Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tickets

Posted by pale ryder 
pale ryder
Tickets
March 01, 2006 02:12PM
Is today the last day to get the early discount? I thought I remember seeing the price at 95.00, when did it go up?
Re: Tickets
March 01, 2006 02:16PM
I believe you are confusing the "Early-Bird" ticket (which was 95.00) with the Mail Order price (110.00), which is less expensive then purchasing a 3-day ticket at the gate.....
pale ryder
March 01, 2006 02:23PM
Can you still get the early bird special if you have it postmarked by today?
March 01, 2006 02:33PM
Early-Bird 3 Day Festival Ticket is Only $95 if Order Postmarked Before March 1st, 2006
jb welda
March 01, 2006 02:46PM
>Postmarked Before March 1st, 2006

and strictly speaking that means feb 28 before midnight. dont know if that is what is meant in this case by "Before" but literally speaking, youre too late now.

one love
jah bill
March 01, 2006 03:06PM
>i feel wormed!
>how can u drop only a few worth while headliners & a few days later cut every1 off mailorder*
>2nd who wants to support ticketbastard?
>3rd offering pre-camp sales?
(iNi overstand moving a festival like this is alot of work but give iNi loyal'z a extension on un-taxed tickets pleaze...
>giv+thanx*

-RASpects+
jb welda
March 01, 2006 03:12PM
jezus christ meek, learn to read. im pretty sure you can mail order tickets right now and dont have to get them through tb. its only the early bird price thats not being offered now.

one love
jah bill
March 01, 2006 03:14PM
>well got this e-mail saying it was cut-off
>would have been nice to have added that extra info in ...

-RASpects+
March 01, 2006 03:16PM
1. Mail Order has not been discontinued, just the early bird
2. Not me, apparently not you either, but for someone without cash, paying the babylon surcharge is STILL cheaper than waiting to buy a ticket at the gate
3. "Camping tickets for SNWMF '06 are available through mail order, and are highly recommended as camping spaces are limited this year. If you are purchasing advance tickets, we strongly encourage you to also purchase a camping ticket so as to insure your camping spot at the venue.

You have plenty of time for un-taxed tickets.....
jb welda
March 01, 2006 03:20PM
for your benefit meek, lets review this one more time:
( a couple of notes to daniel embedded too)

Discount Mail Order Tickets on Sale Now!!!

Discount Mail Order Tickets are Only $110.00

Mail Order Only - Camping is Paid Separately

<DANIEL: this is pretty confusing, makes it sound like you should NOT send in camping money with mail order which is directly contradicted by the next paragraph>

3 Day Camping Pass is $35 (limit 1 per order)

Camping tickets for SNWMF '06 are available through mail order, and are highly recommended as camping spaces are limited this year. If you are purchasing advance tickets, we strongly encourage you to also purchase a camping ticket so as to insure your camping spot at the venue. Only one camping ticket is needed per vehicle. Camping tickets are only valid with a 3 day music ticket.

<DANIEL: note that the side of the ticket page still says to buy camping at the gate...probably needs fixing>

To Mail Order: Send check or money order, $.39 stamp (no envelope) & your address legibly written to:

SNWMF 2006
PO Box 208
Ryde, CA 95680

Tickets will be available at independent outlets after April 1, 2006

MY NOTE TO MEEK: what this means is that as of april 1 tickets will be available at independent outlets (eg: not ticketmaster) but as far as i know will STILL be available by mailorder direct from snwmf.

Single day and 3-day tickets will be sold after April 30, 2006 at Ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster centers including Tower Records, Wherehouse Music, Tix Bay Area, and select Rite Aid Stores, Save Mart supermarkets and Ritmo Latino music stores. To charge by phone call (916) 649-TIXS, (415) 421-TIXS, (510) 625-TIXS, (408) 998-TIXS or (707) 528-TIXS.

MY NOTE TO MEEK: what this means is that as of april 30 tickets will be available at ticketmaster but as far as i know will STILL be available by mailorder direct from snwmf.

hopefully that clears up your concerns.

one love
jah bill
March 01, 2006 03:34PM
Well, if you got an email from me, it would have said:

"February 28, 2006 is the last day to purchase ‘Early-Bird Tickets’ via mail order." Please note, it DOES NOT say Feb 28th is the last day to order tickets via mail order, just EARLY BIRD tickets.

Of course all "iNi loyal'z" know that SNWMF offers an early-bird discount for the loyal'z

Thnx for the headsup JB
March 01, 2006 05:34PM
>thanx for all the ink tings seem more overstood now.
>maybe it was the 10% inflation on early tickets & 20% on pre-order tickets dat threw me off*
>hope this doesnt turn into a ROTR type trend*

-RASpects+
March 01, 2006 06:42PM
maybe it was the 10% inflation on early tickets & 20% on pre-order tickets dat threw me off*

Your numbers are off, but did you consider the fact that ticket sales will be limited to only 5,000 this year???? And PLEASE show me ONE festival that has the amount and quality of acts as SNWMF for three days at this price.

Early Birds are 95 this year
Early Birds were 85 last year

Discount Tickets are 110 this year
Discount Tickets were 100 last year
Lori
March 02, 2006 09:47AM
I miss the OLD prices
jb welda
March 02, 2006 10:48AM
>I miss the OLD prices

yeah so do i. like when you could buy a brand new hot rod corvette for 5000 $.

one love
jah bill
March 02, 2006 10:58AM
> >I miss the OLD prices
like when you could buy a three day pass for $65
those were the days.
one love-juan love
Stevo
March 02, 2006 12:35PM
But if we raise the price $10 a year....in 5 years we'll be paying $160. Which will push the poor man out and the rich man in. And for this same reason, I won't support ROTR anymore. Just a bit of a heads up.
Yabby You fan
March 02, 2006 01:40PM
I look at it as "you get what you pay for." I also look at it as supporting a style of music that gets little support from radio and big labels. I'm confident we will get to see some big acts, and some of the more underground acts that rarely perform out west, like Linval Thompson, Johnny Clarke, Yabby You, etc.

This is only my second year of going, because of previous low funds, but eventually got a break with a decent job. For years I would imagine myself there at the festival, guessing what acts would be on stage at the moment. Finally I got to go last year. For those low on funds, have faith and determination, and someday you'll get your chance too.

Yabby You fan

March 02, 2006 02:02PM
Brethren and sistren,

Sounds like plenty $$$ to get in, but overstandable in these times. Also sounds like sooooooo much work to put on. Maybe that's why Daniel had such a time at WRIP1. $20 for 8 hours non-stop. Camping....if you wanna camp, cool. small island though so we all traveled home. (you could camp at many beaches along the drive home too) "Drunk driving" is not an issue as we don't drink and go reggae show. Maybe burn, but by 3:30 the heads clear for a drive home. BG, we all are waiting your return Home....

This is a classic case of Economics Out in the Raw (like why is toilet paper so damn expensive??)! Most of the reggae lyrics that come to SNWMF would benefit mostly the lower class lover. The spreader of joy, love, righteousness to the most needy. A struggling people that don't have the means to travel to any of these festivals. Yet the $$$ is up for entry. Also like Katrina times, how are the needy with ears to hear even make it out to the fairgrounds? Many here bust on ROTR in this regard, in contrast, are there any free shows that provide the message to the masses? Are there any artists the eyes can promote that are willing to give their time to the mission of spreading righteousness. In a way I put Midnite there, as Vaughn, Ron, and all, will give I a 5 hour show at times. (no need to bust here Jah Meek, cause I've often paid a $5 reciprication "entry" for a 5 hour Midnite show) Many VI artists can be found at the fish market in Freedom City (Fredricksted) sharing their inspiration at any hour of the day or night. I suppose this goes on inner city Cali way, but is there ever a "freedom" fest, inner city or ting??

ps - I miss the old prices too when cahn was ...................yes I stevo
re:tickets
March 02, 2006 02:27PM
I've noticed BIG increases in my electric and gas bills in Jan. and I'm wondering is also the case up north. The ripple effect of something like this could possibly be driving costs and therefore ticket prices up- could be one factor...
March 02, 2006 08:46PM
>Daniel those were estimates by the way, into math much???...
>@this rate in 5 years the festival will see some major changes...
>5000 limited tickets could turn interesting if it sandwiched between the humboldt & big chitty crowd*
>this just in Selecta7souN'systeM(R.A.W.#1792*) is available for this years snwmf dancehall celebration : )
>dub it ! ! !

Post Edited (03-02-06 20:59)

-RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login