Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Anybody Know the Venue

Posted by j.p. 
j.p.
Does Anybody Know the Venue
March 01, 2006 07:13PM
Is there stores close by (walking distance), super markets or otherwise?
Showers? Shade? A river? I've seen pictures of the area but would like a little insight on the actual venue and it's immediate surroundings. Anybody?
Re: Does Anybody Know the Venue
March 01, 2006 07:22PM
Showers, bath and toilets are situated in the river along with the fresh drinking water.

I like snow
March 01, 2006 07:47PM
Booneville is a very small town. There is a market located just accross the street from the venue, but they will no doubt be overwhelmed by our presence. I'm sure they will be given ample warning to stock up on the type of supplies festival goers will want to purchase, but the safest bet is to bring everything you need with you to the venue.

And I would definately suggest filling up with gasoline for your car in either Cloverdale or Ukiah, because there is only one gas station in town, and they will no doubt not have gas all weekend long...

The facility has some showers and toilets, and the festival will provide additional ones. There are some lovely oak trees and a redwood groove on the property, but both the arena (where the main stage will be located) and the camping area will be out in the open. The weather is generally a bit cooler than Angel's Camp so it shouldn't be as much of a problem. There is a grandstand to one side of the stage that will host about a grand's worth of people. The Navarro river runs all along highway 128, and it has some very lovely water holes. But the river doesn't run next to the venue and the good swimming holes are all about 10 miles further west.

Here's a link to the Anderson Valley Chamber of Commerce. They have more info about the area....

[www.andersonvalleychamber.com]

j.p.
March 02, 2006 07:27PM
THANKS FOR THE 411...PEACE
alisha
March 03, 2006 08:49AM
ooo i'm getting excited
March 03, 2006 11:34AM
any one going to the beer fest? i think i might go just to check out the venue before hand .
one love-juan love
March 04, 2006 03:25AM
Everyone check that Sunday of SNWMF is a new moon...?
March 05, 2006 09:11AM
Go Juan as we need a Beer preview ?? ;0)
and their is also a Organic grocer in town too it is within walking distance great little store and a deli
March 05, 2006 09:21AM
Never done much more than be in cars driving through booneville, but lived in Cloverdale for about a year when I was 5. At that point because the highway went straight through the town there wasn't the need for major chain stores or anything. It's changed a bit since they built the freeway around the town, I guess they modernized a bit to keep people coming in. Loved living in cloverdale at age 5, although now I imagine I'd be quite bored living that secluded from anything going on. Booneville seems to look really nice though, should be the perfect festival spot. Peace

Post Edited (03-05-06 09:21)

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
kyndgrl
March 05, 2006 08:17PM
sounds irie...cant wait!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login