Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tuff Lion *IS* Touring with I Grade!

Posted by Timbre 
Tuff Lion *IS* Touring with I Grade!
March 10, 2006 02:22AM
It’s confirmed! Tuff Lion is on tour with the I Grade crew in support of Army, NiyoRah, and Abja. From what I hear, the Red I Band is a force to be reckoned with. In my opinion, Tuff lion is arguably one of the most recorded present day reggae guitarists and certainly one of the most adept multi-instrument musicians in the field. Add him to the I Grade mix and be assured that this will be one incredible string of shows.

Bay Area: don’t miss the show tonight (Fri 3/10) at the Independent!

Re: Tuff Lion *IS* Touring with I Grade!
March 10, 2006 07:37AM
Timbre..

Its true... Tuff Lion is in the city, and ready to raise the energy level. In addition to adding a soulful, bluesy edge to the Red I sound, his high harmonies compliment all three vocalist's style. His stage presence and leadership also give every other musician a level of confidence to really play out.

The sound quality at the Independent is unmatched for this size of venue, so it shoud definatley be bubbling in there tonight. Thanks for the post. Respect, MK

Presale tickets to tonight's event available here: [www.ticketweb.com]

March 10, 2006 09:15AM
CHECK DIS....

On Thursday, March 4th, the 9th Washington D.C. Annual Reggae Music Awards [www.dcreggaeawards.com] honored veteran guitarist and artist Tuff Lion with the "Best Male Vocalist" Award for his song "Good Works," which appeared on Bambu Station's Talkin' Roots II" compilation (Mt. Nebo Records.) Montseratt's native son Ijah Menelik was also honored for "Best Songwriter" and "Best Recording" for his efforts on his debut album, "Utopia," and his popular single, "Baggawire," which also appears on Bambu Station's Talkin' Roots II" (Mt. Nebo Records) compilation.

Tuff Lion's much acclaimed guitar licks appears on almost every popular reggae
album that has been released from the Virgin Islands to date. He first appeared
on Army's "Yesterday's News" (Glamorous) and recently produced Army's newest
album "Rasta Awake (IGrade.)" His melodies and hard-edged rhythm style can also be heard prolifically on Midnite's classic album, "Ras Mek Peace" (Mapleshade,) Dezarie's debut album, "Fya" (IGrade,) Bambu Station's phenomenal "One Day" (Mt. Nebo Records), the timeless "Talkin' Roots - Volume I" (Mt. Nebo Records) compilation and countless other outstanding works. Tuff Lion has also recorded substantially for Apple Gabriel, formerly of Israel Vibration, on his solo debut "Another Moses" (RAS) and will be featured on Junior Marvin's forthcoming album.

In the late 80's, Tuff Lion fronted the Bottom Lion Band which toured the
continental U.S., becoming one of America's foremost reggae bands. During that
time he released two noteworthy albums; "Sufferin' Strugglin'' and "I Am Reggae." He has selflessly produced countless artists to date through his
operation, The Outpost Studio in Hampton, Va. His soaring vocals, angelic
harmonies and cataclysmic guitar licks will be heard on his next solo project
entitled "Utterance," which is scheduled for release in the fall of 2006.
Promotional singles are being distributed to radio and can be requested at
<mailto:tuff_lion@hotmail.com>. Tuff Lion is currently on Tour in support of the IGrade Family Tour with Army, Abja and Niyo Rah and is sure to be featured on several top releases this year.

Ijah Menelik was honored with "Best Songwriter" and "Best Reggae Recording" by
the DCARMA and closed out the evenings performances with the audience on their
feet. In the fall of 2005, Ijah Menelik also co-headlined the "Talkin' Roots Tour 2005" and amazed audiences in Mexico, at the Dreadstock Festival and throughout the U.S. West Coast area where the Tour concluded. One of his live
performances was recently released on the "Talkin' Roots Tour 2005 - Live In
San Francisco" album (Mt. Nebo Records). Ijah self-produced and released his debut album "Utopia" in2005 on his Shashamane Militant Youth record label [www.shashamanemovement.com] and is currently working on his sophomore album "I-Testament" with BambuStation.

Both Tuff Lion and Ijah Menelik are available for interviews upon request and
their latest projects can be found at [www.mtneborecords.com]

Post Edited (03-10-06 09:20)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
joseph
March 10, 2006 10:57AM
When will that album from Tuff Lion gonna be released?

Someboday ask TL tonite!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login