Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WENT TO BOONVILLE 3-5-06

Posted by ras-pete 
WENT TO BOONVILLE 3-5-06
March 06, 2006 03:03PM
GREAT SITE!!! VERY SMALL TOWN CAFE,STORE, AND GAS STATION WITH RES..BEUTIFUL SMALL VALLEY.CAUTION!THE ROAD IS VERY TRICKY
Re: WENT TO BOONVILLE 3-5-06
March 06, 2006 05:08PM
The road leading into town from the main hwy is tricky? Why? Small, curvy, narrow? Is it well lit? I am planning to stay in Ukiah and drive back and forth. Thanks
old man
March 08, 2006 04:32AM
Yes, anybody? More on the road. We too are staying in Ukiah. Anybody?
jb welda
March 08, 2006 05:34AM
just keep your mind and eyes on the road and go slow and no worries.

one love
jah bill
riffy
March 08, 2006 05:35AM
I will likely stay in Ukiah. I know the area. Just be careful and you'll be fine. There are some sneaky hairpin corners in those parts. Remember it's semi-mountainess terrain (nearing the coastal region). Jah guides.
March 08, 2006 06:21AM
No worries I guess, I am from the Alps ... lol
what about late at night, after the show? that's a different story..
March 08, 2006 02:14PM
Good question about driving back at night! That's a concern of mine too. What about "the other guy"? Is there apt to be much drunk driving in that area at that time? I'm a pretty slow driver anyway. The speed limit in Guam is only 35 mph, but very few of us drive that slow. Some of the RAW Guam posse were staying in SF after last year's fest and heard that Bambu Station was playing that evening in Mendocino. We drove a pretty nerve-wracking road for hours at sunset and into the dark to get there, and then after the gig, drove back to SF. Beautiful drive though, even in the dark, Saw deer and racoon. Almost had a deer run into us on one sharp curve, but luckily we were only going about 15 mph and were able to swerve out of the way. I hope everyone has the sense to drive safely, and stay out of harm's way.

Jah Son
jb welda
March 08, 2006 05:28PM
the biggest problem is liable to be deer like jah son says. keep your eyes and mind on the road and you should be fine. if that is not possible rest in your car somewhere before continuing on.

one love
jah bill
March 08, 2006 05:38PM
It's a 20 mile piece of road, and at that time of night virtually the only ones using it will be people leaving the festival. If you need to rest up, do so before you hit the road. Drive carefully, leave PLENTY of room between you and the car in front of you, watch out for deer and you'll have no problems....
March 08, 2006 05:57PM
And watch out for the local biker gangs..

March 08, 2006 07:01PM
LOL LOL LOL.... Funny picture....Got motel reservations in Ukiah...nothing local available.Can't wait for this festival,I'm getting sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 08, 2006 07:27PM
Where you staying 420 Honey?

I am staying at Motel 6, perhaps some of us can car pool together?
I dont drink and smke and am a pretty good driver. smiling smiley
March 08, 2006 08:23PM
one thing i heard was don't plan on any consumer purchases there.

one small store. one gas station. town is gonna be tapped dry.

i gotta plan this year. always had the safeway across the levy in marysville and the glory hose across the highway in frogtown for those last minute snpa runs....
jb welda
March 08, 2006 08:58PM
>town is gonna be tapped dry.

i wouldnt really bet on that. these guys know we are coming and know that means a busy weekend if they keep essentials in stock. its how business operates. i suspect they will be prepared with surprisingly ample stocks. and then close down the rest of the year to spend the proceeds!

one love
jah bill
March 08, 2006 09:04PM
ja lover...staying at the SUNRISE INN MOTEL in Ukiah. Car pooling is a good idea...I don't drink,either. Not sure how many are going yet,too early.Keep in touch..maybe others will be interested in car pooling since it is a bit of a distance on a winding road.
If anyone else is staying in Ukiah we should hook-up at someone's place .....pre SNWMF energy.
March 08, 2006 11:24PM
The road is nothing, unless you have never left a freeway before. Beware of deer, their peak hour is right at dusk. There's also Philo a few miles away has a store. But there's lots of eateries in Boonville including the Anderson Valley Brewing Company, with some of the best beers ever.
humboldt native
March 09, 2006 08:51PM
used to go their when i brewed with sudwerk....the road is not that bad.but im used to curvey roads anyways
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login