Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boonville Community Meeting

Posted by Daniel 
Boonville Community Meeting
March 14, 2006 06:29PM
A community meeting was held in Boonville last night to hear from local residents regarding SNWMF 2006 and the impact it will have on the Anderson Valley. Approximately 30 people attended and while some expressed concern regarding the ‘June invasion’, in general the community was very supportive of seeing the event move forward.

State Park Ranger Patrick noted that there are only 20 camp sites still available at the Dimmick Campground, with only 40 spots left at Hendy Woods, so everyone now has fair notice – if you want to camp in a State Park, get your reservations now!

Following the meeting, we were advised that the sound curfew for outdoor music (which had been 11:00 p.m.) was going to be extended until Midnight. This extra hour is a major coup for which I am most grateful, especially for Friday night.

Most of the community’s concerns were directed at the issue of traffic. In addition to the impact that coming and going from the festival will have on Highway 128, some expressed concern about the late night drive up 253 to Ukiah. I suspect that seeing Josh and Jah Bill’s photos of racing cars on the ‘road to Boonville’ thread contributed to the anxiety.

Prior to the meeting, I was able to take a look inside the Agriculture Building which is where the dancehall will be held from 11-2am on Friday and Saturday. The building is a tad smaller (longer and less wide) than the one in Angel’s Camp, but to this person’s untrained ears, the acoustics sound much, much better due in large part to the foam that has been sprayed on the inside (and outside) of the roof. Now we just need to get some artists announced that will fill the hall with some sweet sounds.

I had hoped to be able to get a better look at the property so as to be able to answer some questions regarding Family and Alter-Able Camping, as well as to take some photos of the venue, but this part of the trip got 'rained out' until next weekend.
TR-808
Re: Boonville Community Meeting
March 14, 2006 06:31PM

thanks Dan

and as for you, William...

--
March 14, 2006 07:05PM
Good one TR, but 420 should be extended the same honour...
jb welda
March 14, 2006 07:49PM
maybe i can post some photos of the little old lady from pasadena for atonement?

besides a quick review of what i did post would tell most english speaking residents the true message i was going on about.

one love
jah bill
kate
March 15, 2006 08:07PM
how is parking/camping at the new site?

Is parking going to be near camping like at Angels Camp? Or will it be similar to ROTR where you park and may have to hike your stuff to where you actually camp?
March 15, 2006 08:14PM
>good question cause abandon the car doesnt work out that well have always thought*

-RASpects+
March 15, 2006 08:15PM
We'll have an operations meeting at the venue next weekend to plot out where the general camping, family camping, vendor camping, alter-able camping and staff camping will be, but regardless you can expect something similar to last year with one big exception: You'll be camping on lush grass and NOT dirt!!!
kate
March 15, 2006 09:38PM
Yay!
March 15, 2006 10:10PM
daniel - whenever i attend SNWMF i camp on lush grass, is there any other kind??
March 15, 2006 10:12PM
lol...!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 15, 2006 10:20PM
The race is not for the swift, nor the battle for the strong, but victory goes to those who enter and reside in zana tent.
March 15, 2006 10:21PM
And that would be me.
March 15, 2006 10:48PM
"and that would be me" waiting for zana to come back to the tent that she told me was hers......

March 15, 2006 11:27PM
March 16, 2006 03:12AM
Sorry Daniel, one of my previous pastimes emerged from hiding.

fourtwentyplenty
March 16, 2006 04:04AM
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
March 16, 2006 05:33AM
Damn, just when i was getting use to camping on the dirt next to the mosquito factory...

It's lush now, how bout come June?
March 16, 2006 05:44AM
"Damn, just when i was getting use to camping on the dirt next to the mosquito factory..."

Haha - I can sympathize, yes indeedy! Always better than a riverbed full of rocks however you slice it though...
V DOSIA
March 16, 2006 07:49AM
The riverbed full of rocks feels good on my back escpecialy after a very latenight / early morning of drinking and other undisclosed activites.......Then waking up mid day in a puddle of sweat being able to roll over run 5 steps from your tent and dive into a nice cold river of sludge, with your 'concert style' speakers sitting 'pon' the bank blasting, 'bashment' dancehall and a mild ammount of roots...swimming with all your friends ,,,,,, is just a pure blessing. Beach front property at the river is a must :-) YADIDA!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login