Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2006 welcomes - RICO RODRIGUEZ

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2006 welcomes - RICO RODRIGUEZ
March 13, 2006 11:31AM
The living legend will have his own set as well as sitting in on all the other artists that The Robotiks will be backing this year!!!
Re: SNWMF 2006 welcomes - RICO RODRIGUEZ
March 13, 2006 11:39AM
nice up de area! SWEEET!!!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 13, 2006 11:52AM
Niceness...
Jahsprey
March 13, 2006 12:18PM
The check's in the mail....
March 13, 2006 12:35PM
Absolutely amazing, thanks much SNWMF

Keep it coming

Be well
eric v
March 13, 2006 12:39PM
Another foundation artist! Awesome.
March 13, 2006 12:55PM
Original Man straight from Duke Reid's Camp!!
miguel
March 13, 2006 01:14PM
nice! forward the horns!
March 13, 2006 01:40PM
>yeh mon heard him did well in europe just recent hope amerikkka will treat him same*

-RASpects+
Spleece
March 13, 2006 08:07PM

Yes! Yes! Yes!

-s
March 15, 2006 04:09PM
i'm REAL jealous about this one. sierra nevada is THE PREMIER reggae festival in the country this year. wow, talk about crushing the doubt. i'll be with ya'll in spirit this year, most definately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its supposed to be a challenge. That's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy, it would just be the way. -Road Trip
March 15, 2006 06:58PM
NOw this is big news! THANK YOU!!!
March 17, 2006 10:31AM
Let the trombone play on....

[www.snwmf.com]
April 05, 2006 01:20PM
>just heard Rico on XM radio doing a recent live cutt recorded pon stage in Argentina w/ Roots To The Bone Band, song titled Jungle Beat*
'how can u seh u dont like the reggae beat? u must b krazy!"

-RASpects+
April 05, 2006 01:43PM
Some of these artists I'm not familiar with..that clip of Rico Rodriguez was very helpful...now I can't wait to see/hear him.....thanx
jb welda
April 05, 2006 02:28PM
rico had two versions of that song jahmeek.

one was called ummm jungle beat i think and had the words "you say you dont like the jungle beat" and the other was called "you must be crazy" i think it was and it had the words "you dont like the reggae beat". that last one may have only appeared on that world festival record set...womad, recorded back in the 80s if i remember right. so i think they got it mixed up somewhere along the line on that live set youre talking about. the live cut was probably taken from the cd release togetherness with the roots to the bone band on Subterrannia label. the womad one is probably out of print so "you must be crazy" is probably lost to the world.

one love
jah bill
April 05, 2006 02:34PM
>yeh JB the dj/selector who was hosting radio show on XM made it seem like this was a recent recording of of live set in S.America. i dont own the copy so have no idea but thanx for heads up^
>but it is rare for any artist to get a verbal introduction on this channel so im guessin' there gearing up for SNWMF/west coast tour? cause i keep hearing sum arists on here now that i never heard on station till u all listed dem***

-RASpects+
jb welda
April 05, 2006 02:45PM
>i keep hearing sum arists on here now that i never heard on station till u all
>listed dem

thats good to hear. was this dermott husseys show by any chance? (sorry if i got his name wrong)

one love
jah bill
April 05, 2006 02:52PM
>not sure i forget his name but he on everyday & can be heard on various commercial plugs through-out nite.
>i just leave it on for background noise & when a vibe catchs i then i pull up title to c' what it is if i get lost.
>the after hours dancehall bashment special after the dub hour is horrible though. dem need own channel i tink cause it just stinks up place^ fair warning...

-RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login