Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What does Rasta Mean To You

Posted by Sista Sanae 
What does Rasta Mean To You
June 15, 2004 04:37PM
I am seeking answers and knowledge from all. Please post what Rasta means to you and any information about traditions, lineage, philosophy, his/herstory, and so on. Please share and be open for conscious reasoning. Postive I-vibrations please.
Much Respect,
Sanae
sisterlil
Re: What does Rasta Mean To You
June 16, 2004 08:31AM
Sistren, I invite you to join the msn group. I have found much love and understanding from all the sistern in this group..
Praise H.I.M..
[groups.msn.com]
Sisterlil
Sis April
June 16, 2004 08:41AM
In raspect sistren, Haile Sisters International is a safe forum for RasTaFarI wombmen to reason.
If one is just learning about RasTaFarI it is most advisable to
#1 Read your Bible
#2 Seek earnestly in prayer
#3 Read the Kebra Negast
#4 Walk the walk- ital diet, modest dress, wear head covered, etc.
for once the I starts these practices it will slowly clear the bodily temple and make a place worthy for the Holy Spirit to dwell...that is when true overstanding comes. Then seek the forum.
Just I opinion....but I'm a little protective over InI Haile Sistren.....
shaunsta
June 16, 2004 08:46AM
Rastafari Salassie I , little did the world know this special Man of God is saving alot of souls from the pits of hell .this might be difficult for some people to understand. you might want to buy a book on it like Rastafari roots and ideology.
Rastafari saved me, and alot of others epsecially Jamaican Rasta's much love to them they brought it here to America. Thanks and Praises too the almighty Jah for everything he has given to us. Jah bless
June 16, 2004 10:29AM
Thanks sistren. I apprecilove it. Of course I know bits and pieces from many a rasta and many proclaimed rasta. I was trying to get a feel for the board. I appreilove all your input. Give Thanks. I am always open to learning and overstanding more; to improve my life.
Much Respect,
Sanae
June 16, 2004 01:28PM
Rasta means simply life in one love with friends family and environment, would you throw rocks at you brother, or steal from anyone, or **** in your bed, well the bed is a manufactured goods, this brings many webs of interconnectedness. Rasta brings it down to the simple heartbeat of life, what path you choose?
In the beggining there was birth, loving mother and hopefully father with an array of uncles/aunts all loving you, by virtue of birth. rasta is every thing the way is was in the begining and the way till the end.
June 21, 2004 10:01AM
PARA MI SIGNIFICA LA VIDA Y MIS ANHELOS PORQUE GRACIAS A RASTAFARI CONOCI UNA FLACA QUE ME ENSENO LA VIDA Y MUCHAS COSAS MAS

June 21, 2004 10:01AM
PARA MI SIGNIFICA LA VIDA Y MIS ANHLOS PORQUE GRACIAS A RASTAFARI CONOCI UNA FLACA QUE ME ENSENO LA VIDA Y MUCHAS COSAS MAS
aceman wrote:

> Rasta means simply life in one love with friends family and
> environment, would you throw rocks at you brother, or steal
> from anyone, or **** in your bed, well the bed is a
> manufactured goods, this brings many webs of
> interconnectedness. Rasta brings it down to the simple
> heartbeat of life, what path you choose?
> In the beggining there was birth, loving mother and hopefully
> father with an array of uncles/aunts all loving you, by virtue
> of birth. rasta is every thing the way is was in the begining
> and the way till the end.
June 21, 2004 01:28PM
Yes I Shaunsta... RastafarI Bless. The blessings of Sellassie I are the sweetest joy.
June 21, 2004 07:49PM
Do remember july 23 King Selassie I birthday.
June 22, 2004 06:08PM
ONENESS, UNITY, COMPASSION, MELLOW MOODS, GOOD RIDDIMS, READING, learning, teaching, GIVING, RECEIVING, LIVING in faith through blessing, through challenges be it, the judgements, the obsicles the all life presents you with, Sharing and EXPRESSING INNER LOVE, OFFERING OF HARMONY PEACE TRANQUILTY ONTO OTHERS, MASSIVE RESPECT FOR SELF TO OTHERS, LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! JAH GUIDES THE JOURNEY... my rasta creed to share with all. peace and blessings sisterens/brotherens. ital, irie i&i&i. in jah xr
July 05, 2004 06:46PM
Rastafari means many things, and one of them is continual reasoning to achieve higher consciousness.

Reasoning with knotty dreads in Jamaica spurred me to collaborate with an elder named Prince Williams, whom I met in 1992 and who struck me immediately as a wise soul. My esteem for his vision has only grown since then, and in 1997 we began work on an oral history in which he reasons about Rasta in the context of his own life. He was born in 1942 and lived and worked at a sugar estate called Hampden in Trelawny parish for many years. Prince sighted Rasta in the 1950s -- a time when Rastafarians were widely perceived with scorn and fear.

The book is called BOOK OF MEMORY: A RASTAFARI TESTIMONY, composed by Prince Williams, and I invite the snwmf board community to check it at www.CaribSound.com, where there are excerpts you can read. The book is not so much "about Rasta" so much as an encounter with Rasta consciousness.

After seven years' cultivation, BOOK OF MEMORY will be released in August 2004. It is a loving and subversive book, and I give thanks for the opportunity to work on it as editor.

- Michael Kuelker

Everyone haffi live a life
they can sing about
in their soul every*day*
- Prince Williams, composer of BOOK OF MEMORY
July 06, 2004 12:11PM
To me it means buzzword bingo itinually.
February 26, 2005 01:12PM
Rasta means a lot to IanI it teach I to always have a clean heart and open mind there are a lot of pagans out there to try and test IanI faith but I just try and humble myself and don't bother with them and the folly. IanI just start seeking Ras and I still trying to get more overstanding of this liberty. I just try read my bible and do jah works. If any Sistren want to link up with I can always email I,IanI always willing to learn more.

Blessed LOve
Seko
February 26, 2005 01:19PM
Rasta means life and life is eternal; to me that is the highest of living
HIGHPRAISE
February 26, 2005 02:17PM
We strongly object to sharp implements used in the desecration of the figure of man; eg., trimming and shaving, tattooing of the skin and cutting of the flesh.
We are basically vegetarians, outlawing the use of swine's flesh in any form,shell fishes, scaleless fishes, snails ect.
We worship and observe no other god but Rastafari , outlawing all other forms of pagan worship yet respecting all believers.
We love and respect the brotherhood of mankind,yet our first love is to the sons of Ham.
We disapprove and abhor utterly hate, jealousy, envy, deceit, guile, trechery , lust, greed, ect.
We do not agree to the pleasures of present- day society and its modern evils.
We are avowed to create a world of one brotherhood.
Our duty is to extend the hand of charity to any brother or sister in distress, firstly for if he or she is of the rastafari order--secondly, to any human, animals, plants,ect.
We do adhere to the ancient laws of Ethiopia.
Thou shall give no thought to the aid, titles and possession that the enemy in his fear may seek to bestow on you; resolution to your purpose is the love of Rastafari.

Taken from "The Rastafarians" Leonard E. Barrett, Sr.
Stevo
February 26, 2005 05:05PM
To follow the teachings of Christ, Jesus the Messiah. With one BIG difference........worship of a man, who walked the earth and worshiped Jesus Christ as his own God and Savior. That man being Selassie.

One question.....why did Selassie deny his own divinity if he was God? Did he not know? I don't ask to put down anyone's faith, or to judge. But definately to challenge a system of beliefs. Please answer sincerely.
-Stevo
calireggae
February 26, 2005 06:46PM
didn't jesus also deny his divinty?
February 26, 2005 07:31PM
In fact, Selassie set up the Ethiopian Orthodox church branches in JA & NY specifically to help Jamaicans connect with their own culture, because he felt Rastas were lost. So he actually tried converting them to Christianity.

Stevo
February 26, 2005 09:03PM
Christ did not deny his own divinity. He claimed diety. He did not advertise it in words, though most definately in deed. And when asked, he admitted it. When Jesus was betrayed and aprehended in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the Roman soldiers of Babylon told Him who they were seeking, Jesus replied "I AM" and they fell to the ground. Read about it in John 18:4-6. Christ claims this also in many other places in the Word.

"God said to Moses,'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Exodus 3:14

-Stevo
Stevo
February 26, 2005 09:07PM
Thanks Chimino, truly. This ah no joke ting. Respect.
Stevo
February 26, 2005 09:29PM
Also, I would like to point out that the Messiah fulfilled the law, and in doing so, brought a new covenant, in which no man needs to adhere to any Nazarite vows for salvation. Though these "disciplines" are MOST DEFINATELY A POSITIVE THING in any time. Even now. As Sis April points out, to purify your mind and body, to be the most suitable temple for the Holy Spirit. But the Spirit most definately comes first, because without the Spirit, we simply wouldn't do it. Because no one seeks Him on their own account. He seeks us. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith, and He promises to finish the good work he started in us.
-Stevo
calireggae
February 27, 2005 07:11AM
well I stand corrected
Maconha
February 27, 2005 08:53AM
"Why do you call me good? Only God is good..." Mark 10;18.
Yeshua's divinity was established during the Council of Nicea in 324 ad.
February 27, 2005 05:56PM

Wow!!!! This discussion just got real interesting, it started with;

"Being Rasta", and turned into a Messiah topic. It's interesting how so

many cultures and religions believe in being linked to the most high by

one particular human who has a special relationship to God, the

Supreme Eternal Lifeforce. We all are one, therefore we all have the

blessings and causes to be Buddhas,True Rasta bredren,sistrens,

Messengers, in our own individual ways, with one god,one aim, and

one destiny. Rasta is another example of a great movement which

cultivated into a religion by the prophecy which Marcus garvey remarked

and deeply discussed with many. It has been written and interpreted

by scholars and modern theologians.

Much Luv and raspect
February 27, 2005 06:06PM
Nothing.

light it up
February 27, 2005 08:16PM
By all means ask a real Rastafarian...
Stevo
February 27, 2005 11:31PM
Ras Mosis-
Give thanks for the reasoning.
I see a need to unite under one specific God, one specific aim, and one specific destiny. Just a reflection on the main distinguishing difference between the Buddhist philosophy and Christian/ Rasta philosophy.........
There is no need for salvation according to Buddhists. No Lamb and no Lion. Only man, and man's own efforts to overcome his own wicked nature. I know there are many who think man is generally good deep down. But I believe what the Bible says about that in Romans 3:10-18(desperately wicked). So you see there is no common bond between Rasta and Buddhist. Only the desire for one. Not turning to Jah Almighty, and turning to ourselves instead, is fighting against Jah. So as I would say everytime....there is no common ground between the beliefs of a Buddhist and a Christian/ Rasta. I would say the teachings of the Tao can help a man to reach higher heights, but not high enough to avoid God's judgement, because the Tao points to man, not God. Some say Jah is in every man. This is not from the Holy scriptures. Jah is in every true believer.
-Stevo
Stevo
February 27, 2005 11:42PM
just like to add......no Messiah=no Rasta.......no debate.
February 28, 2005 12:51PM

Right about no debate, only opinions and beliefs, and it's totally cool

if they are different. How can you reach higher levels without

reasonings? Looking at things in many perspectives, and coming to

your own realizations that we all got the potential if it's believed.

True belief in something can have a profound effect, especially

when actions are carried out. In our heart of hearts we all know what

is the irie way to be.
Dirtbag
February 28, 2005 01:10PM
>just like to add......no Messiah=no Rasta.......no debate.< Stevo wrote

please feel free to debate here about who the messiah is and do not wait until the night of the show and choose top of rv as a podium.
Stevo
February 28, 2005 01:59PM
My point is that one who does not believe in Messianic prophecy is not a Rasta. And that it's not really debatable, it's just a fact. It is true, that in order to be a Rasta, you must believe in Selassie as the Messiah/ God. Therefore.......no Messiah=no Rasta.

You don't have to worry about me on so much as a soap box @ Sierra DB. I honestly don't think that's the place for preaching on a grand scale. What's more, I've never been much of a public speaker. But I am always eager to reason on a personal level about God and His Word, to forward the good news of salvation, which we all need in this time.

Ras- It's difficult to forward truth among so many wolves(not this board, my meaning is the world in general). Often it's easier to watch and pray. But Jah calls us to forward it. It is definately wrong to give a pat of encouragement, on the back of those who would create there own FALSE methods of communing with the Almighty. In turn leading men astray to believe that "it's all good", no matter what floats your boat. I don't add or take away from the Holy Bible. By that, I mean, I don't regard any other teachings, written or not, as equally helpful to THE trod. Not the Kebra Negast, Quabalah, Garvey's Words, not the Tao or anything at all. I believe that It is sufficient, complete truth for us all. I say this, so that anyone can go and read about what I believe.
Once again give thanks for the reasoning.
"In our heart of hearts He will dwell, and that our souls know very well"
Faith without works is dead. Works without faith is just the same.
Respect-
Stevo

Dirtbag
February 28, 2005 02:06PM
just messin Stevo-
I was reffering to the guy that the cops had to take down friday or sat. night. This guy was screeming he was the messiah from atop an rv and calling everyone n**gers. He was an indian and someone had given him sum sillycyben if you catch me. The guy returned the next day sober and was still an as**ole, he walked up to me while I was picking up camp and just started talkin sh*t as if his problems were my fault. I had never even seen the guy before and didnt know he was the"messiah" until then.
anyhow I was just making some humor.
Stevo
February 28, 2005 02:16PM
I remember hearing about that guy. It sounds like it's a wonder I didn't hear him with my own ears though, right? Good lookin' out. I wasn't offended and ting.
-Stevo
Maconha
February 28, 2005 04:32PM
Bredren Stevo,
Raspect.

I&I overstanding of Buddhism is that there is salvation. Nirvana. Which literally means extinction, extinction that brings enlightment. Extintion of the desires(Tanha), the craving that leads to our suffering(Dukkha). So the goal in Buddhism is to liberate ourselves from our desires and clingings so that we can experience Bliss(Nirvana). Salvation, but achieved by ourselves, not by the grace of a God. Of course, it cannot be obtained without the grace of creation eighter, 4 if one don't seek, it won't reveal itself 2 one eighter. "Knock and it shall b open, Seek and you shall find"; that's I&I overstanding of Yeshua's teachings on salvation 2, not that it would be given 2 one as by the finger-choosing of a God seating on a throne above the clouds. Furthermore, the overstanding of the oneness of everything is crucial in Buddhism, and the same crucial overstanding is found in Rastafari verbally expressed by the term I&I. So Buddhism and Rastafari are not without a common ground. The turning inwards in Budhhism is not turning agaisnt God, but rather turning to the God inside of you, which is the only place 2 b found. The same is true w/ the Tao, which by no means points 2 man, but to the ......TAO!! That's the whole foundation of the Tao Te Ching. All our great teachers (give thanks) wanted 2 us 2 come 2 the same overstanding.
Tao, Nirvana, God, Father( the way Jesus refered to it), Mother( Changing Women in Navajo spirituality), however one wishes 2 call it, I&I overstanding is that they were all talking about the same thing, in different ways, because these teachings come from different regions and times in history, so communication has 2 take place according 2 the recipients, but there is only one Truth, one Reality.
Give thanks and praises itinually!
Raspect
Stevo
February 28, 2005 06:39PM
Thanks for the post Maconha. I admit, I don't know a lot about Buddhism or the Tao, in the details. So you definately bring new things to my attention. But I have been aware for a long time that they point to the God within and enlightenment as a result of man's own efforts. And this is my most significant disagreement. Though both different schools of overstanding attempt to deal with man's condition(continual wrong doing/thinking), which is of course, a common goal, I believe that only one of these truly solves the problem. Meaning, that no matter how high of a state we can reach by ourselves, it is not high enough. Not high enough to appease the Creator's perfect justice. Because He is not willing to forget past transgressions(apart from one turning to Him). So I would say that enlightenment by itself does not cover the past outiquities. Though it probably gives that impression. God's perfect justice is accompanied by His perfect mercy. The only way to satisfy both, is His plan laid out for a sacrificial payment or ransom. And the only sacrifice that is sufficient is Jesus. That's because He was sinless, because He was God. Part of the Trinity. The son. The sacrificial Lamb of God. Only Jah could devise such a perfect plan. This was the only answer. And it exists because He loves us so much.
The oneness that you speak of, the complete Inity of existence....I believe is true, but I don't draw the same conclusions.....ie, man is God, or that we must be part of God, because we came from God.
Once again, Give thanks for the positive reasonings.
Respect-
Stevo
Maconha
February 28, 2005 08:17PM
RASpect!
da theology u just mentioned...God's ransom(Yeshua' life)... was developed by the early church based on the teachings of Saul (Paul)of Tarsus(St. Paul), da editor of christian theology. Most of what christians believe 2day comes from Paul rather than Yeshua himself. Paul brought the concept of original sin to christianity, Yeshua neva mentioned dat. Not a single time. Paul developed da idea of ransom, dat da life of Yeshua brings us salvation; dat no matter what u do, all u got 2 do to be saved is 2 believe in your savior, God's ransom 2 u. I&I find dat quite contradictory w/ Yeshua's teachings, but I&I reason dat it fitted the mentality and goals of the church quite nice, culminating hundreds of years later w/ da selling of da "letters of indulgence", w/ which one could literally buy a place in heaven! Unfortunately, Christianity have been dramatically-tremendously-negatively impacted from day one by reason of the society under which Yeshua lived. Yeshua did say dat...there is no greater love than to lay one's life for one's idrens...and so he lay his 4 us (give thanks!), but I&I interpretation of dat event is dat he carried his cross 2 show us dat we 2 must carry ours. He surely carried his 4 us, so dat we could c; but from dat 2 :" i am done, Jesus carried it 4 me, c u in heaven!" is a tremendous distortion. Yeshua was a revolutionary and for da roman empire(who took over christianity) and 4 da church 2 have taught Yeshua's teachings accurately would have been 2 teach people 2 rebel. Institutions of empirialistic nature seek 2 control people, not 2 liberate them.
Among all spiritual teachers, Yeshua mos def has the most influence in I&I life(the most beautiful, exemplary, touching, and inspirational story I&I could ever hear), but I&I draw only from his life and teachings, leaving the after-christ convoluted theology only 2 teach I&I about the nature of da system. Allow I&I 2 recomend dat da bredren read da Dammapada (Buddhist text) and bout the life of da Buddha. da bredren might be surprise 2 find dat their lives(Siddharta & Yeshua) and teachings were strikingly similar. da difference is dat da Buddha didn't have the roman empire and da church 2 distorce his teachings. For a source of Yeshua's teachings untouched by the romans and early bishops, turn 2 the gospel of Thomas, found in 1947 in Nag Hammadi, upper Egypt, after being buried 4 a millenium and a half. Just 114 sayings by our great and beloved teacher.
Stevo
February 28, 2005 09:34PM
Your response is much appreciated Maconha. I see what you mean. Over the better part of last year, while working construction, I had many deep conversations about some of these points with my foreman. He's about twice my age +some(I'm 29), and is a product of the 60's in Northern Cali. I don't say that to cut on him, rather to lay some history down. This man is extremely well read, and has had experiences in "true belief" as a mormon(certainly no longer), though his views now seem to be almost identical to the ones you're bringing to this communication. He has sought teachings from guru's in person and from their writings as well as from a lot of alternative outlooks on the origins of the Bible and the teachings of Christ. There were quite a few occasions when he would not only quote from, but actually bring with him, the Gospel of Thomas. Which I believe, if God wanted this Gospel included in the Holy Scripture, it would be there. Meaning, Thomas' interpretation was not entirely profitable for edification. My friend would also point out the fact that there are many parallel teachings from various cultures, which are almost identical to the teachings/ story of Christ. Or simply messianic tales. Very interesting indeed. One important reason I am able to stand strong in my overstanding, and not sway, is this......I believe that the Almighty God has blessed us in the sense, that He has protected His Word, and that it has survived in the very form and structure that He willed. So that what I am reading today, in the Holy Bible, is not corrupted by man. My faith is in God's power to preserve this text, His Word, and not in man's power to corrupt it, add to it, take from it, or to change it in any way. Which would breech and distort any chance of having this great communication from God to us in it's complete form. As a true believer, I simply choose not to put my trust in the ammunition accumulated by man through experiences and/ or passed down teachings, to disprove or question the Holy Bible as most would find it today. Give Thanks.
-Stevo
Maconha
February 28, 2005 10:58PM
Much RASpect Bredren Stevo, 4 your unusual ability 2 reason so well, without taking offense or even jumping on da defense, like most people of such deep faith are inclined 2 do. Give thanks 4 your deep faith and openess. Add 2 dat, your raspect 4 others opinions (as i have seen in your exchange w/ other idrens as well as I&I), and it makes 4 I&I most positive and joyful reasoning in this whole forum. All of us have much 2 learn and benefit from these great qualities of yours. Truly a pleasure 2 reason w/ I&I.
Much RASpect. Give thanks itinually!!.......
Stevo
March 02, 2005 11:27AM
Maconha-
I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel the same way about you. Give thanks.
-Stevo
Jahmin
March 02, 2005 07:28PM
Its a puzzle and we all have a piece, lets put it together. Clear out the confusion Unity is the solution.
March 03, 2005 10:37AM
There can be only ONE. and I don't mean the Highlander
March 03, 2005 01:56PM
To me Rasta is the African Diaspora searching to find what it lost in the Middle Passage many years ago.

March 03, 2005 02:18PM
rasta a positive way of life
March 03, 2005 03:37PM
YES I CHIMINO, They who have ears, let them hear!!
March 03, 2005 09:18PM
Those who have eyes, let them see!!! That would definitely be true of its foundation Chimino. Being a born Jew and having relatives I never met, who decided to stay and get killed in the pogroms in Eastern Europe before The Holocaust rather than flee, it makes me sick in the stomach reading about The Middle Passage. Thankfully some relatives left for The States and I'm here today. Can't say the same thing about those caught up in the slave trade in that time. Where could they flee? Horrible!

fourtwentyplenty
March 04, 2005 09:11AM
Sizzla-Black History
Stevo
March 04, 2005 12:33PM
Don Carlos-Black History
March 04, 2005 12:34PM
Yes I
Maconha
March 04, 2005 01:07PM
what about da black holocaust dat is hapennin right now b4 our eyes in Africa?!!!...A report by da WHO just came out 2day stating dat almost 90 milhion of Africans will get contaminated w/ aids from now till 2025!...it stings I&I heart...Africa continuos rape...wordless...da report also stated dat dat number could b cut in half if da world takes action!...Will it?!...
March 04, 2005 01:37PM
History is no Mystery it is as clear as you say in this here time
March 04, 2005 05:07PM
the world should take action, but Africa must carry its own responsibilities as well. Heads of state making rape (especially of children) a much more severe crime than it is currently, allowing their populace to be educated on the disease (instead of pushing more ignorace), making AIDS eradication a top priority in general, etc.
The West owes most everything it has to Africa, so it must always help the continent whenever possible, but first the leaders there need to get their heads out of the sand.

March 07, 2005 06:46PM

Earth Crisis!! What are we going to do about it? i would like some

ideas or suggestions, if we all did our part, what an irie world it would

be." Got to be iron like the lion in zion",like R.N.M says.
March 08, 2005 09:55AM
"LETS GET TOGETHER TO FIGHT THIS HOLY ARMAGEDDEON, SO WHEN THE MAN COME, THERE WILL BE NO NO DOOM." THATS WHAT WE GOTTA DO! ALSO SAID BY R.N.M.
jb welda
March 08, 2005 09:59AM
>THERE WILL BE NO NO DOOM

i believe that would be "there will be no note due"

one love
jah bill
March 08, 2005 12:55PM
Funny how it is holds the same meaning
jb welda
March 08, 2005 01:00PM
there are many ways to skin a cat, ninja, but only one way to quote lyrics.

one love
jah bill
March 08, 2005 01:16PM
Oh yes I agree. I was just kind of lauhging cause I saw this cartoon in a High Times where these girls were singing "Taxi Bus, Movement of the People"
March 12, 2005 01:46PM
rasta mean to iandi is peace love and unity
farifoundation
March 12, 2005 02:08PM
too i Rastafari means Fya
j.p.
March 13, 2005 01:23AM
"taxi bus-movement of drunk people..." heard a drunk chick sing that once. LOL
July 12, 2005 11:53AM
This is an amazing forum... I must say, this is a great discussion.

UNITY! GIVE RESPECT TO ONE ANOTHER. CHERISH EVERY MOMENT with LOVE & COMPASSION. READING. BEING IN TUNE WITH YOUR SURROUNDING, LOOKING INTO WHAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY SUPPORTING, AWAKENED. THE BEGINNING IS THE END. LIVING AND WALKING BY FAITH ALONE. THE TIMES ARE CHANGING, I CAN FEEL IT. THANK YOU ALL!

AS MUCH AS WE THINK WE KNOW, THE LESS WE KNOW. THE WORLD IS FUZZY.
I DON'T EVER LIKE TO THINK I HAVE ALL THE ANWERS, ONLY HE DOES.

REMEMBER, WE ALL COME FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES, RELIGIONS AND PARTS OF THE WORLD, RESPECT!

PRAY For the MISSIONARIES IN HAITI RIGHT NOW, FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IF YOU CAN.
pale ryder
July 12, 2005 04:51PM
What Rasta means to me: Coming together in the face of a corporate society, and creating a connection with one another, and to god, whom ever one might call him/her.
What Christianity Means to me: Yeshua the redeemer of all.........
What Catholisism means to me: The Anti-Christ......
What Buddhism means to me: Sick chants...........
July 13, 2005 04:43AM
Author: Sista Irie (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: 07-12-05 22:00

Jahmeek, I feel your vibe. Hope we meet up one day.

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
July 14, 2005 10:19AM
HIGHPRAISE
July 14, 2005 11:36AM
LMAO.. FI REAL ...
July 14, 2005 02:10PM
now thats a dancehall..
reminds me of highschool in the bronx

&quot;It takes a whole village to raise a child&quot; African Proverb
July 16, 2005 09:01PM
Reminds me of high school too, but nuttin to do wit de dancehall! Yummy!

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
July 29, 2005 08:08AM
Reclaiming our identity, history and spiritual wealth from the downpressors who hold I down for generations, not being deceived by the devils tricks and loving strangers as you would your brothers and sisters.
March 03, 2006 05:33AM
Blessing fe all de Queens and Kings over dere.It is a precious ting fe sight JAH,JAH sons and dwatas living fegether in inity.Rasta means a lot fe i and i,first it inite i n i,second make i fe be proud of mine culture,origin and mine race. IMAN im a bingi warrior living in Botswana,single just looking for a real Queen.hope fe see one.JAH bless YOU ALL.PEACE.
March 03, 2006 08:18AM
a true rasta adds to the ongoing upward movement of all of jah peoples.
March 03, 2006 08:24AM
what rasta means to me is peace, love, equality for all races, sprituality, a connection to the heavens and earth, gives i meaning in a world where that is hard to find,to fight injustices and oppression no matter what the form or who the perpitratur, rasta in short means to me love for all

one love-hail h.i.m
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login