Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AUDIENCE QUESTIONS FOR THE PERFORMERS

Posted by DJ BIG JIM 
AUDIENCE QUESTIONS FOR THE PERFORMERS
June 15, 2004 02:36AM
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR ANY PERFORMERS ON THIS YEARS BILL<
PLEASE GO AHEAD AND POST THEM HERE, WE WILL ASK THESE QUESTIONS DURING THE SHOW AT THE PRESS TENT AND POST RESPONSES SHORTLY AFTER THE FEST. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT!
Re: AUDIENCE QUESTIONS FOR THE PERFORMERS
June 15, 2004 02:42AM
Well, I would like to hear Beres Hammond, Don Carlos and The Mighty Diamonds comment on their being included in the forthcoming "Is It Rolling, Bob?" a reggae tribute to Bob Dylan (my first favorite 'bob' singer).
June 15, 2004 04:02AM
Greetings
If you could ask Fermin and Femi these questions,; Where do they find peace in their music they play, and in their country, and around the globe?
What types of new music that they are listing to and playing for their next CD? What is their next project? audio, print and/or video?? with someone else??
at what or how much price does an artist have to pay for their beliefs?
In you country how many artists do you estamate have been jailed or killed in the past year for professing their beliefs?
Thanks
One Love
al

flip
June 15, 2004 04:54AM
great idea jim....

i'd like to hear what Alton Ellis, Winston Rodney, Clinton Fearon, Marcia Griffiths think about the legacy of Coxsone Dodd....his contribution to the music. i wonder what most of the Roots artists have to say about him-Midnite, Linval, Israel Vibration, Winston Jarrett....
June 15, 2004 03:08PM
I would like to meet Linval and thank him for the memories.
June 16, 2004 05:44PM
Please keep posting these and any press tent crew that might be checking the board after this evening weds 16th, please write them down and bring them to the tent....
to those that have posted so far GiVE thanks and keep posting...

REspect!
June 16, 2004 11:56PM
I want to ask The Mighty Diamonds about a show of theirs that I saw two years ago, on 4/20 no less.

The show itself and the music wasn't bad, but for whatever reason they played the same set twice. Meaning the opened up with the set. Took a break. Came back and played pretty much the exact same set. I think they swapped the order of two songs for the second set. And one of them muttered into the microphone a la Johnny Rotten "Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?"

Definately the oddest reggae show I have ever experienced and my friends and I just want to know what the deal was.

No disrespect intended, but those guys have been around for years and know hundreds of songs, but that night they seemed content to sing the same few songs twice.

Kind Herb
shaunsta
June 17, 2004 12:49AM
i would like to ask Don Carlos do you like people wearing your countrys flag even though there not from your country. Jah bless
June 17, 2004 12:50AM
Maybe they had an inexperienced backing band - just a guess - great question!
June 17, 2004 04:19AM
Question for the artists:

1) How come Femi Kuti is not performing at this year's Reggae on the River Fest in August in Nor Cal?

2) Will Femi be performing other than the SNWMF this year in California?

Thanks,

He and his band's stage presence is trance -like!!!

He is an amazing artist. So so musically phenominal!

Peace

Rastaman LB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login