maui @ TBA
25-Mar Sat Kona @ TBA
26-Mar Sun Kawaii @ Venue TBA
27-Mar Mon DAY OFF - Kawaii
28-Mar Tues TRAVEL DAY
29-Mar Wed Solana Beach, CA @ The Belly Up
30-Mar Thurs OPEN
31-Mar Fri San Diego @ The World Beat Center
1-Apr Sat Yuma, AZ @ Venue TBA
2-Apr Sun Flagstaff, AZ @ Venue TBA
3-Apr Mon TRAVEL HOME
buttah....
February 23, 2006 03:51PM
Nice to see you doing well aquaphonics...
February 23, 2006 04:02PM
Bless sistren, still here in "Paradise". Hope the eye can catch some upcoming igrade shows. Abja and Niyorah have a slew of new tunes and the new releases may come out while they are in Cali. This tour has Tuff Lion on guitar!

ic
buttah....
February 23, 2006 04:09PM
I will definitely be in the building supporting the crew...the show in San Diego will be on a Friday night, which will make it a real treat..no worries about work the next morning!
BG
February 23, 2006 04:48PM
Yes the I's,
IC....exactly...same question i asking..what is it that made them come to my house???? Cuz wha, man doh flash, no styling profile, not out there in the "streets" like that, def. not pushing no carn or holding myself as some sort of "dealer", truley a confusion in its finest form. I have been trying ever since to figure out the "why," to no avail.
Last night my woman told me something interesting tho, when the one guy pushed her down in the kitchen, and she held her belly as she is pregnant, the gunman immed. dropped down beside her and said "ohhh, nooo..i'm so sorry, i didnt know you were pregnant, dont worry we wont hurt you."
!!!!!!???????!!!!! compassion? in a time of aggressive destruction??? wtf?
buttah....
February 23, 2006 05:09PM
that kinda let's you know...it seems many will flash but not actually use the weapon?
i don't know bg..but everyone thinks those with dreads or involved in reggae or listen to reggae must have alot of the green..kind of hard to change that mind set to say the least...maybe they see the comings & goings of ras from your spot & assume..which is always a bad thing.
February 23, 2006 05:26PM
This kind of **** seems to be more and more popular, I hear and read about it all the time. They target the Ganjaman because he cannot seek help from LE and they are usually kind, defenseless (inna gun world) folks who tend to make easy prey. There is a pretty controversial case up in my neck of the woods right now regarding this kind of activity and what an appropriate response is.

[www1.pressdemocrat.com]

As far as the compassion in a time of aggressive destruction, consider yourself lucky. I truly am sorry to hear about this and hope you and your family peaceful times.

February 23, 2006 05:32PM

one day soon nuff,,, trod on. Respects BG

February 23, 2006 05:32PM
See, how fortunate the empress is wise...

Much love Bg and family,
ic

"Last night my woman told me something interesting tho, when the one guy pushed her down in the kitchen, and she held her belly as she is pregnant, the gunman immed. dropped down beside her and said "ohhh, nooo..i'm so sorry, i didnt know you were pregnant, dont worry we wont hurt you."
jb welda
February 23, 2006 05:44PM
sometimes even bad guys have a heart.

think about this though: quite possibly the same "profiling" youre talking about the police using, these guys use too. so from sighting you they think youre a dealer or at least potentially one. and they could have been watching your coming and going for awhile and got nothing better to do with their time than watch and think.

one love
jah bill
k
February 26, 2006 07:11PM
guess my posts are too real, no? cha!
k
February 26, 2006 07:14PM
babylon de la tabilla para anuncios y censura aqui. cha!
February 27, 2006 07:04PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were agents of the state dressed to kill/and or harass. These are the times we're living in.

With attitudes such as their's, its hard for be to feel any remorse when one of them meets their maker on the job.

Peace......
BG
February 27, 2006 07:20PM
yu know, nuff people been saying that, that they were "sent" to shake us down. But, i mean......................umm......for what???
March 01, 2006 10:07PM
Sorry to hear Cody, Stay strong and don't do anything foolish like you may be tempted to.
Same thing happened to me year and a half ago here in Philly, situation did not end without hospital visits in my case though. criminal n criminal crime deman, wah.
Cops did nothing in my case, but nothing they really could. I wouldn't entertain too many conspiracy threories either. 99 percent of the time it's someone you know. I'm sure in your scene some dreadlock you know is slingin' and you got fingered as an accomplice by somebody looking for an easy grab. Seen it alot up here and in NY. Keep your head down, move, keep the family safe and start keeping an eye open and an ear to the ground. Like I said you probably know who it is. If and when you get an idea who, don't be tempted to retaliate, nothing good will come of that trust me. And rasta don't need no guns man, just keep spittin a good vibe and work on building karma, they'll get theirs.
Lemme know if there is anything I can do for you man.
I have a close friend who is in real estate in El Cerrito.
March 02, 2006 12:47AM
yaow, galloway...link I up on the email iyah....i recognize the name but cyaaaaaan place it. link up still, bless

jahbless7us@yahoo.com

guidance,
bg
March 02, 2006 07:52AM
It's me Patrick CDS STX CottonV. Blessings to the family and yourself. Linked you up. Stay safe broddah.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login