BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!
Re: BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!
March 12, 2006 09:27PM
yaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!leana thompson wrote:

> BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!
weak sauce
March 13, 2006 02:15AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
March 13, 2006 03:47AM
who are they?

michael
March 13, 2006 04:29AM
their a group originally from Chico. Kind of that cali-style reggae, except better than most of those other groups. I did a show with them a few years back, really good people to work with in terms of bringing the best show they could to an insanley small crowd in petaluma. I've seen them throw down pretty rootsy when they like to. I wouldn't mind seeing them at all earlier in the day on one of the stages. Certainly a better choice than Pepper, Shaggy, etc....

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
Kel-I Bubbler
March 13, 2006 06:14AM
Heard "Sweet Sensimilla" on Bahliman's broadcast. Not too bad.
miguel
March 13, 2006 06:37AM
we play with mystic roots all the time...they are good guys. they definetely give it their all everytime they play. they have two sax players that play with them now that really fills out things nice. definetely more cali style reggae...mixed with hip hop...kinda like chapter 11 if any of you went to long beach...
March 13, 2006 01:14PM
Mystic Roots sound is great....Book em Danno!
March 13, 2006 03:30PM
Mystic Roots is nothin but chill good energy music. Anytime they're involved they'll make a good contribution, that's for damn sure. BRING ON SOME MYSTIC ROOTS!!!1
March 13, 2006 05:01PM
Mystic Roots - Chico band. They are awesome.

[www.mysticroots.com]

Post Edited (03-13-06 09:01)
March 14, 2006 06:56AM
Bring MYSTIC ROOTS!!!
BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!
March 14, 2006 04:19PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THE MYSTIC ROOTS BACK!!!! We all love them soooooo much, their music is so postive and they are all very talented. you will not find another band like this to fill the spot, if this is a Sierra Nevada Fest that we are talking about, who better to play and represent the Chico, Cali lifestyle better than the Mystic Roots???? NO-ONE!!!!!! I know that if they are they are there I will definetly be there

ONE LOVE TO ALL, Shey
BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!
March 14, 2006 04:19PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THE MYSTIC ROOTS BACK!!!! We all love them soooooo much, their music is so postive and they are all very talented. you will not find another band like this to fill the spot, if this is a Sierra Nevada Fest that we are talking about, who better to play and represent the Chico, Cali lifestyle better than the Mystic Roots???? NO-ONE!!!!!! I know that if they are they are there I will definetly be there

ONE LOVE TO ALL, Shey

March 14, 2006 04:27PM
mystic roots i hope that you all get a spot in snwmf 2006...
i hope that another usabb band, ooklah from hawaii gets a spot too,

bless,
one peace roots-ee
<[groups.yahoo.com] bands>
[thearkband.com]
[littlemunk.com]
[littlemunk.com];
Diesel
March 14, 2006 07:44PM
Im always up for a Mystic Roots show. I always have the greatest time at there shows. Book them
March 14, 2006 07:59PM
Has Mytic Roots ever performed at SNWMF Shey? Personally, if you take out the "C" and rearrange the letters in their first name a bit, and then add an "In" in between the 2 words, I would favor bringing that band forward 1000%!!!!!!
March 15, 2006 03:07AM
BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!!
March 15, 2006 08:53PM
Got my vote!

Ever Forward
Empress
March 15, 2006 09:22PM
hey hey dan,

yes man, bring em both!!!!!!!!!!

mystic roots and MIR both
March 15, 2006 10:48PM
These guys are bangin'! Perfect for a live showing at one of your stages. They bring a lot of energy to their shows and always get the crowd into their style you can only find in a band originally from northern Cali. They definitely need to be heard live to understand! A Must Have!
March 15, 2006 10:56PM
Mystic Roots are amazing!!!!! they have the chillest music. Whenever they are in the chi town area you know where ima be with a blunt and a forty
March 15, 2006 11:57PM
Support Independant Cali artists!!! They are really Doing it bring them to the River!!!
March 16, 2006 02:52AM
Yea i have seen them live they are one cool ass band i woud love to see them there BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!!!!
March 16, 2006 03:08AM
I aint feelin it....

... sigh ...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 16, 2006 07:17PM
Just do it already! Book Mystic Roots!
March 16, 2006 08:11PM
threads like this are NOT the way ones get hired to do a set at ANY festival, mithinks

... sigh ...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 17, 2006 10:00PM
SO GOOD LIVE!

Ras Danny. . . you must be old, fat, and tired to be sighing so much.

Book Mystic Roots!

March 17, 2006 10:08PM
Gotta disagree with you there Ras Danny. If you look at who performed last year, you will see that (except for maybe Shaggy), most of the arists were the ones most requested on this forum for the year preceeding the event. Of course I'm sure that Warren looks to see who is making the request, and where it is someone like Tracy Jordan, who has never posted anything here other then requesting MR, it's taken with a grain of salt....
March 17, 2006 10:50PM
I hope to see MRB there this year. If not, I'm not going!
March 18, 2006 12:32AM
Why? Are you in the band?
jah love
March 18, 2006 03:06AM
they are posting bulletins on myspace telling everyone to go to snwmf and rotr forums and post requests to bring them out....i bet none of these people posting have ever been to snwmf or have a desire to go...
March 18, 2006 03:32AM
--> Ras Danny. . . you must be....

well deh are pictures of I on this Phorum, if you were a regular user/attendee then you mite areddy KNOW what I "must be..." or look like...

and Daniel, I do know that ones who book for snwmf do check here for what da people want to hear/see, but I was refering to this particular campaign to "stir up intrest" in this particular group... most folks name a bunch of different groups/singers/artists that they would love to see, usually in one or two on-going threads, as opposed to the "assault" that we have been subjected to with the followers of this one band, with not just one thread (with the focus being ONE BAND) but NUMEROUS threads (ALL with the focus on just this one band) and quite frankly, I'm ... SIIIIIGHHHH !!!... tired of it.... not to mention that I have seen this band before, and I have been to their website... and like I said above...

I aint feelin it....
but still, dats jus imho

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 18, 2006 04:03AM
dan f said
...if you take out the "C" and rearrange the letters in their first name a bit, and then add an "In" in between the 2 words, I would favor bringing that band forward 1000%!!!!!!

so will it be in 06 ( or 07? )
March 18, 2006 06:55AM
That's not my call rootsee, or it would have been 00. Question IS, will rootsee be coming in 06 ( or 07? )

Ras Danny, I know the difference between a PR campaign and genuine interest from the snwmf family, and am sure Warren does as well. I just didn't want the reggae community thinking their voice wasn't being heard, and that would include Mystic Roots. They may not be my cup of tea either, but i'll be the first to admit i got strange taste when it comes to music, and this is more about what the people want, not just you or i...
March 18, 2006 08:16PM
Bless up everyone...I've just been looking at the recent posts and wanted to remind all of the SNWMF massive, that we, MRB, have nothing but love for all the reggae community. The fans, and the ones who don't care for us, we send good vibes and blessings to all. We have no problem with Ras Danny,or any of the other people who may not dig our music. We do create a very different kind of reggae... not all the way roots, not all the way dance-hall, not all the way ska... just music that WE, the band, is feeling through OUR souls... and for some of the world, it may not be their cup of tea. But that's all good, and IRIE, as long as we all share love. Let's keep the vibes here positive on all sides! We issued this post on another thread and I will copy it here:

We heard today that a posted bulletin on our Myspace board started a grassroots effort (campaign) to get posting up here for fan requests. Whoever started this had the BEST intent and though we do totally appreciate the support being shown, we do not know if this method is effective. If anything, maybe all posts can be replies on one single thread? That way the voice can be heard without fulling taking over the board here. It may get overwhelming and annoy the admin and guests more than help get support.

The same thing happened with ROTR, and we don't want this show of support to backfire... The members of Mystic Roots have MUCH love for Warren and Family, Epiphany, the staff and everyone involved and don't want to annoy anyone through our fan base. I myself used to work for SNWMF as a radio promoter in Chico and we love all aspects of the show.

Many of us in the band have been attending SNWMF throughout the years, from Marysville (under the freeway!), to Angel's camp, and are looking forward to the new Mendo locale!

If the show has a spot for us, I'm sure they will let us know. We did submit. And if not, maybe another year. We would sincerely love to perform our music.

Either way, give thanks for the good intentions and again, maybe keep it all on one thread...

Jah guide and much love to you all.

-MRB

March 20, 2006 06:03AM
Bring Mystic Roots Band to the World Music Fest, please!!!!
BRING MISTY IN ROOTS
March 20, 2006 06:08AM
I prefer Misty In Roots please over mystic roots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROOTS FAN
March 21, 2006 04:28AM
SEEN MISTY IN ROOTS LAST YEAR IN LONG BEACH AND SAN DEIGO. ALSO SEEN THEM THIS YEAR IN S.F.,S.C.,L.B.,AND S.D.THIER SHOW THIS YEAR WAS DIFFERENT THEN LAST YEAR.THEY HAD THE HORN SECTION THIS YEAR. THE SONG (COVER UP) IN ALL THE SHOWS SOUNDED LIKE THE CD.LAST YEAR I MET THE LEAD SINGER POKO .THIS YEAR I WAS WAS CHILLING WITH ONE OF THE GUITAR PLAYERS , BASS PLAYER , AND MANAGER IN SAN DEIGO ,ALL WERE SUPER IRIE PEOPLE. HOOE TO SEE THEM AT S.N.W.M.F.06

MMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYY....IIIIINNNN......RRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS
March 21, 2006 04:40AM
ron-i and roots fan,
i read Misty in Roots and i perk up...
March 21, 2006 05:39AM
--> I just didn't want the reggae community thinking their voice wasn't being heard, and that would include Mystic
--> Roots. They may not be my cup of tea either, but i'll be the first to admit i got strange taste when it comes
--> to music, and this is more about what the people want, not just you or i...

honestly I do real-eyes this, and not evryone who attends snwmf writes on (or even reads) this Phorum, not even evryone who reads here, writes, so the ones that do kinda stand out... so ya'll be not troubled by my stating my opinion, it's just that - my opinion... based 'pon my tastes, I am not opposed to ANY buddy getting on the line-up, I'm just stating what I like or don't like... if any certain group that I do not care for gets on, then there is certainly something I can do while they are doing their thing... duh, like it hasn't happened yet alreddy...

and like a next One seh above^ ... I want MISTY IN ROOTS!!!!

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
jb welda
March 21, 2006 07:36AM
i heard a mystic roots cd the other day. i was struck by the use of dialogue from south park on one track. could someone from the band tell me what it took to clear that sample? im mostly interested in knowing if south park creators like reggae like simpsons/life in hell creator matt groening is known to.

one love
jah bill
March 21, 2006 02:24PM
ras danny...maybe misty in roots can come up to p-land too? any good possibilities uo that side?
March 21, 2006 02:28PM
alwehz a possibility...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 21, 2006 02:36PM
Mystic Roots = The realist band to come out of California, or even the United States in a long time. Bob Marely would be proud to support these guys, and so am I. I love their music, it creates one of the best live music atmosphere's I've ever experienced. BRING MYSTIC ROOTS!!!!!!
March 21, 2006 03:18PM
Mystic Roots is a good band.
maybe everyone doesn't love them.
But I DO!

Please consider bringing Mystic Roots to SNWMF!
March 21, 2006 08:17PM
Misty In Roots !!! BOOOOMMM!!!

...ooh ....

... sigh ...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 23, 2006 12:29AM
Bring Mystic Roots Band to the World Music Fest, please!!!! Their show is full of positive energy. Mystic Roots rocks reggae...
Brett
March 23, 2006 02:40AM
Yeah, bring the mystic roots, their music is awesome
March 24, 2006 10:04PM
love the mystic roots pass that spliff.............
March 25, 2006 12:30AM
MYSTIC ROOTS for sure! it'll be worth it, think of the marketting with all the college kiddies. doooo it...
March 25, 2006 01:11AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Long-time roots favorites, MYSTIC ROOTS BAND, is going on tour after re-releasing their classic album, “Constant Struggle” with added bonus tracks after signing on with Cornerstone R.A.S. (Formerly Skunk Records)!

The underground classic album that has gained MRB fans all over the world, Constant Struggle, is finally being released in stores nationwide. After singing with Cornerstone R.A.S. (who also represents Sublime, Half Pint, Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Public Enemy and many more), the Mystic Roots Band has re-released their breakthrough album, which includes new bonus tracks.

Reggae legend, Barrington Levy collaborates with MRB on “Teach the Youths” bringing new blood to his classic song. If you’ve already got the original version of Constant Struggle, check out the bonus tracks – you’ll love them! If you’ve never checked out MRB – now’s the time!

Embarking on their first national tour in support of their re-released album, Mystic Roots Band will be heading to a town near you. Here are the confirmed dates – more dates coming soon!

Thursday, March 30 – Club Contour – Seattle, WA $7 – Doors 8pm
Friday, March 31 – O’Blarney’s – Olympia, WA

Saturday, April 1 – Studio Seven – Seattle, WA - $12/$15 – 9pm doors
Tuesday, April 4 – Platinum – Corvallis, OR - $3 – Doors 8pm
Wednesday, April 5 – Nector Lounge – Seattle, WA - $7, ladies free til 11pm – 9pm doors
Thursday, April 6 – TBA – Boise, ID
Friday, April 7 – Whisky Jacques – Ketchum, ID - $5 – 9pm doors
Saturday, April 8 – Hawaiian Nationals Telemark Race – Sun Valley, ID – Free - 3pm show

Wednesday, April 12 – The Red Fish – Boulder, CO - $2 cover after 10pm – 9pm show
Thursday, April 13 – The Black Sheep – Colorado Springs, CO
Friday, April 14 – The PS Collective – Omaha, NE - $5 – Doors 8pm
Saturday, April 15 – TBA – South Dakota

Sunday, April 16 – TBA – Minnesota
Monday, April 17 – TBA – Chicago, IL
Tuesday, April 18 – TBA – Philadelphia, PA
Wednesday, April 19 – Denny’s – Erie, PA
Thursday, April 20 – Headz Magazine 420 Part @ The Haunt – Ithaca, NY
Friday, April 21 – TBA – Virginia
Saturday, April 22 – TBA – El Paso, TX
Sunday, April 23 – TBA – Tulsa, OK

Monday, April 24 – Santa Fe, NM
Tuesday, April 25 – Hopi Veterans Center – Kykotsmovi, AZ – 9pm show
Wednesday, April 26 – The Ketchina Lounge – Taos, NM - $7 – 9pm show
Thursday, April 27 – TBA – Tuscon, AZ
Friday, April 28 – Bash on Ash – Tempe, AZ - $8 – 9pm show
Saturday, April 29 – American Legion – San Diego, CA - $10/$12 – 9pm show

If you’ve never heard Mystic Roots Band – here’s a little info about them. You can also check out www.mysticroots.com

Serving up an original style based in reggae, hip-hop, and dancehall, with overtones of rock, funk, and ska, Mystic Roots Band is constantly placed at the top of playlists by DJs & listeners of all musical genres. This Chico-born, now San Diego based group embraces the nature of roots reggae wholeheartedly and perform it confidently. The list of bands that they have shared the stage with reads like a “who’s who” of reggae music, including The Wailers, Pato Banton, Gregory Isaacs, Jimmy Cliff, as well as Jurassic 5, Long Beach Dub All Stars, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Ozomatli, and Digital Underground to name just a few!

Winner of the 2005 Los Angeles Music Award for Best Pop/Reggae Album and having already appeared on ESPN, FOX Sports and NBC News, the Mystic Roots Band (MRcool smiley can now add a nationally syndicated reality television show to the notches on their heavy belts. MRB was recently featured on the season finale of a hit television show That Ying Yang Thing on The Learning Channel (TLC).

Having independently sold over 10,000 albums, topping Amazon.com’s chart of independent artist sales, and killing music download sites with their underground hit “Pass”, it’s no wonder why Mystic Roots Band was recently voted #1 band in Playboy Magazine’s #1 party college town, Chico, California.

Through socially aware lyrics, Mystic Roots Band promotes positivity and spreads a conscious message. Fans describe MRB’s style as a unique combination of No Doubt, Sublime, The Police, Sean Paul, The Fugees and Cypress Hill with the spirit and consciousness of Bob Marley and Spearhead. This diverse sound enables Mystic Roots to continually produce dynamic, cutting edge songs that fans are immediately drawn to. When coming to an MRB concert you are guaranteed more than just music for your ears, but rather a high-energy show and powerful experience you’ll never forget.

With their vast catalog of full-length albums, singles and EPs, and their music heard on various compilations, surf videos, TV commercials, movie soundtracks, and countless radio stations, Mystic Roots has developed an ever-growing legion of loyal fans. This fan base lies not only in the United States, but also overseas in Europe, Latin America, Australia, and even several regions of Asia. With the release of their third album, more than 700 shows in the finest venues on the West Coast over the past eight years, and the explosion of reggae and dancehall music on the pop charts, these pioneering musicians are ready to take their message to the next level and reach the masses. “And that’s a musical stampede.”

Check out www.mysticroots.com
roots
March 25, 2006 01:51AM
new york - virginia - texas in 3 days? good luck
March 25, 2006 10:46AM
Actually the Texas date was our mistake, we'll be in NC on the 22nd...

One love!
March 25, 2006 06:37PM
you guys need Mystic Roots. They are an awesome band. their music is unique and up beat. They will bring in tons of people!!

March 25, 2006 06:50PM
mystic roots...big up...safe travels and good music along the way...

blessings,

one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]
March 26, 2006 01:42AM
I hope to see the Mystic Roots and PYRX at SNMWF in the years to come!!!

Local Festivals should support local artists!!!
Irie Nation
March 27, 2006 02:41AM
The intorduction of these and other local artists would be a fine addition to this wonderful musical showcase!!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS!!!

ONE LOVE and safe journey's on your tour!
March 27, 2006 02:47PM
bring em i agree!!!

&quot;It takes a whole village to raise a child&quot; African Proverb
March 27, 2006 03:13PM
bad humor deleted...

Post Edited (03-27-06 07:14)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
jb welda
March 27, 2006 07:41PM

make that "tolerable"

one love
jah bill
March 27, 2006 09:21PM
jb, ya see dat "bad humor deleted..." up deh?

lol... heh heh heh...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
marcus
March 28, 2006 12:55AM
mystic roots band inna san jose...tonight, no cover charge.....at South first st. billiards..get up and go
March 28, 2006 01:24AM
>got to admit you guys have your own street team going here & have been even promoting/harrassing people in AZ., too!
>your first show i remember this year was booked @the Setts [www.thesetts.com] with Trash City' who will rob any victim in town & now u went to local venue & begged manager for show cause none of the local promoters would take ya that u called.
>the catch here is u got your date at the good venue because Burning Spear is in town that nite & no local promoter with a rite mind would try to go up against spear on same nite in area*
>best of luck on your show*
[www.myspace.com]

-RASpects+
CHICO LOVE
March 30, 2006 06:06AM
I just caught Mystic Roots live at the Oasis!! Mystic Roots had a kick ass performance!! The 25 cent kamis, hot bodys and packed venue lead to an excellent Tues night!! party it up Chico!!
April 08, 2006 12:34AM
This bands the ****!!!!!
April 08, 2006 07:38PM
Would love to see Mystic Roots!!!!!
April 09, 2006 04:53AM
any word from mystic roots on the tour?
April 09, 2006 05:47AM
<<Friday, April 21 – TBA – Virginia
Saturday, April 22 – TBA – El Paso, TX
Sunday, April 23 – TBA – Tulsa, OK>>

Who scheduled this leg of the tour? For their punishment they should be pressed into service as the band van driver & road manager!
April 09, 2006 08:21AM
ROFL
April 13, 2006 11:18PM
It would be awesome to have Mystic Roots at SNWMF.

Their tour is CRAZY sick!! Nothing but good vibes and awesome music. Coot put on a kickass DJ session in Corvallis and the band tore up Boulder CO, at the Redfish. Wish I could make it to more show!

Nothing but luv & alohaz for Mystic Roots!
April 16, 2006 11:01PM
Hillarious. Yes, that tour schedule was insane. We're not doing that anymore. Now we're doing Friday the 21st in Rochester, NY at The Whiskey, then Saturday the 22nd and Sunday the 23rd in Ohio...

Tour has been great so far, but still haven't heard back from the booking people here at SNWMF. Saw that Misty & Roots got added! That's blessed smiling smiley

Hopefully they still will consider putting us on the show as well.

We're in Omaha, NE now and going to Pittsburgh next.

Much Love everyone!!!!!!
April 16, 2006 11:10PM
mystic roots,
good to hear from you,
safe journeys,

one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]
April 28, 2006 08:20PM
We still haven't been added sad smiley

Oh well...

the US tour is going great though! Thanks to all our new friends around the country. Great to hear people singing along to "Pass The Marijuana" from Omaha to Seattle and Chicago to Salt Lake CIty!

And if it's not too late, we're still more than happy to come play on one of the stages at SNWMF!!!

Much love, MRB
April 28, 2006 09:33PM
heard deh was only 30-40 people at Studio 7 in Seattle... nah much love deh...

oh well....

BIG SIIIIGHHH..........

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
April 28, 2006 10:37PM
a reggae festival is not festive without Mystic Roots!!!!
TR-808
April 28, 2006 10:42PM

i guess you're right

all the last snwmf have sucked now that you mention it

stur-gav in the dance was no good

leonard dillon wasn't in the place

linval wasn't red hot

cocoa tea wasn't sweet

and neither was sugar

marcia and beres couldn't get no love

and stone love could never really build a vibe

junior murvin didnt' roll the place when he hit "solomon"

johnny osburn didn't burn it hot as the sun dropped

it wasn't like there were some real pioneers...

no, it just hasn't been any good.

--
April 29, 2006 11:58AM
what is with such negativity????? Reggae music is about the positive vibe and that's why we make this music. The post above, from an unknown author, is sarcastic and negative and I just don't get why people feel the need to say such things...

And Ras Danny... nuff respect to you for helping forward reggae music in Oregon, but why the negative remarks? The show in Seattle with Apostle was blessed. Maybe there were only 30 people or so, but they were a lovely group of people and we're not complaining. De Apostle flew all the way out from St. Croix for that ONE show and he was so professional... I've seen other reggae acts put on a half show when the crowd isn't packed, but Apostle laid it down as if the place had 5000 heads. It was an honor to back him and we had a great time! Nuff respect to Nuff Sed as well for the other Seattle date... also great crowd, even if it was under 100 people that night too.

Tonight in Tempe was the same... not a PACKED house... 180 people, which doesn't quite fill Bash On Ash... but was still a great vibe. And nuff respect to Jah Meek for coming out and big up the Dub Club...

If people don't like MRB, that's fine, each to their own, but the negative remarks simply set back reggae music and UNITY. The words ONE LOVE, Unity, I-Nity and Respect need to be more than just words thrown around in this community, they need to be lived.

Jah Guide us all....

MRBTR-808 wrote:

>
> i guess you're right
>
> all the last snwmf have sucked now that you mention it
>
>
> stur-gav in the dance was no good
>
> leonard dillon wasn't in the place
>
> linval wasn't red hot
>
> cocoa tea wasn't sweet
>
> and neither was sugar
>
> marcia and beres couldn't get no love
>
> and stone love could never really build a vibe
>
> junior murvin didnt' roll the place when he hit "solomon"
>
> johnny osburn didn't burn it hot as the sun dropped
>
> it wasn't like there were some real pioneers...
>
>
> no, it just hasn't been any good.
>
> --
April 29, 2006 04:03PM
I'm still in favor of Mystic Roots being booked for any show. Great people to work with, and i've seen them put on very nice shows every time no matter what the size of the crowd. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
TR-808
April 29, 2006 07:35PM

> If people don't like MRB, that's fine, each to their own,
> but the negative remarks simply set back reggae music and UNITY.

what a bunch of complete @#$%& garbage

this statement sets up a bullshit model, where if i state my opinion that i don't care to see or your particular band, i'm setting back reggae music and unity.

let me tell you something.. it's bullshit artists like you who mimick and misappropriate rasta in reggae business and then misrepresent it (like above)... and THAT'S a setback to real reggae music.

i don't think all the band members are bullshit artists though.. maybe not any of them, necessarily. but whoever posted that crap above definitely is.

--
April 29, 2006 11:16PM
--> with Apostle was blessed.

my representative deh, that nite, a musician himself, left while MRB was performing, didn/couldn feel it, came back later fi De Apostle and sed MRB performed markedly better AS A BACK UP BAND... and I&I opinion of Apostles work is a VERY HIGH one!!! and I only know his work by his recordings... the cd you guyz sent I did not in any way change my initial opinion of MRB... and if my remarks above were taken as negative, so be it, to I, it is the truth as I know it...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
April 30, 2006 03:00AM
"i don't think all the band members are bullshit artists though.. maybe not any of them, necessarily. but whoever posted that crap above definitely is."

they can all throw it down...they are all very talented musicians. if you dont like the style they play...cool, but they are all very talented. they hold many endorsements, including warwick basses and framus guitars....
May 01, 2006 07:29PM
Danny,

I think what was negative about what you said above was:

"nah much love deh..."

That night was so much fun and the band played great and the crowd was loving. I worked the merch for MRB that night and talked to the people there 1st hand and it was a very warm reception...

and TR-808... why would you call MRB bullshit artists? just because someone in the band posted on here that we should all promote love and positivity? why are people on this forum so angry and mean all the time?

End all beef.

Love reigns supreme.

-marissa
May 01, 2006 07:32PM
Well i say BIG UP to all singers and players of instruments, both those that I love dearly and also those who don't move me. Music is a form of expression through art, and I hail all those who express themselves!!!!!
jb welda
May 01, 2006 07:36PM
if i may speak on behalf of tr-808 (whom i know by another name) he didnt call mrb bull$hit artists, he called the writer of the post that.

personally i think someone had to say it. heres the deal: when you come to a place where reggae people are and start claiming that things just arent good unless xyz local band is there, youre gonna get called on it, especially if you persist in the face of good natured responses telling you it just aint so. and so tr-808 just said what many others are thinking and yes that includes me. there is good and there is not so good; there is original and there are copyists, a lot of people get confused by that. so tr-808 is just trying to set it straight.

and no we arent "so angry and mean all the time". only when pushed to it.

one love
jah bill
jeff lover
May 01, 2006 07:42PM
I was in Seattle.

MRB was dope and so was Apostle.

Apostle was CRACKIN me up though at the end of his set when he was taking off his shirt humping the ground all Bobby Brown Style... signing something about tearing up all the virgin girls??? I've never been to a reggae show and seen anything like that. But I'm not hatin, it was dope. The balance between that vibe and the Mystic vibe of love and Jah made for a great night of party and prayer. Plus they both sung about Ganja!!!

good times
jb welda
May 01, 2006 07:50PM
yes thats indeed why they call it "dope"

one love
jah bill
May 01, 2006 08:03PM
Nuff respect Jah Bill...

Your words were eloquent and I appreciate your response.

In my opinion most of what's been said here is in mis-communication.

This started with a post by an alicia saying "a festival just wouldn't be festive without MRB" or something like that, to which tr-808 responded with that long rant about how all the shows this far must have sucked, (sarcastically).

Now OBVIOUSLY none of the shows have sucked, and I don't think anyone was saying that. Alicia's short and sweet comment was a figure of speech or an expression. Like saying, "It just wouldn't be xmas without egg nog". Of course it would still be a great Xmas without egg nog, but maybe it this person's opinion it would be better with... etc.

So I was simply asking TR-808 why post such a sarcastic response. I have loved every year at SNWMF and by no means think it would suck without out inclusion.

And yes a post saying, "I don't care for MRB, please do not book them", would be fine. Opinion stated. It's just all the neagtive, curse-words and hate flowing around that irks me.

Jah Bill, I think you put it best and I appeciate your post. As for TR-808, I apologize if you thought I was insulting you, I wasn't intentionally. I didn't mean YOU were setting back Reggae or anything like that. I just wished to express that people going back and forth with negative comments in GENERAL is not unity.

We've played with some bands we don't like, met some people who weren't very nice... but overall we have nothing negative say. "Judge Not" said Bob, and the Bible before him... so we try to take the higher ground and not get sucked in.

We DO NOT play reggae music the way Midnite does, nor Sizzla, nor Steel Pulse. We mix in some dance-hall, some hip-hop, some ska, etc and the result isn't something everyone will like. but above all we give thanks to Jah and keep all music POSITIVE, so it just hurts sometimes to have negativity come back. But we still love you all.

Jah Bill, TR-808, Ras Danny, etc... no disrespect and many apologies if any earlier posts were misunderstood.

One Love
Benj41
May 01, 2006 08:52PM
Thanks for the entertaining thread!

I'm sitting on the couch Over the Pond chuckling to myself and thanking Jah or whoever for Mystic Roots and their POSITIVE music. Woooh!

What a bunch of tossers, as they say over here ; ).
Rastafoureyes
May 02, 2006 12:35AM
"Judge Not" said Bob, and the Bible before him..."
PMSL
C.D
Black-Dutch_Drummie
May 02, 2006 09:40AM
Me nah kno but some subtle thoughts/hints in this 'Ruff Ruts' Reggae business, not to mention spending some yrs and hundred plus thousand miles on tours across the US staring the back of Stamina's ugly head;>winking smiley
that not every show's 'Da Bomb', 'Da Dope' or whatever you want to call it. Some shows sucked either attendance-wise or $$-wise or both. Had some incredible shows with a very small crowd while had some shows that was just terrible with a large crowd while the band was in top notch. One thing bands/people have to undestand, not everybody will ever like your music, no matter how great your studio CD(s) are, no matter how much rehearsal, sweat and tears you put in a live show or tours. Especially if you're a, no offense as my band's almost with the exception of 2 members, caucasian band US reggaeband. Juss nah happen, Me Yute!The best thing you can do and hope it'll turn ears and bring in a crowd, is to advertise and plugin your future shows as much as possible by any ways, WITHIN reason, possible. But by going in forums or incouraging fans/friends to go in and post, now I'm not acussing as I did not pay ANY attention whatsoever to the IP addresses, under different pseudos and hype how great your or such band is and should be book at this or that show. No matter how much you think it might help by doing that, at the same time you're busy shooting yourself in the foot by turning people away by the aggressiveness and self hype. Getting into agruements with other posters who you think are dissing you does nothing but take you further into deeper hole.
Word of advise, backweh with the aggression, instead take it as a 'constructive critisism' and put it to a positive use to. You'll be surprised what wonders do come out of something like that and how far down the road it'll take you if you keep a level headsmiling smiley
Concentrate on your music with your instruments, not on the silly fights with a computer in a forum. Agruements are NOT worthed!!

Foward ever...
R_D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login