Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Others

Posted by Ninjacat 
The Others
March 06, 2006 03:07PM
have begun to announce their line up. Sizzla, Anthony B, Sanchez, Heavyweight Dub Champion.......
Re: The Others
March 06, 2006 03:21PM
sigh....

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 06, 2006 03:32PM
Sanchez on the West Coast....bout damn time.

papa ray
March 06, 2006 06:18PM
Hey C, for what it's worth I've caught him twice, just OK, and I have a few of his records so to speak, so I wuz primed to check him. His stage-craft is not exactly
stellar----he's cool, but another guy who can cut a good recrod but not knock yuh out when caught live. Nice suit tho'.
March 07, 2006 01:51AM
i heard that chimino!
things are shaping up pretty good over there.
one love-juan love
Keylo
March 07, 2006 11:52AM
dont forget Gyptian. One of the biggest reggae artist in JA right now
March 07, 2006 03:27PM
ROTR seems to have the better lineup, at least thus far...
jb welda
March 07, 2006 03:40PM
>at least thus far

and thats the key (but i dont agree with your statement, too much headache style for me)...but mark my words: the joy has just begun.

one love
jah bill
March 07, 2006 03:55PM
I plan to be at both, so I'm hoping for the lineups to stay different. I feel you, JB, I just can't get over Anthony B.
March 07, 2006 04:12PM
got some of my favorites over there..the other side of Mendo
March 08, 2006 03:15PM
I've done both for the past 10 years. But this year I might skip SNWMF unless they do somthing big with the lineup. Spend more time at the national rainbow gathering. I can't just go and see the same old lineup...we'll see. Nuf respect due to the artists.
March 08, 2006 04:21PM
Saw Sanchez open for Don Carlos a few years back at Reggae at the Bowl in Santa Barabara- sick show, the ladies love dem some Sanchez. A lotta folks didn't even know who he was (Marleys were headlining) but once he hit a few notes the ladies were screaming for more. Sanchez and the Don stole the show from Ziggy, Steven, Julian, Damian, and Kymani. For the record, that was 1998, the first time I saw Damian. He didn't have much material back then, but it was obvious that he was the star of the family, and had huge things to come.

---peaces---
March 09, 2006 12:45PM
I'm not so sure about the "star" of the family: possibly of Bob's kids, but to me, Ky-Mani and Stephen haven't matured as artists yet, the way Damian has. Together, they have less material out than Damian, but I think they show the raw talent to have at least as good a career.
March 09, 2006 01:15PM
they better hurry up and stop doing bob covers cuz they are much older than damian and they get much less exposure (by their choice i think because they could open for damian at every show if they wanted). I agree they all have great talent and there is no doubt that kymani has my favorite voice of the bunch, I hope they start releasing albums, or at least some singles that are more than remakes...
March 09, 2006 04:13PM
Yeah, Ky-Mani is my favorite, too. His two albums are two of my favorite reggae albums to date, but I'm dissapointed in both his underexposure and the amount of time epapsed since his last release. Now, however, Damian is the star.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login