Tues. in Grass Valley at the Fairgrounds put on by a local crew so come on out
Wed. in Ashland Or. another Renegade show
see ya in Grass Valley Tue.
One Love
Al
also the I-grade tour is coming on March 18th at the same venue
Re: Dezarie this Tue,,,
February 27, 2006 07:34AM
Don't forget about Ptown on march 3rd! berbati's!
short change
February 27, 2006 08:01AM
nice one! i was born in Grass Valley but never be back since year one. big up all grassy valley crew.

change
February 27, 2006 03:08PM
I believe the Dezarie show tomorrow night is at MINERS FOUNDRY and not the Fairgrounds.... Given the curfew at this venue, remember to get there early.

February 27th
Dezarie & Ikahba
Miners Foundry
325 Spring Street
Nevada City
(530) 265-5040
Re: Dezarie this Tuesday @ Miner's Foundry
February 27, 2006 05:23PM
Thanks Daniel for the correction & Al for the initial info - here's all the details:

Tuesday, February 28
Live Roots Reggae from St Croix
Dezarie backed by Midnite’s band
With Ikahba

Miner’s Foundry - 325 Spring St Nevada City, CA
$18 advance / $22 at door
Doors 7:00pm / Show at 8:00pm
All Ages,
Ital food & drinks provided by Kat’s Kitchen

Tickets Available at: The Briar Patch Coop and the Foggy Mountain Music Store
For more show info call 530-613-7129 or email onenessproductions@yahoo.com

Oneness Productions proudly presents a night of St. Croix Roots Reggae for the whole family with the hottest female reggae artist to come out of St. Croix, Dezarie, backed by the band of Midnite with special guest Ikahba at the Miner’s Foundry on Tuesday, February 28. This community event is all ages so bring the whole family to enjoy conscious roots music plus craft vendors and Ital food & drinks from Kat’s Kitchen.
February 27, 2006 05:27PM
another correction...I-Grade is in SLO on March 18th at The Grad
February 27, 2006 05:33PM
True dat Dan. The I-Grade showcase at the Grass Valley Fairgrounds is on March 16th. Here is the complete I Grade tour as of right now:

2-Mar Thur Washington DC @ U Turn | Address: 1942 11th Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 | Telephone: 202-299-9882
3-Mar Fri Virginia Beach, VA @ Jewish Mother
4-Mar Sat Asheville, NC @ The Grey Eagle
5-Mar Sun Baltimore MD @ Eden's Lounge | Address: 15 W. Eager St. Mount Vernon Baltimore, MD | Telephone: 443-992-1574
10-Mar Fri San Francisco @ The Independent
12-Mar Sun South Humbodlt @ Mateel's
14-Mar Tues Mendocino @ Caspar Inn
16-Mar Thur Grass Valley @ Fairgrounds
17-Mar Fri Santa Cruz @ Moe's Alley
18-Mar Sat San Luis Obispo @ TBA
21-Mar Tues Oahu @ TBA
22-Mar Wed Oahu @ TBA
23-Mar Thur Oahu @ TBA
24-Mar Fri Maui @ TBA
25-Mar Sat Kona @ TBA
26-Mar Sun Kawaii @ Venue TBA
27-Mar Mon DAY OFF - Kawaii
29-Mar Wed Solana Beach, CA @ The Belly Up
31-Mar Fri San Diego @ The World Beat Center
1-Apr Sat Yuma, AZ @ Venue TBA
2-Apr Sun Flagstaff, AZ @ Venue TBA
jb welda
February 27, 2006 05:37PM
this is monumentally screwed up...

looks like its on MARCH 16 not feb 16 to me daniel

and "kawaii" is kauai.

im still not straight on when exactly dezarie is in nevada city...the 27 or the 28?

one love
jah bill
February 27, 2006 05:40PM
Dezarie is at the Tahoe Biltmore (Club Breeze) TONIGHT - Feb 27
Dezarie is in Nevada City (Miners Foundry) TOMORROW - Feb 28
Lori
February 27, 2006 08:12PM
Stance
February 27, 2006 11:04PM
No culture in Grass Valley . Only trustafarians live there.
February 28, 2006 03:15AM
Hey Al! and Daniel - if any of you want to car pool tomorrow from sac send me an email! if not, see you there.
Andee
February 28, 2006 05:05AM
yea I started this mess and OOPS!!!!
yea its at the Foundry on Tues.
and the I-grade tour at the Fairgrounds
and I just was wondering who was attending???
gezzzz thanks guys
Daniel and Amy thanks as always
and Andee I'll be leaving about 4ish and kicking in GV/NC area for a while before the show I'll drop ya a line
February 28, 2006 04:03PM
Alwright Al - see you there....
February 28, 2006 08:46PM
see you all tonite : )
one love-juan love
March 01, 2006 03:54PM
so how was the Dezarie show last night at the Miner's Foundry??
March 01, 2006 04:14PM
we know it was crucial, but would like fi hear reports still... Daniel?

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 01, 2006 04:56PM
Pure good vibez inna the Miners Foundry last night as Dezarie and Ikahba completed their run of nothern california. Big Up to Matt, Sister Kat and Oneness Productions for the gathering.

Nuff SNWMF posse in the house - Juan Love, Africa Al, Andee, Too Dread and more, along with recent STX immigrants to Grass Valley family, Donny Dread and Nubian Natty.

Ikahba came out and did a very strong set which included two new selections: Moe Dem Down and I Know

"Everything I write was inspired
Through vibes, through heights, through life
The more I know I still endeavor
Excert myself vigorously, which is fine
Truthfully I strive as my brothers
Fi keep it real and right and such is life
Can’t leave it alone, thank you no sir
For the love of reggae music
Ikahba come to keep it alive"

Dezarie followed with about a 75 minute set. At one point, she burst into a new tune:

"Jah I am nothing without you
Always coming to my rescue
Jah I am nothing without you
Jah I have nothing without you
Another day we open up we eyes
Give thanx and praises
Jah breath into us all a breathe of life
As the world turns, is many pages
Some say that only the fittest of the fittest will survive
Jah alone can save I"

Ron and Ryan could be seen working through a riddim as she sang that acappella, after which they burst into the music. After about 2 minutes, Dezarie called for a 'next tune', but Ron insisted to 'run it again'. The second time through, it sounded just like they had been playing that song forever..... I'm sure the northern massive will get a taste of this new selection, as the journey continues....

Feb 27th - Cyrstal Bay, NV - Tahoe Biltmore (Club Breeze)
Feb 28th - Nevada City, CA - Miners Foundry
Mar 1st - OPEN
Mar 2nd - Ashland, OR - The Armory
Mar 3rd - Portland, OR - Berbati's
Mar 4th - Seattle, WA - Ibex
Mar 5th - Eugene, OR - Wow Hall
Re: Dezarie this Tue
March 01, 2006 05:40PM
Give thanks to everyone who made such a wonderful show possible and for the time to catch up with old friends.....Dezarie continues to move me in so many ways, truly a powerful woman and I give thanks to her, Ikahba and the entire crew for making the long journay in the rain and snow from tahoe. The Bass player was wicked last night!much respect
March 01, 2006 05:44PM
wow! sweet words dem Daniel, bless!

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 01, 2006 06:46PM
Tahoe show was short, but very sweet. 30 minutes of Ikahba followed by a strong 90 minute set from the empress Dezarie...
March 01, 2006 07:08PM
Ikahba was awesome and Dezarie continues to be the Empress of Reggae music... the show was incredible, the vibes excellent, Dezarie brought a tear to my eyes more than once. Her words are food for the soul... Big up Sista Kat, as usual... continue to bring irie roots music to us in Chico and GV.
Translucent
March 01, 2006 08:05PM
I don't even know how to begin describing what I experience last night...........absolutely CRUCIAL!!! Grounding vibes thoughout both sets!! It was my first time catching both artists live and all I can say is: if dem come around your area and you're into roots reggae, do not miss dem!!

Ikahba delivered a very strong set indeed and I Ijoy it very much. His voice, lyrics, energy and vibes are top notch!

Dezarie...........WOW!!!...........What can I say?!............is like, for those who've seen her, her name is all that is necessary, and for those who have not, the only way to know it is by catching her live!!!
As much as I looked forward to songs like "Strenght your mind", "Exhalt", "Travelers", her selections were equaly fulfilling, with various crucial new songs as well as crucial old ones like "Gone Down", "Not One Penny", "Gracious Mama Africa" and others. The new song mentioned by Daniel above was my favorite and his description of how it developed is precise.......when she "pulled" out, I was bummed, but then they started again and carried on for perhaps the longest duration out of her whole set......what a journey!

The whole event was great. The venue was irie, the vendors were great, the crowd was positive, and the likkle youth was everywhere blessing.....my Empress and I had a blast! Give thanks for all involved in bringing the masses such an experience!

One Love
Maconha

PS. My very only disappointment was that Ikahba's cd, which I was ready to buy, was not available for sale...and even though I have both Dezarie's albums, I notice that her latest was not available either. One would figure that artists with such delivery would have their albums available for purchase, in both theirs and the masses best interest.

Gotta give thanks for Roots Reggae....the vibes are still with me and I wish I could catch another dose tonight...
Peace
March 01, 2006 08:14PM
Did anyone else notice the little girl (she couldn't have been more than 8 years old) that knew ALL of the lyrics to the album songs that Dezarie played like Not One Penny and Gracious Mama Africa? I think that blew me away more than anything else I witnessed last night.....
March 01, 2006 10:24PM
I did not Daniel but I'm not surprised, I remember Jonny Clegg touching me that deep at a young age....
March 02, 2006 04:33PM
So glad everyone who came out to the Miners Foundry had an irie time. Look for the I Grade Showcase coming to Grass Valley March 16!
Lori
March 02, 2006 05:40PM
I hear that. My youth sings "Mama Africa" at snack time.
All the ages Love Dezarie!
March 02, 2006 07:10PM
nice to see every one out the other night. daniel-andee- it was a pleasure to meet the both of you. good music and vibes ruled the place once again.
that was the longest set i've ever seen ikahba do.good to see him do a full set with out having to be jiped because michael franti or some thing...
good to see you too al. you e-mail me some more info bout that fest you were teeling me about.
one love-juan love
March 03, 2006 02:42AM
Thanks I was the little girl at the Dezarie show in Nevada City. My name is Cassidy and I am eight years old. I love Dezarie, she is my favorite singer. That is why I know all of her songs. Give Thanks and Praises unto The Most High.

March 03, 2006 07:38PM
ya got good taste Cassidy! Jah bless the I...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login