Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whatever Happened to(Mystic revealers)?

Posted by Xkaliba 
Whatever Happened to(Mystic revealers)?
March 10, 2006 12:32AM
Greetings Reggae Massive! Besides being a Upcoming Reggae artists out of St.Croix(V.I) InI am a Big Reggae Fan! My Father is A Rastafarian and this is the music InI was Raised Listening to! In the(90's)era there was a"Reggae" Band InI discovered on my own without the help of my father(Mystic Revealers)I only had(2)of there Albums(JAH-Works)and (Space and Time)After Owning these I never got any of the Others,But After Following"Reggae"over the years thru(Reggae Magazines,Internet,Radio,and Television)I've Noticed that they Dissapeared from the Scene? This was A Band That Impressed Me with a New-Vibes of Reggae,Before the Rise of"Midnite"and"Morgan Heritage" I Thought they were gonna Be Here for a Long Time(What Happened)?
jb welda
Re: Whatever Happened to(Mystic revealers)?
March 10, 2006 12:35AM
billy mystic took up surfing in ja for a living i think and he was in the vanguard of saving some beach there from development. had a web site about it. do a google search and maybe youll find it. havent heard anything more from them since the two albums you mention; they appeared at snwmf at least once back at marysville

one love
jah bill
sideways
March 10, 2006 01:19AM
Xkaliba
some members did do a few side projects, and i did happen to chek one out in SD at victors 3 or so years ago,before they stopped booking reggae events, and saw the keyboardest, playing with different people from elsewhere.
sounded good, but not anywhere as good as Mystic. small turnout.
like em so much,i got a nice ras label mystic t shirt i picked up, at some reggae shop in laguna 4 years ago.Did u ever pick up or hear their dubs? heavy-duty!
March 10, 2006 01:54AM
I heard that Billy Mystic recently was the star of a soap opera on Jamaican TV.
Played the Roots Mtn. Reggae Festival in '99, they performed too. Nice seeing them play live.
jb welda
March 10, 2006 02:15AM
yeah now that you mention it, i remember that too, the part about him being a regular in a tv program.

one love
jah bill
March 10, 2006 02:15AM
He had a tune on that Bob Dylan tribute that came out on Ras Records awhile back as well, forget off hand which tune he did. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
j.p.
March 10, 2006 02:37AM
yOU CAN'T COME TELL I BOUT RELIGION...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login