I Grade St. Croix Reggae Showcase
Featuring Army, Abja, Niyorah
With The Red I Band & Green-Up Sound

Moe's Alley - 1535 Commercial Way
Santa Cruz

Tickets at Streetlight Records and Ticketweb.com: [www.ticketweb.com]

Re: I Grade Showcase @ Moes Alley in Santa Cruz 3/17
March 13, 2006 10:11AM
Mike will they have Balboa & the horns @ Moe's?
PS please e-mail me, lost your phone#...got a ting to discuss...
March 13, 2006 10:31AM
Stamina,

There is no word yet as to whether the horns will play in Santa Cruz. That was a special bonus for the family who came out to welcome this showcase to the West Coast on Friday night.

Perhaps Balboa can provide some insight on what has been worked out for the remainder of the tour.

Advanced tickets are highly recommended for Friday night's performance, as Moe's will only be able to hold 250 heads, and we sold the place out last time.

Respect, MK

March 13, 2006 05:02PM
PEOPLE GET READY!!!!!!!!!!!

THE RESPONSE 2 MILLION 7 HORNS.....BLESSID!

MIKE- I'M TRYING TO GET THE HORNS THERE...STUDIOS WORKS AWAIT US IN SC ALSO.

THANKS 2 U & GREEN UP FOR THE HELP W/ GETTING M7S ARTISTS HEARD!!!

HIT ME UP @ MY EMAIL...HAVE SPECIAL M7S GUEST IN TOWN THAT NIGHT AS WELL.

BLESSID, ST 4 M7S
Borat Yequeshmesh
March 13, 2006 05:36PM
big up Green Up Sound...... Swami, Michael Irie keep the roots alive and nourished fada-wise a.k.a. proseed a.k.a. brimstone a.k.a. quinoa say that
March 13, 2006 05:58PM
Hail Up fadawise..

Just doin what we do. Respect, MK

joseph
March 13, 2006 08:29PM
greetins, is the igrade family have any new albums on tour with them?
March 13, 2006 09:29PM
Excellent show in SF trinity! Just posted some shot to the board.... Been thinking about making the show in SC myself, II could always use more material!

Bless,

Christopher
March 13, 2006 10:19PM
Joseph..

The new albums from Niyorah (Purification Session) and Abja (Mahogany Road) are not available on the tour, but should be available very soon on VIRoots.com.

Christopher..Excellent shots. Thanks for your efforts in promotion as well -MK

March 14, 2006 02:31PM
Bumpa...

March 15, 2006 08:16AM
Tuff Lion will be in full effect on Friday night in Santa Cruz....

March 15, 2006 11:16AM

A message from Tippy....

Greetings Family,
Million 7 Horns has just been confirmed to join the I Grade Showcase Tour for the Santa Cruz show at Moe's Alley on Friday, March 17. ... Raspect to Balboa, Khalil, Barry Irie, Seth and all crew. Give thanks to all who came forward to support the SF show. Come out to the Fairgrounds in Grass Valley tomorrow night (Thurs) if you're in the area. Blessed Love.

Santa Cruz Massive..get your tickets early, as you don't want to be listening to this one from the Moe's Parking lot. Respect, Mk

garden of delights
March 15, 2006 11:56AM
Does anyone know if they will be heading to socal? Or did have they already passed through? Would luv to see this. Thanx
March 15, 2006 12:02PM

March 18 San Luis Obispo, CA The Grad
March 29 Solana Beach, CA The Belly Up
March 31 San Diego, CA World Beat Center
garden of delights
March 15, 2006 12:29PM
thanx luv. Will head to Solana Beach-also hoping they'll hook us up in the LA to LB area. smiling smiley
March 16, 2006 10:11AM
Bumpa..

March 16, 2006 09:30PM
Niyo & Bumpa..

March 17, 2006 11:13AM
Bumpa..

March 17, 2006 11:17AM
A bigger bumpa...

March 17, 2006 11:33AM
I see you've mastered the new bumpa technique for thread maintenance.

You should try to get a job here....

March 17, 2006 11:39AM
Don't forget to catch the Showcase in San Luis Obispo tomorrow evening (Saturday 3/18) at The Graduate.

Should be great, Resination opening and yours truly spinning some wax beforehand and between sets.

Hello Trinitymlk (Mike), hope you're doing well. Looking forward to the Showcase. Do you and the missus ever get down this way? Would love to put you up at my place if you had the time !!

One love
be well
eric v
March 18, 2006 10:31AM
Moe's show was nice! Musically tuff, nice mix of riddims from a tight & dynamic bass & drums, Tuff Lion is one of the tastiest gitsies in reggae and his harmonies were sweet, and Tippy was scrubbing it right on cue...they even did a nice version of the classic 'Queen of the Minstrels' riddim, and the horns, tho obviously hadn't rehearsed with the band enuf, were pretty darn intuitive and a great touch! I heard Midnite @ Monterey and Red I is def. the superior band musically. World of respect to Mike Kelly & GreenUp sound for bringing the vibe forward. With the exception of one @$$hole in a black leather jacket who took the runnings for a mosh pit, the packed house was irie and respectful. Contrary to what some folks have said about VI music, I didn't need at all to smoke to enjoy the runnings, though I was offered a few times (I was there in my St. Patricks Day character...Herb O'casionally!)
March 18, 2006 11:30AM
It was one of those nights in Santa Cruz..lovely crowd of people came together to pack the house, and the band played 3+ hours of world-class roots music. The horn section was in effect and the energy was high all night.

Kenyatta's bass was shaking the foundation of the building, and at one point during Niyo's set the crowd was so live, it felt like we were on the spring loaded floor of the Crystal Ballroom.

The sound curfew came around too quickly once again, as I feel that Niyorah was just beginning to get warmed up when we had to work into the finale.

Big shouts to all KZSC Crew who helped to rally the crowd, and to MIchael Annotti, Stephen Robinson, and Luv Fyah for touching the mic during the Green-Up set. Respect goes out to Santa Cruz originals like Herb Ocassionally who came through to support.

If you are anywhere near San Luis Obispo...make an effort to reach The Graduate tonight for the next I Grade Session. Respect, -MK

March 19, 2006 12:08AM
I must say that I'm in full agreement with both of you, trinity and stamina, I know I may not have been to as many shows as some of you all but I can honestly say that I've never been to a better show. Been to some that were up there on a similar level but never anything I could say was better. From the band to the singers the message everything was on point .
I would rescend just about every request I've made for this year's SNWMF if we could get this showcase to come.
March 19, 2006 12:26AM
Herb O'casionally! --> YEAH BABY!!!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 19, 2006 11:20PM
greetings just to echo the vibes of praise for the santa cruz show...everyone was incredible and yeah it was a huge bummer about the sound curfew, cuz it was obvious that they woulda jammed for waaay longer...they really got into the zone and hit a super irie level...one of the best vi shows i have seen yet, up there even with dezarie! mike give much thanks for the works, and to everyone involved...it was a super special and blessed night...what is up with their presence at sierra nevada...?

March 20, 2006 10:30AM
Yeah calireggae the show was well nice and carried good vibes in the house, I got to meet the musicians earlier, and they were all humble, ital and livicated to the music and the message...but as far as the best show ever, well I was at nine Bob Marley concerts, and held up to that standard, most of even the best reggae performances these days fall a bit short of that...the only two artists who put me in the mind of the quality of a BM&W show were Luciano w/Dean Frazer & Firehouse crew, and Bunny Wailer with like a 13-pc. band...imho the VI showcase would've had more impact if the songs had actual outro endings or segues, and not just end 'boomp' on every tune...also, the VI singers need to expand a bit on their range of expression and not rely so much on the VI variation of the 'Waterhouse wail' that so many of their vocalists have adopted, to the point of their sounding too similar to one another. I tell you what though, if a horn section like the one Balboa brought to Moe's tightened up and had time to fully rehearse with the crucial musicians in the Red I band, that would be off the charts wikked!
March 20, 2006 01:01PM
Greetings..

I'll probably regret posting here but to my ears, Army has one of the best voices around today.

Wonder where ya got that pic of Tuff Lion? Hmmmmmm. smiling smiley

TRW
kyndgrl
March 20, 2006 03:23PM
yes, Army does have one of the best voices around!! Im having a hard time finding his Cd "Struggler"..does anyone know how i can find one?? Ive been on VIREGGAE, and theres no link to purchase it, only the photo??
give thanks for any links..

Bless~
jb welda
March 20, 2006 03:35PM
i thought army and niyorah were the best vocalists of the night and the more i recall the sf show the more i was impressed with army.

one love
jah bill
trinpro
March 20, 2006 04:12PM
Kyndgrl..

Army's first two albums 'Struggler" and "Yesterday's News" were both released on a record label that is no longer around, and therefore they have gone out of print.

Army recently commented that they were pursuing the legal rights to these works so that they might be re-released in the future. It sounds like you know where to look for these releases, so keep your eyes out for them to surface.

Respect, MK

March 20, 2006 05:25PM
Yes Stamina, wasn't trying to meaning to imply the show ever, just one of the best I personally have ever been to. I'm sure had I been alive to see Bob Marley in concert I might also have a different oppinion.
kyndgrl
March 20, 2006 05:30PM
thanks trinpro...
CaliRoots
March 22, 2006 11:23AM
Yes-I Trinity Productions, Green-Up.... thanks for your efforts bringing these great artists to such an intimate venue! it was a wonderful evening... yes, too bad Niyo couldn't have jammed out a few more tunes and that the finale was cut short. but, still it was a blessed 3+ hour event.

looking forward to your next big show!

blessings,
caliroots
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login