Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BRING BACK GROUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mr. Berrr 
BRING BACK GROUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 27, 2006 12:31PM
I think Groundation was the best show of 05 @ Seirra. Does anybody else agree that they should return again for another round?
Re: BRING BACK GROUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 27, 2006 12:37PM
Unfortunately to zoki's dismay they won't be available.

fourtwentyplenty
February 27, 2006 01:06PM
>i* tink i* heard crickets on the main stage during shaggy*

-RASpects+
TR-808
February 27, 2006 01:09PM

no those were in your hair

--
February 27, 2006 01:19PM
That's ok, they'll be in Zoki's part of the world, so he'll have no problem finding out where they'll be playing closest to him.
That might be enough impetus to get him to come to SNWMF.
February 27, 2006 01:24PM
>go join the army TR Chico isnt that kool i*ya. . .

-RASpects+
February 27, 2006 01:37PM
Quite the contrary. I think Groundation was the worst show of 05 @ Seirra. Does anybody else agree that they should not return again for another round?

Actually I don't care. I can tolerate Groundation as long as I don't have to hear them.
February 27, 2006 01:51PM
You know there is a reason why ice cream shops offer more than one flaver......Different strokes for different folks. My guess is that the majority of posters here appreciated having Groundation as an 'alternative' to Shaggy, but maybe he waz your cup of tea Mike.

In any case, Groundation is unavailable this year, which will come as bad news to some and good news to people like you. Personally, I don't care for about 80% of all reggae artists, and have little pension for World Music. But I prefer to speak positively of the 20% I care for rather than dwelling on the negative..... To that end I say BRING THE VICEROYS TO SNWMF 2006!!!!!!!
February 27, 2006 02:02PM
"Unfortunately to zoki's dismay they won't be available."

Yes, Groundation will be on tour this summer, busily looking for a new lead singer who hasn't got a strange habit of eating grind-paper for breakfast.
February 27, 2006 02:54PM
A bit dishonest to suggest I like Shaggy from what I posted there Daniel.

Nothing wrong if you like Groundation. They are a "lifestyle" band. And I admit to liking many crummy or incompetent bands in the past because I identified with them in some way. Folks who identify with Groundation don't know or care that the guy can't sing a lick and good for them. But if someone posts that they were the best show at SNWMF in 2005 they are inviting a contrary response from those of us who think they were near the bottom.
February 27, 2006 03:02PM
Hey, my favorite artist is MUTABARUKA, who will readily admit to anyone who asks that he 'can't sing a lick'.....
jb welda
February 27, 2006 03:04PM
but he doesnt try, now does he? and that may be the difference i am discerning...

one love
jah bill
February 27, 2006 03:09PM
That is true JB, but I waz trying to make an example without going negative by referring to 1 of the 80% of reggae singers who can't sing, or at least can't sing very well....
February 27, 2006 03:15PM
80% of reggae artists can't sing???

Jamaican reggae artists are almost entirely great singers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login