STRICTLY ROOTS SHOWDOWN!!
Shaggy headlining friday
Matis- Sat.
Prince-Sun.
Now send us your money!
pale ryder
Re: just added: Shaggy, Matisyahu,Prince
February 24, 2006 12:55AM
Your crew vs me, and the Revolution....skins and blouses.....
money mission
February 24, 2006 01:03AM
this really is a world music festival what a line up!
levi-t
February 24, 2006 01:26AM
Game, blouses.

pancakes, anyone?
February 24, 2006 01:40AM
If Prince does a reggae set is he gonna change his name to 'Ras'?
jb welda
February 24, 2006 02:33AM
out of that bunch prince would be the one i would want to see most i think. he did a great song on saturday night live the other night, one of the best performances ive seen in a long while.

one love
jah bill
matt
February 24, 2006 01:19PM
i agree jb. don't be hatin on the little big man
pale ryder
February 24, 2006 05:12PM
I saw that JB, Prince can shred the guitar.....
papa wheelie
February 24, 2006 05:35PM
Anyone who taught himself 21 different instruments gets massive respect from the I.
peace & strength,
Wheelie
bun
February 24, 2006 06:08PM
And according to Dave Chapelle, he can play some B-ball toosmiling smiley
papa ray
February 24, 2006 06:31PM
IMO, PRINCE is the single finest stage performer I have ever seen. Seen?
February 24, 2006 06:39PM
agreed, so much talent, still underrated after all this time
IR
February 24, 2006 06:59PM
riffy
February 24, 2006 07:09PM
Prince is a true artist, and yes, he can shred the guitar. I respect his abilities. I have heard him do some "reggae feel" beats before, during a live performance in 85'. He's a multi-talent indeed - whateva you need.

riffy
G nyze
February 24, 2006 09:00PM
I heard him perform "lively up yourself" bout 10 yrs ago in S.F...
February 24, 2006 09:06PM
Prince...Buster!
February 24, 2006 09:13PM
It was Charlie Murphy that told the story of playing Prince.
pale ryder
February 24, 2006 10:10PM
Yeah, Dave would have been a child at that age no?
February 24, 2006 11:53PM
whoa, my lady dragged me to a prince show a few years back. and i literally say dragged because i left fingernails in the doorjams.

in the car one our way to the show, i silently decided i would go......but i was gonna roll the biggest cornicopia bomber with everything i could find, animal, veggie or mineral. and then wash it down with a 750 of rum and really get toasted.

we were late, got into a deep conversation on the way to our seats, and by the time i remembered my plan, she had me in the show.

do i need to mention at this point i'm not a fan of top40 prince tunes? well, i took one look at this oompa loompah dry humpin his piano and was 50% tuned out, when he slid hisself down onto the playing side of that grand piano and started JAMMIN. Then he leaped off that bench like a frog, landed right behind a bass and WHALED it.

From then on, there was no stoppin him. he divided his time equally between mashin each instrument on stage and then ripping them apart with his talent. There was a couple/three of his overplayed fm radio crap hits, but he mostly dug deep into some vault of pretty hot tunes.

Great show, and at a large venue. Since then, said lady has got tickets at 3 small venue shows (<1000 people) and I've enjoyed each one more and more. Last time, it was totally instrumental progressive with alot of jazz hits.

And guys *wink wink* much like Shaggy, this guy attracts the ladies to the shows. As anyone who made it to the stage last Saturday nite remembers-there was more ladies at the Shaggy show than the last 10 years of SNWMF combined!

So bring back Shaggy, throw some Prince in there, hell toss in some Maroon5 crap...As long as its got the sexy women shakin their asses in Mendo this June I'm all for it!

riffy
February 24, 2006 11:58PM
King Meat Eater, you're hilarious! : )
pale ryder
February 24, 2006 11:58PM
"i silently decided i would go......but i was gonna roll the biggest cornicopia bomber with everything i could find, animal, veggie or mineral. and then wash it down with a 750 of rum and really get toasted".

Lol, classic, and well written....
g mon g
February 25, 2006 12:52AM
i saw Prince back in 1998. it was the worse expensive show i have ever seen. it was at the memphis pyramid when i lived there.took my girly for her birthday. ticks were $45 a piece for nose bleed section. show was to start at 8. he didn't show up till 9:30 and only played 45 minutes. everyone was pissed off.

he decided to do a late night show at the omni new daisy cause of his lack of integrity and wanted another $30 to see that show.

what a joke prince is. he may have been cool in the 80's in purple rain cause Apilonia was in the flict and my sisters watched it a million times, but his days of coolness left when the 80's ended...
February 25, 2006 06:12AM
**** it, MJ and Prince are two of America's greatest living musical artists. Don't care how weird they are...

February 25, 2006 07:35AM
Daniel, do we have to wait until April 1 for you declare your post a joke. Your just yanking our chain...
Shaggy and Matis, that's just to set us off. Interestingly no-one saying nuthing so the joke is on me.
Yeah, yeah Prince is mr. talent. Funny how 20 years ago, Prince was the wierd one and Michael Jackson oh so Mr. Popularity, everyone in U$A could agree on Beat It onto your Thrilla. Now whose Mr. Wierdo...
Every see Prince on the muppets with his sweater and looking like the preppiest person in America.
Right Prince closing SNWMF...
Please bringing George Clinton and his gang before him for a night of World Music US stylee, diggin' it already.
February 25, 2006 05:46PM
Daniel, do we have to wait until April 1 for you declare your post a joke. Your just yanking our chain...

Yuh got the wrong guy...you mean daneil
February 26, 2006 09:52AM
Rhythmwize, thanks for pointing that out. I'm a space cadet and it didn't even register.
February 26, 2006 07:37PM
I was in Minnieapolis this last weekend and prince announced a "last minute" show at one of the local places (I forget the name of the theatre)
apparently he just annouces shows two or three days before. and tickets are only available at the door.
I saw him with the time and Vanity 6 for the 1999 tour.
one of the all time greats imo.

Michael

Ur Moma's lovely!
February 27, 2006 08:08PM
Yes, peeps, I saw Prince 2x on his majestic Purple Rain Tour, back in late 84/early 85, when I was his biggest fan, at some colleseum on long island. I still have all the vinyl including a few rare 12 ". I love the little big man in all his egoglory!
Speaking of little big men, did anyone catch Sly's andy warhol minute at the Grammys? Sad. Dude looks thrashed. Certainly not an everyday people.
At least Prince can still rock it without having to leave the stage after a minute. You can leave Shaggy on the bathroom floor, though.
Peace, see yall in Boonville! Unless, of course the Anderson Valley Advisor teams up with the calaveras county sherrif to stop us from creating community! Ha ha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login