Advanced

misty in roots in san francisco tonight- reports welcome

Posted by roots-ee 
misty in roots in san francisco tonight- reports welcome
February 25, 2006 05:49AM
anytime and everytime.
Re: misty in roots in san francisco tonight- reports welcome
February 25, 2006 08:57AM
report --> it's gwaan be a HUGE set! if ya get a goin' now, mebbe ya hava chance ta mek it still...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 25, 2006 09:50AM
i've got some friends who are going, I'm gonna find out how it goes from them. As for me, the price tag on that show is too high for only being intrested in seing at most 3 of the bands there (MIR, Gentlemen, and Dezarie). If I had disposable money like that I'd go, but looks like I'm saving up that money for the time being. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
February 25, 2006 11:07AM
ras james,

hope you get to Misty ( and the others ) in due course.
jah seh, nothing will happen before its time.

blessings in the meanwhile,

one love one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]
February 25, 2006 11:46AM
I hope you get to see them live too, rootsee.
Otherwise, how do you know whether they're good live?
February 25, 2006 12:02PM
"See them a live, see them a come..."
February 25, 2006 02:08PM
i hear tell mir is pretty good live... so di idren dem a seh...:-)

some seh better than cook food, :-)
February 26, 2006 01:34AM
MIR was fantastic in my book. So glad they switched Gentleman into slot before Misty in Roots so I no miss a note. Gentleman was good but MIR was why I bought the ticket and no disappointment here. I cannot give you the particulars of the song set but they were great. Only sorry that in that early time slot they don't get an encore. Bring MIR to SNWMF please, please, please.

I enjoyed Gregory very much. You guys rag on him but the man is in his mid-50's which in Gregory years in like 70's for us. The man is on stage giving his best for what he's got left. I was told by a vendor after the show that Gregory's son is on tour with Dennis Brown's son and that is why Gregory's son was not with Gregory.

I got into all of it at Ragga Muffins S.F. tonite, Wailers, Matisyahu, and Franti, Radioactive and Spearhead. But prime was Gentleman, MIR, Gregory I and Wailers for my roots fix. Unfortunately missed Desarie due to mess up at my end. I know that we didn't get the historic line up of Long Beach with Alton and Horace and Freddie, etc. but I still thankfull. The Itals played 19 Broadway and Army and company is coming to the Independent and more to come. Not purrfect but SNWMF will satisfy my classic artists as in past years. S.F. is second rate reggae market compared to elsewhere in the west coast while better than some. Not sure why? Maritime Hall had the goods for a monthly r0ots show. After it closed was pretty bad but starting to pick up with Independent, 19 Broadway, Ashkenaz, Shattuck Down Low and a little bit of Slims.
February 26, 2006 04:38AM
good morning,

malcolm, my brother, you wrote
snipped
<
MIR was fantastic in my book....MIR was why I bought the ticket and no disappointment here. I cannot give you the particulars of the song set but they were great. Only sorry that in that early time slot they don't get an encore. Bring MIR to SNWMF please, please, please.

...give thanks!!!!!!!!!!
============================
I enjoyed Gregory very much.

>>>also good to hear this positivity about gregory,
============================================

one peace roots-ee
February 26, 2006 02:28PM
While I thought the sound in Santa Cruz to have been MUCH better than in southern california, the sound yesterday at SF Civic Auditorium was amazing.

Soul Majestic opened the day's music, which was nice because they got taken off the Long Beach line-up at the last minute. Then came Dezarie and Gentleman followed by Misty in Roots. It was nice to see them get a slightly later slot this time around, and they were incredable.

Then came the "authentic reggae" segment of the show, featuring Gregory Isaacs backed by Live Wyah and then The Wailers. For me, the best part of this portion of the show was when Live Wyah did their medley of Gregory tunes before he came on. Gregory sang to the same standard he had set in Long Beach, so i didn't stick around for any more of the music.

On my way out, I did manage to find a score that some dj's might be interested in. MIR had CDs of Eurovision, Wish & Foolish, Earth, Musi-O-Tunya, Forward and the John Peel Sessions that they were selling for $20.00 - for the whole set. I bought 3 sets, as I have no problem buying bootlegs directly from the artists. Anyone interested in a set should contact me right away.

Though I didn't see him at the festival, I heard the promoter of SNWMF was in the house. I sure hope he caught the ONE BAND that personifies what the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival is.....
baldhed
February 26, 2006 06:38PM
they played Festa!........finally.. now they need to play Music Suite next time...
February 26, 2006 07:13PM
Daniel,
I am most interested in buying one of those sets of MIR music from you. Please contact me at MQhealthpge@aol.com if available. Many thanks for thinking of us fans of the roots.
Malcolm
February 26, 2006 07:15PM
got the report from my friends who made the show. They missed Dezarie and Ikhaba, but caught the rest of the show. They said the only good performances they saw were Gentlemen and MIR. They said Gregory seemed tired and not really with it, and that Matisyahu has problems keeping in tune with the music. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
francesca
February 26, 2006 09:14PM
I didn't catch Soul Majestic or Franti & Spearhead but saw the rest and really enjoyed the day-- Gentleman and MIR were the highlights of the fest for me...first time seeing MIR and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login