Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brooklyn Welcomes Gregory Isaacs March 4th, 2006

Posted by kufunya 
Brooklyn Welcomes Gregory Isaacs March 4th, 2006
March 02, 2006 04:35AM
Concert Event Alert!
Team Legendary & Shell Cartel Entertainment Presents Live and in concert Gregory Isaacs and special guest Causion
After a five year absence on the performance circuit the legendary GI Returns to the heart of the Caribbean, Brooklyn to perform for eager fans on March 4th, 2006 @ Temptations 2210 Church Ave. (Bedford & Flatbush)

Gregory Isaacs is unstoppable. At a time when his lengthy career could reasonably be expected to slow down he has elevated himself once more right to the top of the tree, being numbered among the greatest of contemporary Jamaican vocalists. He remains entirely his own man, with a totally personal style. He is reckoned to be hard to work with yet everyone in Jamaica queues up to get him behind the mike. Gregory Isaacs is affectionately called the Cool Ruler, Dancehall Don, by fans and music industry heads has over 500 songs and 70 albums to his credit and still producing. He is Mr. Love of Lovers Rock, The Don of the Dancehall and The rebel in Reggae roots, 360 degrees of Life in music he still wear’s his crown.

2006, Moving in an upward direction,fans both old and new have high hopes, and life has bless Gregory Isaacs with full US tour, which started earlier this month on the West Coast where the cool ruler laid it down for the sold out 25th Annual Ragga Muffins celebrations in Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, California.

GI is a perfect example of persistence over comes resistance ever shining. He is a Humble man, Approachable Man. Come and bear witness and see the Don in action!

March 4th @ Temptations,

Gregory Isaacs In Concert!

Doors: 9pm Sharp

Concert 11pm Sharp!!!!!!

Information & Tickets-718-856-3336

Not to be Missed!
Re: Brooklyn Welcomes Gregory Isaacs March 4th, 2006
March 02, 2006 04:59AM
blessings for gregory
jAH TOotH
March 02, 2006 06:58AM
hopefully he's been laying off the crack
papa ray
March 02, 2006 01:30PM
Those who mis-use their gifts, those gifts can be taken away.
And who, tell me who, was ever given greater talents in Jamaican music
as songwriter, lyricist, the thoughtful rootsman, gentleman lover, philosopher,
vibes-man, and master vocalist??? No one I can think of, all in all.
Truth be told, over the years my turntable has probably clocked more
revolutions playing Cool Ruler than Bob. A unique talent. I just wish
it could have played out differently, for his sake especially.
March 02, 2006 01:47PM
yes papa ray,
at least i & i stayed with gregory even to this day...
i & i support the cool ruler still...
March 02, 2006 07:49PM
Everyone has flaws, and I'd venture to say the majority of reggae artists from the late 70s and throughout the 1980s touched coke at some point. Won't even both naming names, but safe to say it's tougher to make a list of who DIDN'T coke out at some point...

March 02, 2006 07:55PM
some like the slow s#it-some like the go s#it-
these people are human just like the rest of us.
one love-juan love
March 02, 2006 08:20PM
Some still do...and no I'm not gonna name names, they know who they are...
falsie
March 02, 2006 08:44PM
you all know how dennis brown died..... heard it was from sum bad crack rip. i hope it was not gregory that introduced that **** to the crown prince!
jb welda
March 02, 2006 08:49PM
didnt d brown die from pneumonia? there are lots of rumours about why pneumonia killed him.

d brown and g isaacs were brothers for life. you make the connections. but the world is a big place...to say someone introduced something to someone is being a bit naive. we all make our choices and feel the consequences.

one love
jah bill
March 02, 2006 11:47PM
word
dogwarbossanova
March 03, 2006 05:57AM
Brooklyn is the heart of the Caribbean?
March 03, 2006 06:16AM
please, bout introduce...it was all over the island before CIA even had time to distrubute it thruout US ghettos. And of course there was the 1970s, when powder was the party drug du jour throughout the entire music industry & beyond.

March 03, 2006 06:50PM
You got that right chimmy. When I passed thru Negril in '76 the tourists had already brought powder coke into JA, where it was starting to catch on amongst the local 'soul men' there; I also ran into it amongst some rich Americans & English (& of course the non-rasta local neighbors) in the Port Antonio area. When some CA rastas I knew started to get involved in weasel dust in the early 80s, I was dismayed and roundly discouraged it, having gone thru an unfortunate bout with it in the early 70s. I remember one JA dread who shall remain nameless here telling me "cocaine can mek yu see God, man!", to which my answer was, "yeah, sooner than you expect!" I know of at least a couple of cases of OD deaths which were discreetly attributed to 'heart attack' or 'stroke'...all in all coke/crack was & is the scourge of reggae music...
March 03, 2006 07:14PM
he/she who is without sin, let him/her cast the first stone.
March 03, 2006 08:26PM
Rootsee, can I take it you disagree, that coke/crack is not a scourge of reggae music? Or that I, who know first-hand what it can do to people, should keep my mouth shut?
jb welda
March 03, 2006 08:34PM
or he is just king of the "its all good" school of life...no matter what the emperical evidence may indicate?

one love
jah bill
a
March 03, 2006 11:17PM
i thought it was common knowledge dennis dies of a.r.c.
aids related complex. with no immunity left pneumonia kills most.
i thought this might be a way to open up the reggae world that aids isnt a battyman curse, and to keep some of these solomonic breeders aware of the risks, but no one talks about it. a
March 04, 2006 04:24AM
I think most everyone has figured out HIV being an equal-opportunity virus by now.
To be honest this is the first time I've heard DEB having had AIDS; if true I doubt it was obtained thru sexual contact and therefore not a part of his life which shoud be broadcast to the world...

March 09, 2006 08:56PM
just had gregory here on tuesday at the norva theatre in norfolk, va

while i was concerned how he would do on stage after seeing him barely able to speak words that could be understood and not moving too quick ... he dashed all that far away when he pranced pon stage and took the crowd on an excellent trip through his catalog ... while you can't hear him talk very well ... when he sings every word is loud and clear ... and the man is still dancin ... still ruling the cool ... hopefully the past is behind him and he can finish out his career in fine style ...
bee
March 09, 2006 09:06PM
good to hear that he is still rulin...

and yes, everyone knows that brooklyn is the heart of the caribbean- haven't you seen the blue water? the palm trees? the coconuts?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login