Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Four nights of Roots Reggae Hit the Island of Maui!

Posted by iriea 
March 10, 2006 02:13PM
For Immediate Release:

Ras Gabriel & the 4-Word Band featuring Shoshana B.
And Special Guest Jus Goodie.

Friday, March 24 - Charley’s in Paia
$10 @ door, Show 9:30pm, 21+

Thursday, March 30 - Hapas in Kihei

Friday, March 31 - Mandala Ethnic Arts in Paia
Acoustic ALL AGES Show - $10 @ door

Saturday, April 1 - Waveriders in Lahaina

For more show info go to:
For press inquiries please contact Amy Shapas of So You Can at 831-479-0711 or soyoucan@sbcglobal.net

Fresh off the Sugar Minott tour, which included dates in Hawaii with Junior Reid and Everton Blender and a big show in Jamaica, Jus Goodie will hit the Island of Maui with local favorites Ras Gabriel And The 4-Word Band for four nights. Blessed with a smooth silky voice and the ability to rock the mic inna dancehall, singing both in Hebrew and English. Jus Goodie is currently touring in support of his new release ‘Freedom Song’ on the Zionway Recordings Label. With big tunes “Do Good” and “Nice Inna Session” being aired coast-to-coast, Goodie is poised and ready fe de world.

Ras Gabriel & the 4-Word Band Bio:
4-Word's music is a blend of roots and dancehall, producing a "singjay" style of original lyrics in three part harmony. The positive sound and message of 4-Word is that of unity and upliftment. 4-Word is a voice for the Rasta today, sharing the fruits of wisdom planted by our ancestors.

Reggae music is like a trumpet calling "I n' I" to dance and celebrate in a positive way. Our intention as reggae musicians is to unite the people in this World- and Music is our common language!

4-Word began its musical journey over a decade ago under the tutelage of Reggae veteran Sequoia, who has in his twenty-five years in the movement, played with folks as diverse as Apple Gabriel of Israel Vibrations to Bo Diddly!

Lead singer, Ras Gabriel was also taught in the traditional rhythm of Nyahbingi by his elder, Ras Menelek. Ras Gabriel has played keyboards for the Meditations, one of Jamaica's top vocal trios. 4-Word has been uplifting audiences around the nation for over a decade now, creating danceable grooves and an Irie Vibration!

Ras Gabriel and 4-Word have released two CD's. The first entitled "Trumpet in The West" and their newest one, "Love n' Roots", were both recorded on the Big Island of Hawaii at Lionheart Studios.

Jus Goodie Bio:
Justin Goodman {Jus Goodie} is a multitalented artist and producer, combining the elements of vintage reggae, Motown soul music and classic R&B. His material is rooted in the spiritual message of liberation, a crucial component of the vibrant reggae scene worldwide. Jus Goodie grew up in a Jewish household surrounded by Hebrew music. This, along with a life-changing trip to Jamaica at the age of 14, helped to evolve Jus Goodie’s original reggae style.

Born 1979 in Chicago, IL and raised in Detroit, MI, Jus Goodie learned early on about the rhythms of contemporary urban music and culture and soon found himself comfortable on stage. Jus Goodie grew up in a musical home. His mother, a classically trained pianist and singer, encouraged him to play and sing at a very young age. At seven years of age, he received his first electric guitar—he is now a very proficient lead and rhythm guitarist in his own right.

His CD release “Freedom Song,” recorded at Zionway Studios in Boulder, Colorado’s, Nix Nax studio in Oracabessa, Jamaica and School House studio in Rollinsville, Colorado, is fast approaching a second pressing. Strong rhythms and a sweet, silky vocal style make this collection of songs on the Boulder, Colorado-based Zionway Recordings label one of America’s finest debut set. Goodie’s diverse talents are featured through out this 13-song CD. From the bouncy, uplifting 1st track Do Good, to the anthem sing-jay style title-track Freedom Song, Jus Goodie joins the ranks of classic reggae singers such as Beres Hammond and Dennis Brown.

As lead singer of Jah Family Band, Jus Goodie has toured extensively in the western U.S. as a headline act and as a support act he has shared the stage with the likes of Luciano, Gregory Isaccs, Morgan Heritage, Anthony B, The Meditations Yami Bolo, Everton Blender, Eek-A-Mouse, Sizzla, Capleton, Culture, Damian Marley, Burning Spear and Hasidic reggae star Matisyahu, who invited Goodie to sing with him at the 2005 Reggae On The Rocks.

In the fall of 2005, Jus Goodie had the privilege to be part of the Sugar Minott tour of the Western U.S, Hawaii and Western Canada. Goodie is often co-billed on tour with label-mate Rocker T, and was recently a feature-performer at Sugar Minott’s Reggae In The Hills in Clarendon, Jamaica. Goodie performed at the Soul Rebel Festival and the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival with Rocker T, and will be one of the featured artists at the 1st annual Poudre River Reggae Festival in Northern Colorado.

When not on tour or in Boulder Colorado, Jus Goodie can be found in Oracabessa, Jamaica, where he records and produces for Nix Nax studio with childhood friend Benji “King Jazzy.” Jus Goodie also plays alongside a local youth band in St Mary’s, Jamaica and teaches music at the Oracabessa Secondary school and Nix Nax Primary school.

As fresh as the Caribbean breeze and as clear as sunlight on the Rocky Mountains, Jus Goodie’s music “will take you there.” With production concepts and performance skills that hypnotize, strength of melody, diverse sounds and a silky smooth voice, Jus Goodie is an inspirational artist that can uplift to the highest of highs.
Visit www.zionway.net for more info!
Re: Four nights of Roots Reggae Hit the Island of Maui!
March 10, 2006 02:15PM
And another 4 dayz inna southern california after that

March 10, 2006 02:22PM
you read my mind Daniel smiling smiley
March 10, 2006 02:47PM
Yes..4Word opened a Prezident Brown show for me a few years back and brought a nice vibe. That was when Stephen Robinson was playing Keys and singing background vocals, which for me was the strongest part of the unit.

Good to see that Ras Gabriel is still forwarding the works. -MK
March 10, 2006 02:55PM
Just FYI (I'm pretty sure you know this Mike) S Robinson is living in the Santa Cruz area & is now a full time member of Root Awakening. And he also has some serious toasting skills in either roots or dancehall style.
March 11, 2006 06:04AM
igrade is also on the way to the Hawaii islands. I don't know if the venues have been confirmed, but do think they will come for a visit this time.

Army, Abja, Niyorah w/ Tuff lion and Red-I

21-Mar Tues Oahu @ TBA
22-Mar Wed Oahu @ TBA
23-Mar Thur Oahu @ TBA
24-Mar Fri Maui @ TBA
25-Mar Sat Kona @ TBA
26-Mar Sun Kawaii @ Venue TBA
27-Mar Mon DAY OFF - Kawaii

viroots.com
March 11, 2006 08:01AM
> Blessed with a smooth silky voice and the ability to rock the mic inna dancehall, singing both in Hebrew and English. Jus Goodie...

here's a GREAT example of a reggae artist singing uin Hebrew...

> That was when Stephen Robinson was playing Keys and singing background vocals, which for me was the strongest part of the unit.
> ...he also has some serious toasting skills in either roots or dancehall style.

I felt so too, Mike & Herb, dat guy Stephen is criss!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 11, 2006 08:36AM
best wishes to ooklah the moc...
mash it up mi breddas...play good!!!!!!!

one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login