Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

Posted by djwood 
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
June 15, 2004 02:18AM
Just wondering if there are any other Rudeboys or Rudegirls that are as excited as I am to see the TSPO. They are one of the main reasons I'm coming up there from the SGV !! These guys remind me of the good ol' ska days when I was a young rudie. Don't get me wrong, I still love the roots and dancehall, but these guys are going to kick it up a notch!!!! Time to kick the BPM's up a notch!! LONG LIVE SKA!!!!!!
Re: Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
June 15, 2004 07:24AM
Oh yes - time fi bouncing (sha la la la lah)
June 15, 2004 11:59AM
I watched the video clip they have here on the sight. Looks like it'l be a fun band to see. I just recently got into ska, I have never heard of these guys before, but the last live ska show I went to rocked, so lets make it happen again!

June 15, 2004 06:32PM
Oh Yeah, I'm fully stoked that they are playing 2 days in a row!!! These guys are goin' to throw it down!!! Sure to get you up on your dancin' feet!!!
June 16, 2004 05:00PM
check out this band......www.betterchemistry.net
June 16, 2004 11:10PM
Prince Buster was great last year quite a few old mods, rudies and skins next year would be nice to see Hepcat. I saw them last year in SF lots of rudies and skins. I'm looking forward to seeing Spear and Tokyo Ska.
Sheeee
June 18, 2004 05:39PM
do you guys have a play list? What songs did they play? I am going to LA show on 23rd, very excited!
June 21, 2004 02:17AM
how 's their music? do you love them? they really want to make people happy, do you feel it? from tokyo, i always pray for excellent 10 guys and everything would be all right on this tour! if you go to see them in LA this tuesday or wednesday, you will excite more!!

June 21, 2004 04:23PM
TSPO was definately the highlight of the weekend for me.

I managed to catch them both times, Sat nite/Sun morning, and danced my ass off for both sets, sunshine be damned!

These guys put forth so much energy, that compared to their stage presence, I felt that most of the other artists were just sorta of going through the motions. Not that that was the case at all, but these 10 guys were jumping around so much, the stage barely contained them.

I hope that they do come back and make it to the big stage next year. I know that they would blow everyone away with their music. There aren't many groups from anywhere in the world with a sound like theirs.

And I think that most people forget that the ROOTS of REGGAE orginated with SKA.

You can't get any more roots than that! And to see that a band from another island nation half a world away from Jamaica can produce such a true sound proves that music is the international language understood by all!

If anyone is in the L.A. area, do whatever you can to see them Tues 22nd/Wed 23rd. You will not regret it.

Kind Herb

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Whether you suffer from glaucoma, or you just rented The Matrix,
medical marijuana can make things fabulous, medically!"

-- Homer J. Simpson

peter
June 21, 2004 06:53PM
Tokyo Ska Paradise stole the show. Perfectly tight, authentic. First time in USA!
June 21, 2004 07:57PM
That whole scene Saturday nite starting with the long sound check and then their dynamic intro was surreal to say the least.

I could hardly believe my eyes...now that was entertainment as will as something very different and unique. Excellent showmanship and musicianship. My hats off to these guys from Tokyo, I even bought
their CD for $18 just for the memories.

Everyone there was enjoying themselves, even if it was at the expense of missing part of burnin spears set at the main stage.

I stayed till the end of their set and my legs were sore the next day from dancing on the two directional sloping lawn in front of the stage.
June 22, 2004 10:48AM
Yeah - the sloping hill is MURDER on the legs, especially when a band is pumping the groove as hard as TSPO was - AWESOME!!!!
June 22, 2004 10:53AM
TSPO was absolutely the best act of the weekend. They really got the energy level soaring. I can say without any doubt, that these guys had the people dancing like no other act that weekend. I feel truly blessed to have seen their 1st US appearance. I hope they come back to Cali real soon. See you at the House of Blues!!!!!!
jb welda
June 22, 2004 10:55AM
i agree on this one with you djwood. i might not have thought them the absolute best but really they had to be a contender.

one love
jah bill
jjlab3
June 22, 2004 12:18PM
TSPO was one of the higlights of my weekend. On Sunday when I was real tired we sat in the shad and saw them again. Immediately I started felling better. They should be brought back next year for sure to the main stage.

Great energy, awesome musicianship and showmanship.
June 22, 2004 03:45PM
Oh yah! I went to the Valley Stage thinking it was time for Antibalas and was blessed with this super high energy ska! I thank my own super highness for leading me to the grooves!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login