Enter The Dancehall 3/18 San Francisco
March 09, 2006 05:12AM
DeeCee
Re: Enter The Dancehall 3/18 San Francisco
March 09, 2006 05:59PM
come through ... only $5 before 10:30
March 09, 2006 06:13PM
Anyone who hasn't checked these parties at Club Six should make an effort to reach. Its a large warehouse-type space with three different rooms and three different bars.

There is usually a different vibe going in each room with live performances in one room, Hip-Hop Djs in another and there has been crucial dancehall vibes going on down in the basement.

I made it out last week and checked Masta Ace and Wordsworth..it was all the way live with a very hyped crowd. Respect goes out to DeeCee for maintaining the club scene in San Fran. -MK

DeeCee
March 09, 2006 06:15PM
Thank you Trinity .... just trying to give people a different perspective of how clubs can be in SF
DeeCee
March 10, 2006 04:27AM
March 10, 2006 06:03AM
Club Dread will be holding their annual soundclash that night, but I plan to pass thru the Club Six soon enough.

@Mike. I'll see ya there....

Post Edited (03-09-06 22:06)
DeeCee
March 10, 2006 08:40AM
I know..wish we could have combined them as one...would of been a good look ... I think both events will do well though ...

One love
DeeCee
March 10, 2006 07:14PM
March 10, 2006 08:08PM
i wish i lived a little closer deecee-i'de def. be a regular.
i have a couple of mixed cds of t.o.ks- those cats through it down!
big up on all your worx---------------------------------------------->>>>>>
one love-juan love
DeeCee
March 10, 2006 10:39PM
Thanks brother .... just trying to keep the dancehall scene alive and well in the Bay ..., also hipo-hop, salsa, reggaeton, and roots reggae..... smiling smiley
DeeCee
March 11, 2006 07:42PM
DeeCee
March 12, 2006 06:52PM
kyndgrl
March 12, 2006 09:44PM
thats gonna be a hard nihgt for sure...the soundclash, enter the dancehall, and also in the east bay, Montego to the Bay with Rankin Scroo, binghi Ghost, and Rocker Tee hosting...gonna be a nice time
DeeCee
March 12, 2006 10:31PM
I think they all should do well....with the soundclash pulling the hardcore dancehall heads, Enter The Dancehall pulling the party, dancehall/hip-hop crossover crowd, and Rankin scroo, Bingi Ghost, Rocker T giving all the live roots music lovers something to checkout........with millions of people in the Bay there should be enough to support all.....these are good time for Bay Area reggae.....we gotta keep the work going...

March 13, 2006 04:37AM
ah man, I wanted to go that Oaktown thing too....why everything can't be on seperate nights.

DeeCee
March 13, 2006 05:27AM
Chimino...you should hit Oakland early.......head to the clash that doesnt start til midnight...and then when clash ends head over to Club 6 on the late night...we go till about 3:30AM....see....you can do it all.........hit me on MyspaCE if you wanna get on guestlist...

by the way you should all add me

www.myspace.com/deecee
DeeCee
March 13, 2006 06:24PM
DeeCee
March 14, 2006 05:44AM
kyndgrl
March 14, 2006 05:21PM
well im hoping to go to oakland show, then get back for Dash Eye's set back in the city...yes a busy night for sure...does anyone know the exact location of the Binghi Ghost and Rankin Scroo show anyhow??? all i have is the address...

give thanks~
jb welda
March 14, 2006 05:23PM
>does anyone know the exact location of the Binghi Ghost and Rankin Scroo show
>anyhow??? all i have is the address...

the address would seem to be the exact location!

whats the address? maybe i can tell you, or use mapquest.

one love
jah bill
DeeCee
March 14, 2006 06:54PM
2222 MLK Way in Oakland........let them all know tha afterparty is @ Club 6..60 6th St SF..between Market and Mission.....we're going late.....
DeeCee
March 14, 2006 06:55PM
by the way Tribe of Kings will be spinning from 11:30 - 3:30 AM............
bg
March 14, 2006 07:14PM
boom. yes i, will tell everyone in the place to mek a trod over to your BASHMENT DeeCee, looking forward!

bless

bg
DeeCee
March 14, 2006 07:57PM
Nice boss.....also looking forward to you in the place...I think we have you and the Band in June...June 17th I think...if you don't know, now you do....put it on your calendar
bg
March 14, 2006 08:07PM
wahhh, that was news to me...give thx bredda DeeCee.
DeeCee
March 14, 2006 11:39PM
Always trying to keep it new and fresh
kyndgrl
March 15, 2006 03:04AM
thanks dee cee!! good, i was hoping not to miss them..thanks for bringing them to the city

bless
kyndgrl
March 15, 2006 03:20AM
"the address would seem to be the exact location!"

j b welda...thanks but i didnt need the sarcasm...i meant if anyone knew the cross street and such...geez..
March 15, 2006 03:24AM
yes, 2232 Marting Luther King Jr. Way @ west grand

The name of the club is 2232 MLK
DeeCee
March 15, 2006 03:37AM
Much respect to Binghi Ghost and Island Sound .... look out for them entering the dancehall in SF June 17th...just confirmed it today..........
DeeCee
March 15, 2006 07:44PM

ONLY $5 BEFORE 10:30

SAT MARCH 18
ENTER THE DANCEHALL

This month we are taking it hotter than ever and having it completely DJ drivin. 3 rooms of the hottest dancehall, reggae, hip-hop, and remixes. This month we have Toks and Daddy Rolo bringing the Reggae GoldSF vibe that they hold down every 4th Saturday @ The EndUp. Toks is teaming up with his partner DJ Henroc ...both have the lockdown on the East Bay as City Cat Sound...also our friends from San Diego, DashEye and Jester of Tribe of Kings, will be in the house...if you ask anyone and they will tell you that TOK has got San Diego reggae locked down..We also have DJ Riddm of Funky Riddm Records bringing the hottest mix of classics and culture....and resident djs Lonestar Sound featuring Uni-T and Daddy Rolo giving you the newest riddms outta yard

In the 3rd room The Formula DJs are taking over and bringing their massive party Body Rock to the venue...hip-hop, old-school, and R&B.....The Formula DJs are Neo Geo, Boogie Brown, and Calalo

and special guests are the newly formed FFL DJs featuring Mr.E and Blaqwest ... you know this night is gonna be crazy ....

so as always ... get there early and stay late

TRIBE OF KINGS SOUNDSYSTEM

Established in 1998, Tribe of Kings Soundsystem is a collective of selectors and promotors united for the purpose of spreading reggae music, it's culture, and the teachings of Ras Tafari. T.o.K Sound is known for it's legendary Sunday night jamdown sessions which have taken place every week for over 7 years thanks to the crucial support of the San Diego & Southern California reggae massive. Give thanks and praises for the wonderful opportunity we have been blessed with. See you in the dance.

March 15, 2006 08:27PM
Is this every Saturday night?
kyndgrl
March 15, 2006 09:29PM
no, dee cee's parties are about once a month...right dee cee?? lol!! but in general there is always things going on, at club six, milk, or other spots..
DeeCee
March 15, 2006 10:10PM
Enter The Dancehall is every 3rd Saturday @ Club 6 .... always at least 2 rooms of reggae and dancehall .... starting in May we will be putting a live reggae band in one....got Luna angel in May. Binghi Ghost w/full band & Green-Up Sound in June .... and Native Elements in July for my 2 Year anniversary ........

I also do a party called DeeCee's Soul Shakedown that is a mix of music types ... here is the flyer for the next one of those ....

I'm just trying to bring a new element to the SF club scene...a little more organic, but still full of fiyah!!
jb welda
March 15, 2006 10:35PM
"kynd"girl: get a clue and look it up on mapquest. what makes you think i was being sarcastic? i was going to tell you where it was if you posted the address...but do a little research yourself. be human and learn to use tools like the ad says. next youre going to ask where boonville is lol!

one love
jah bill
DeeCee
March 16, 2006 02:49AM
DeeCee
March 16, 2006 04:52PM
DeeCee
March 16, 2006 11:05PM
DeeCee
March 17, 2006 11:00AM
DeeCee
March 17, 2006 11:21PM
--------
DeeCee
March 18, 2006 07:14PM
It's o tonight .... over 300 people on the guestlist ... it's gonna be ram packed ... and guaranteed you are gonne hear some nice new tunes from Tribe Of Kings, Lonestar, and City Cat Sound.......
DeeCee
March 19, 2006 11:45AM
Over 900 people...told you all.....not one frown in the house...this is the New Bay Roots and Love Movement ... get ready
kyndgrl
March 20, 2006 11:20PM
yes I!! thanks deecee for the nice vibes at your party, see ya soon..I think people will enjoy the roots room now too, its a good touch!!
Bless~
jb welda
March 20, 2006 11:38PM
i cant believe something like this draws 900 people and meanwhile across the bay no one shows up to see foundation vocalist glen washington at the downlow the night before and before that. the sf scene is very weird.

one love
jah bill
DeeCee
March 21, 2006 12:11AM
Jah Bill ... it's like this ... I have spent 5 years building a strong foundation of supporters for my events ... this network includes a group of like minded promoters that work together to help each other out. I am out @ every Tuesday through Sunday reggae night in San Francisco .. I have 3 very well paid flyer promoters that also go out as much as I. Strangely enough none of us saw a flyer for the Glen Washington shows. Secondly I am a very available person. I'm on this board, myspace, weekly e-mails ... I even have a website ... www.soulshakedown.com ... I help anyone that asks. The promoter could have called me and i would gladly have helped him out. So in reality it's not that the people don't support, it's that they aren't informed. Promotion is not for the weak of heart. It is a 24/7 lifestyle. If I come off as cocky, that is not my intent. Just trying to give you the idea of all the hard work it has taken me to get to where I am and have the support that I have.
jb welda
March 21, 2006 12:28AM
yes i understand that and in fact it was me who brought up the lack of promotion for the glen washington show in another thread. i didnt post that above to take the wind out of your sails; im just commenting on what ive noticed as a continuing trend in the bay area over the past 30 years. by the way there were posters around, i saw some small flyers at wisdom records last week and there were some up on phone poles in berkeley i noticed, but obviously not enough or maybe nobody knows who glen washington is.

so, dont take what i said as a slap as obviously you do your work well to draw that many people but its a shame no one shows up for someone like glen washington, must make him feel like sh*t and im sure he wont be back in the area anytime soon...either that or the "promotor" (to use the term loosely, obviously) took a real bath. though i dont know for sure how the turn out was on friday, the reports from thursday were dismal. maybe the guy needed to line up some radio interviews etc to not only let people know he was in the area but also to increase awareness of what a rare occasion it was to have him in town with full band no less.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login