Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only 5,000

Posted by b_kel 
Only 5,000
March 09, 2006 10:08PM
Kind of alarmed to hear about the 5,000 ticket limit. What does this mean? How many were in attendance last year? last year? How fast will it sell out?
Re: Only 5,000
March 09, 2006 10:18PM
i was wondering if this 5000 included day passes as well?
one love-juan love
March 09, 2006 10:21PM
It means only a very limited number of single-day tickets will be available.

It means one should buy a ticket in advance if they want to attend this festival.

It means that we will be notifying people as tickets start to sell out so that everyone has fair warning.

Also, on-site camping will also be limited, so if you are or have purchased a ticket to this event, and want to camp there as well, better buy a camping ticket in advance..... remember 1 camping pass needed PER VEHICLE.

I don't know about last year's attendance, but there were more than 5,000 people at the festival each day dating back as far as my records go (1998).
March 10, 2006 12:15AM
That's what I would've thought.

Good to know you guys are going to keep us posted on tickets selling out, etc.

Tanks Daniel
March 10, 2006 12:20AM
Daniel,
How do you think this attendance limit will affect the festival? As in number of artist or quality of lineup or price increases over the next few years? Is there a lower overhead cost in boonsville as opposed to angel's camp? As you said yourself there were more than 5,000 every day of the last 7 festivals and I heared that last years attendance was lacking....
March 10, 2006 12:28AM
any idea on when early bird tickets will be sent out??
my camping check still has not been cashed.
jb welda
March 10, 2006 12:32AM
soon dirtweed, soon.

im not sure i agree with daniels figures if he means paid attendance per day. but he could know more than i do about it.

and im not sure why anyone would want to know when the tickets are near to sold out. there is no time like now to buy them. why wait till they are almost sold out and risk being frozen out in the hot cold?

one love
jah bill
March 10, 2006 12:39AM
This is why it would be good to know when tickets are running out: THERE ARE A LOT OF BROKE A$$ REGGAE FANS OUT THERE!

It's one of those things I buy when my budget allows. I am a broke college student who is extremely low on finances, and usually buy things at the last minute 'cause it takes me a while to save up/come up with the money.
jb welda
March 10, 2006 12:53AM
yes i understand that but if i tell you that we are down to the last 10 tickets right now (we are not) what are you going to do?

thats why i say its better to not wait any longer than you absolutely need to.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login